Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in. Sign me up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

If KFC doesn't get NKed night one he is clearly scum.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Did I know you by another name?

Nope, this is pretty much the only name I ever use, and certainly the only one for Mafia. I'm just getting warmed up on my day 1 shitposting, I'm incredibly rusty.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Ecco when am I getting my PM telling me that I'm an invincible confirmed town cop

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I Understand That I Need To Unvote Before Revotes Or Ecco Will Be Unhappy With Me And Also Not Count My New Vote Unless I Am A Double Voter In Which Case It Will Be Counted And Ecco Will Not Be Unhappy With Me But Instead Merely Disappointed With My Life Decisions.

Also wow, that sure is some power placed in the hands of the senate, there. I'm pretty sure that realistically speaking regardless of who wins our country is kinda hosed. Hooray for our definitely-not-a-backwater-third-world-nation!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

hell do the goomba stomping ill do the toadweed smoking

I find this motion acceptable, but you had drat well better do your job. If I see unsmoked toadweed laying around that's going to be the end of your sweet deal.

I mean, obviously Mario is going to have to agree, too, but I just wanted to voice my approval.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

voting me for president

We don't have a president, we have a... it'd be Prime Minister, right? Or just Senate Chair?

And even if we did, I would not vote for a president whose campaign promise was to be constantly blitzed on toadweed. That's vice-president material.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

I will be roleplaying as Marco from Naruto Forums

Explain joke, please

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'm not sure whether to thank you for showing me what you meant or to vote you for posting that.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

out of the jokevote phase, bk is the only one that pings me at all. he's funny but his posting doesn't feel at all natural.

oh, or maybe lord of hats, both look like forced interaction, he's a little pushy/weird about the naruto thing

man, this is gonna be a good game. i hate mafia, but also i missed it.

Can you elaborate on the bk thing? I'm reading his posts and not really seeing it.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

If you're talking about the post where he wasn't sure about the party, I thought that at first, but I feel like scum would have just said "Lion!"

On the other hand, dongsbot.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Max posted:

Yeah it's possible he didn't read anything because dongsbot even if he was scum, but what do you think?

I think he's mostly posted jokevote nonsense, and I don't see the party thing as an actual scumslip. I don't know dongsbot well enough to comment on any kind of personal meta.

The reflexive vote on pmom is kind of suspicious, but there I have to ask myself "Would scum be that dumb and touchy?" and my answer is... probably no?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

I want that to percolate a bit more before we get into it, there's much better discussion happening now anyway.

you crammed a lot of caveats in here, it seems like you don't want to come out firmly on either side.

I think the dongs votes are good even if dongs himself is good and funny.

Alright, let me put it this way: with the evidence we had at the time, I don't think Dongs is scum.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

To be fair all of the political parties are kind of poo poo in one way or another.

I mean, the gulls are kind of okay once you remember that Arrentia probably would try to invade, but it's not like isolationism really works anyways :shrug:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

How do the Pinks even get elected anyways, there can't be enough wealthy descendants of nobility kicking around to be a viable voting bloc.

Are they just like, bribing people to vote for the Pinks or something.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

what i want to know is what the gently caress happened to arrentia. jocasta rolling in her grave right now.

It's a giant imperialistic empire, so basically exactly what Jocasta would have wanted.

I mean, unless you're talking about why they aren't invading right now, but I think that's a "Why buy the cow when you get the milk for free" situation.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Somber's catch on LOH' padding is the best thing I've seen so far in a relative vacuum, but PMom's flipout in response to the next joke is worse. So glad I have game to study. Thank you everyone for actually playing. :D
##unvote
##vote PinterestMom

I think Somber's vote on Pinterest makes more sense as a calculated scum play than Pinterest's flipout does. If Pinterest disregards it, Somber can play it off as a joke, and doesn't risk anything. If Pinterest reacts, they're the one that looks suspicious for being touchy, and if they do manage to start turning it around on Somber, it can still be played off as a joke.

Pinterest flipping out has basically no upside and brings a shitload of suspicion.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Well yeah, obviously it wasn't a serious vote. But it's also a no-risk way to prod Pinterest into speaking up.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Grandicap posted:

People acting irrationally, well I never!

Pinterest being prickly about a jokevote is irrational.

Pinterest being scum and trying to get Somber lynched over a jokevote is just plain stupid.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I'd be down for TURBO MAFIA. Although tomorrow's Friday, wouldn't that be okay to end on?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Cmon, Pinterest, I've spent more time making your case than you have. Hell, Somberbrero's two votes unvoting you and then saying he felt neutral on you are more of a case in your favor than you've made for yourself.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

:siren: remember this when pmom flips scum :siren:

How would it make any sense for me to blatantly expose myself like that as scum. Like, in what situation do I possibly D1 tie myself to a sinking ship in full view of the thread. If you want to make a case against me go ahead, but this is a tribe argument that relies on me being dumber than a sack of hammers.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

*terrible, not tribe. Phone posting is bad.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

you are though

Okay, I can't actually deny this one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I am not seeing the case on Somber. Somber flipflopped when Pmom stopped making serious effort. It's a little tunneled but it's not in and of itself scummy.

