Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Everyone can have that if we have less people.

:godwin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Actually the liberals fixed the problem of starving, and gasoline, by burning the food in our cars so the cars are damaged. Let me try another example that didnt sound right... remember how the light bulbs, took too much energy? Instead we made some new light bulbs that use less energy, but the parts for them have to be mined by slaves in africa, which is also how to get the parts for the cars that use less of the damaging corn gasoline... I think youll agree things are on the right track now

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
goddamn that's some heavy poo poo to think about. it's times like these i'm glad i'm a high-functioning sociopath.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Moon Atari posted:

What if we take inri's suggestion and we make achieving it the primary goal of society? With an economy that rewards contributions to its achievement above other forms of production, such that the trillions of dollars that would otherwise be put into making next year's new movies and videogames is instead dedicated to fixing poverty. Seems like it would only take a couple of years that way, and would ultimately provide more paying consumers, allowing even higher budget movies and videogames.

That would be good although I think they should take the money from the cigarette and alcohol industries instead of the videogame industry since I like those

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I.N.R.I posted:

That would be good although I think they should take the money from the cigarette and alcohol industries instead of the videogame industry since I like those

Oh! now we got a loving problem!@

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

the problem is most of it goes to waste. Did your mom ever tell you that there were starving people in China.
She didn't mention it, why would she :confused:

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

She didn't mention it, why would she :confused:

i don't have the patience to explain it to you.
I was stupid

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
If I see any got drat immi-grant Chinaman goin through mah garbage I'm'a git mah gun.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
Everything would be great if we lived in rainbow land with unicorns

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Doghouse posted:

Everything would be great if we lived in rainbow land with unicorns
Good news: there are rainbows in this land and unicorns are only one goat and one hacksaw away

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
Would it be better for me or just better in the sense of the greater good?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

The world would be much better if everyone had enough food and money and a warm house and basic healthcare

noted forums poster inri wants to house and feed murderers and pedophiles.

wow.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

hth posted:

wow.

everyone needs food

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
yeah why don't scientists justr invent the replicator? that would solve all our problems

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

I.N.R.I posted:

The world would be much better if everyone had enough food and money and a warm house and basic healthcare

Whoa, edgy. Next you'll tell us the poor also need to be buried instead of left to rot on the streets because of some pussy public health poo poo.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

Powerful image, thankyou, op

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
My life would be better if I had all the money and food.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Friendly Humour posted:

My life would be better if I had all the money and food.

If you had all the food everyone would die. :(

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

If you had all the food everyone would die. :(

Yeah but I wouldn¨'t and that's great for me!

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
:gas:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Bump because I think this an important message to send out

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Moon Atari posted:

What if we take inri's suggestion and we make achieving it the primary goal of society? With an economy that rewards contributions to its achievement above other forms of production, such that the trillions of dollars that would otherwise be put into making next year's new movies and videogames is instead dedicated to fixing poverty. Seems like it would only take a couple of years that way, and would ultimately provide more paying consumers, allowing even higher budget movies and videogames.

listen you can do whatever you want pal but don't gently caress with my vidya

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I agree with you inri I would like it if we could house and feed everyone. Seeing others suffering is sad.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
just buy everyone in the world their own pizza hut personal pan pizza boom problem solved :confused:

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

hth posted:

wow.

If you think pedophiles are dangerous now, imagine how dangerous they are when they're hungry and cold.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
i wish there was a BEEP program for this

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LT56 posted:

i wish there was a BEEP program for this

what is a beep program?

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

what is a beep program?

Birchmount Park Exceptional Athlete Program

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
It's not possible for "everyone to have money" under our system. It's a pyramid, it needs a nice, wide base to support the rest of it, and that base is made out of people in crushing poverty.

I mean I guess we could try to make sure they have food and a nice place to live and a doctor, there have to be poor people but maybe they don't have to be constantly suffering. Can we do that?

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

It's not possible for "everyone to have money" under our system. It's a pyramid, it needs a nice, wide base to support the rest of it, and that base is made out of people in crushing poverty.

I mean I guess we could try to make sure they have food and a nice place to live and a doctor, there have to be poor people but maybe they don't have to be constantly suffering. Can we do that?

Can give you like 69 possible better alternatives to this that will blow youere mind ikf you just CLICK MY ARTICLE

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LT56 posted:

Birchmount Park Exceptional Athlete Program

that acronym makes no sense

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

hahahahahahahaha

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

what if instead of money we just use bliwjobs

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
how much money u have doesn't matter, how much more money u have than everyone else does and that's when life gets fun hth

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

He is a crazy person, I hope it makes sense now.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF5tWPSf434

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

I.N.R.I posted:

Yes

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
funny thing is, op, if everyone had this who is motivated to build the houses

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jackyl posted:

funny thing is, op, if everyone had this who is motivated to build the houses
If my house isn't built by a sick person, I don't want it to be a house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

a hole-y ghost posted:

If my house isn't built by a sick person, I don't want it to be a house.

people are all like oh it's great if everyone has food and house and doesn't work, but if no one works where it all comes from???!

• Locked thread