Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Are they going to pull the same poo poo they do with the K9 units? If you shoot down a police drone its equal to shooting a human officer?

probably. the bomb disposal robots used in iraq all had pet names and soldiers would cry when they died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Two words: Bad rear end

I can't wait for a drone version of Cops to hit the airwaves.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
I can't wait to kill some fuckin cops. cops' drones

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Who's the real criminal here? Is it the man robbing a gold bullion transport with a crew of highly-trained mercenaries, equipped with the latest in military technology, just to feed his family? Or is it the bloated rentacop, operating a robotic kill-vehicle from fifty miles away, leering at the thermal signatures of human beings as though they were ripe apples in a tree waiting to be picked?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

dads_work_files posted:

Who's the real criminal here? Is it the man robbing a gold bullion transport with a crew of highly-trained mercenaries, equipped with the latest in military technology, just to feed his family? Or is it the bloated rentacop, operating a robotic kill-vehicle from fifty miles away, leering at the thermal signatures of human beings as though they were ripe apples in a tree waiting to be picked?

the white one

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Looks like the Robocop reboot wasn't as prophetic as we thought. The whole plot of the movie was based on how OCP couldn't get their war drones approved for domestic use and needed Robocop as a marketing tool, but it turns out they needn't have bothered. Americans would be tripping over themselves to get drone police.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i hope they use them to kill this bad thread dead

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

i hope they use them to kill this bad thread dead

If they killed bad posts it would be better, I wouldn't have to read you'res!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
:mad: hey wait a minute i think ijust got hte script flipped on me ... poo poo

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Oh neat, now the left gets their own militia retards to cheer on.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

jBrereton posted:

Was it really worse or different than when the police helicopter bombed MOVE?

i wasnt alive yet and i dont really care tbh

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
if you arent breaking the law you got nothing to worry about

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
"North Dakota legalises use of armed drones"

Is really all the headline you needed. Story owns. North Dakota owns. You don't even have to live there to pilot a drone, you know.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

I'm trying to view all horrible news with optimism so give me a second.

Ok.... ok I think I have something that can ease the psychic burden of this story:

At least now maybe less black people will be shot to death by police because the policeman who is piloting the kill-bot will not immediately be fearful of his life (as he is safely sitting in a cushioned la-z-boy with a slice of pizza) and will not immediately escalate a black man sneezing into a summary execution.

Also, typing that gave me a comical image of cops being even fatter and more porcine than they generally are IRL due to the inactivity that piloting kill-mo-drones 24/7 will bring. :unsmith:

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
Just install miniaturized explosives in every citizens head, to be detonated at the governments will.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
Eventually we'll give up the charade entirely and the lawbooks will just read "cops are allowed to kill you" with 0 qualifiers of any kind. At least then the state wont have to waste time and energy "investigating" the "police involved shooting".

Crash_N_Burn
Apr 19, 2014

Enfield posted:

if any bitch rear end drones come after me ill hit them with a tennis racket

Looks like those pigs are gonna get served

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Getting shot by a whirlygig being controlled by a fat man 2 counties away is as close to being struck down by god I'll ever get

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

an afghan posted:

Getting shot by a whirlygig being controlled by an american 2 countries away is as close to being struck down by allah I'll ever get

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Moridin920 posted:

Like what theoretically stops me from paying cash for some shitbox drone and putting some battlebots poo poo on it and taking police drones out of the sky with it? Like with a net gun say?

like theoretically the fact that you are stupid and lazy and poor

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

gently caress YES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Macasaurus posted:

queue flight of the valkeries as several drones, smacking into trees, spraying pepperspray into bystanders faces, and shooting tasers into each others' propellers as they chase a dude that stole a purse down a busy street

hell fucken yesssss the future is bright bitches.

• Locked thread