Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
The Fish scum and their corruptible practices have plagued this great republic for far too long. We will, after this quick criminal inquiry, find evidence of Fish misappropriation and send them all to the shackles they deserve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

You can check out anytime you like.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

I couldn't include it but the Delegates essentially never veto any legislation the Senators pass due to party polarization and functionally just rubber stamp all bills.

A President who never vetoes a bill still has legislative power because her veto, even unexercised, has indirect legislative power that functionally guides the legislature.

Like, if there's any chance that the Senate isn't passing a bill because they know the Delegates would reject it, that's legislative power.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CCKeane posted:

This discussion is the best argument for despotism I've ever heard.

Once I merge with Helios, this will no longer be a concern.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4zwCMf8dsc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8idF4JdEmHU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

noooooooooooo. Sorry dongs.

Let him leave. He can't guilt trip people like this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

This seems like it's gonna turn into some sort of ridiculous narrative where you find the perfect moment of us having a shared win condition to hold me hostage unless you allow me to guilt trip you. So actually yes, you can guilt trip people, you just shouldn't.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

im going to rp as adolf hitler and it will DEFINITELY cross the line

literally or figuratively

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Hey AS I don't know what time zone you're in but you're welcome to join us in the DJ thread if you'd like. Ecco and I (and Kashuno a little bit) are chatting and jamming out.

https://plug.dj/3062362278242127294

It's just a cool free site that allows you to make playlists of youtube music.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

no mods no masters ##vote kfc

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

If KFC doesn't get NKed night one he is clearly scum.

irl

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

dongsbot 9000 posted:

That is us, Marco from Naruto Forums. We are ISIS.

this is getting dangerous, this literally escalated quickly

john cena would be ashamed

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

A whole bunch of nothing. We will come back to regularly schedule mafia soon.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I understand that if I do not jelly the sandwich it will not count as a pbj unless I believe hard enough.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

We got Tao Jones and LMIRL? Ecco is out for old blood.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm Marco, oh no

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I will be roleplaying as Marco from Naruto Forums

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I personify the phrase "killing them with kindness". As any alignment I am the picture of civility, always cordial with everyone regardless of my stated read on them. This demeanor often lulls scum into a false sense of security when engaging with a town me and makes a mafia me very hard to catch out, let alone get lynched, which my high win percentage as scum can attest to. Behind the scenes I, a consummate nice guy, am a meticulous note taker and skilled planner, one whose willing to be the fall guy if needed.

We don't always take the time to do awards on NF (Naruto Forums) but when we have I have consistently been named for the most prestigious awards(best overall, best mafia, best townie). I've been the most consistent player most have come across and there is no one most would prefer having on their side or are more paranoid about when I'm potentially not. No matter if I'm on your side or not I'm a positive presence, one you'll never be able to feel bad about losing to and I can only hope those against me this game are as good of sports about it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Intimidation manifests itself in many ways, The Lord of Hats.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

A good reason to vote Somber, imo, is that he doubled down on his vote for me despite clearly not believing I'm scum.

I agree with this ##vote somber

I agreed with you on your first interaction w/ somber too but that's because I just read it 15 minutes ago

also keane is scum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I agreed with you on your first interaction w/ somber too but that's because I just read it 15 minutes ago

dumb syntax, not BECAUSE i just read it 15 minutes ago, but despite it happening days ago and a ton of discussion happening, i wanted to still say my thoughts since i haven't posted much d1

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have a 100% town read on pmom, and I have now come around on somber too ##unvote. I think they're both town.

Let's lynch CCKeane instead.

CCKeane posted:

AS typed a lot of words and typing words is good day one so AS is probably a good.

Thank you god bless.

CCKeane posted:

Words are fine for day 1, and generating content, even content that's not necessarily particularly insightful, generally sets a stage and provides thoughts that can later be used if a player is scum. It's a good habit to encourage, and I'm disinclined to vote somebody actively participating day one because of it.

Says the man who posted like 4 times since the game started *coughs up a lung*

Bad AS read followed by a post about content (not a post containing content) that ends with self-consciousness.

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, I'd actually be comfortable voting PMom.

Not a single read or interaction despite it being the main conversation of the whole day. Completely non-committal 'Yeah I'd vote' post.

I very much have a gut read that this adds up to scum. Sorry you're sick, Keane, but I think you're also scum. ##vote keane

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

ot a single read or interaction about pmom/somber despite it being the main conversation of the whole day. Completely non-committal 'Yeah I'd vote' post.

mafia edit

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Somberbrero posted:

I am curious as to what flipped you on me and how you see pin and i as townies butting heads.

Somberbrero posted:

Tell me how changing my mind has any correlation to alignment. Are we now pretending that this was the genesis of your vote and not you misreading something obviously interpreted by everyone else as a joke?

that post. I agreed with PMom's read of you voting him when you didn't actually think he was scum, but normally in my experience scum don't talk so accurately about their own posting history. Also, you're not talking about all the reasons you changed your mind (ie the big narrative scums think up before they do stuff) but rather are just saying you changed it and that shouldn't be indicative of alignment.

I believe you both are posting genuinely.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I disagree, I think Keane reads almost entirely as uncommitted and that aligns with his sickness story. His alignment is null. Like, he says things because he knows he should say things. Under normal circumstances it could be a scum read, but I believe Keane is sick and that is why he is not engaged. Did I say the same thing twice in a slightly different way? I think so, lets keep it in.

That post about content re: AS pinged me hard. His non-committal position doesn't make him scum alone, I agree, it's that first middle of the 3 quotes that set me off, plus everything else that falls in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

That's as genuine as PMom gets. As for my PMom town read, he's saying a bunch of things I agree with. He's stating his opinions and getting a ton of poo poo for it, half of which for being a difficult player or w/e. If people responded to my reads like they are to him this game I'd be having a stroke.

• Locked thread