Yeah, I was initially down on Somber because nth dimensional chess, but Pmom's total collapse has really gotten me switched around on the whole thing, and I'm definitely not seeing anyone else I really have a scum read on.

##vote Pinterest Mom

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

i would rather put up with dongs than suffer a scum to live

This.

As much as I hate what dongs is doing right now, lynching him would be a miserable move in terms of getting us any kind of info.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Now this one, this I find compelling.

To divert us from this dead end a bit, do you have any further thoughts on bk, somber, or have we not gotten enough content at this point?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

I was browsing Wikipedia and came across the mathematical concept of 'configurations', which are basically fancy arrangements of lines and points to meet certain criteria but the word choice used to describe them make them sound like some kind of sinister eldritch research and it owns (especially because some of them exist in 4-dimensional space).

"In geometry, the Desargues configuration is a configuration of ten points and ten lines, with three points per line and three lines per point. It is named after Girard Desargues, and closely related to Desargues' theorem, which proves the existence of the configuration."

"The Desargues graph, a 20-vertex bipartite symmetric cubic graph, is so called because it can be interpreted as the Levi graph of the Desargues configuration"

"In geometry, the Klein configuration, studied by Klein (1870), is a geometric configuration related to Kummer surfaces that consists of 60 points and 60 planes, with each point lying on 15 planes and each plane passing through 15 points."

" Resolving the 16 double points of the quotient of a (possibly nonalgebraic) torus by the Kummer involution gives a K3 surface with 16 disjoint rational curves"

This sounds like the kind of stuff that's going to start releasing demons any day now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

##unvote

Pinterest's casing of Kord has me feeling less confident on him as scum--for now, at least. Going to have to look over the Kord and Tremta cases now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

kordansk posted:

This - read my posts about taste.

Your taste posts amount to "Meta votes=bad" and a post in which you mostly quote him making low effort posts on Pinterest (which *is* the case, I won't deny that). Not exactly a strong record to point to there compared to your hedging on Pinterest.

That being said, I'm also not that happy with Taste--even aside from the "Hey guys, check out this chain lynch opportunity--I was being sarcastic (not that sarcastic)" on me, it's content-free anti-Pinterest posts.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

kordansk posted:

So wait, you agree with my assessment, yet would rather push a vote on me. Is this babbys first mafia?

babby's third mafia, thank you very much.

And it's not that your assessment is completely off the mark--Taste does look pretty bad! It's that you've spent more time talking about how vote leader Pinterest is suspicious than you have about Taste, and then you turned around and told everyone to look over your case on Taste as explanation for why you aren't voting Pinterest and there's very little there--if your read really was that much stronger on Taste, you sure didn't give that impression previously, and Pinterest has laid out a pretty good scenario for that being scum behavior.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

pmom, tremta, and kordansk are the three frontrunners for lynch imo

This is pretty accurate. To give a really brief summary:

Pinterest: This started with the reaction to Somberbrero, and followed through with a period where Pinterest was just generally kind of dismissive of accusations and didn't come across well. Was the vote leader for quite a while, all the way up to 6/8. Presently voting Kord.

Taste: Voted Pinterest early as a meta call, then made a bunch of content-less posts calling Pinterest scum. Still voting Pinterest.

Kord: Voted Taste in reaction to Taste's meta call on Pinterest, and has kept the vote there. However, despite voting Taste, he's done a lot of posting about Pinterest being suspicious, which Pinterest is saying is scum building the groundwork to be able to switch the vote later.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

dongsbot 9000 posted:

if tremta doesnt get excuted tonight, im going to flip hoenstly

i dont believe you im pretty sure that 'hoenstly' isnt a role in this game

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

really though why is taste the vote leader?

I think it's that of the triangle of suspicion we've got going right now, he's the only one that hasn't been speaking up. Pinterest got engaged and managed to slough off votes that way, and kord has been similarly active. But because Taste hasn't been around, any votes that wind up on him have stuck on him. He's an easy vote.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Alright, with that in mind, of the two other people with significant vote numbers, I like ##vote Kord more than I like voting Pinterest at this point.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Kashuno posted:

What is UP guys it's your boy Kashuno here comin into the thread asking some hard hitting questions like "who is town?" and "why do you folks need me to lead you to victory?"

The answers are "Most of us, probably" and "Because I am kind of dumb" respectively.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

lord of babies

who is your favourite chapo rawboy?

Excuse me but I am lord of Hats not Babies I am not going to claim another's territory as my own, but I do assume you are addressing me as the actual Lord of Babies is not present.

Being completely unfamiliar with them I am going to say Felix on account of his expression in the Wikipedia picture is interesting.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

:okpos:

If something big comes up I'll potentially switch my vote to Taste, but I have a hard time seeing 'not-Kord' as the lynch here. Also we've got two jerks who aren't voting right now.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Please correct me because if you read my post I don't think Kords is as inevitable as it seems.

Mainly wishful thinking because lynching taste tells us so little for D2. But Pinterest put the logic to my gut feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Bluuuugh Taste feels likes a bad lynch

• Locked thread