Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

Has anyone said I would spend my fod money on boze and smookes yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

people are all like oh it's great if everyone has food and house and doesn't work, but if no one works where it all comes from???!

robots?

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

jackyl posted:

funny thing is, op, if everyone had this who is motivated to build the houses

what's more fun than building stuff?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

where the robots come from

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

factories?

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

jackyl posted:

tegan and sara will make the robots

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

where the factories come from

goddamnit

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jackyl posted:

people are all like oh it's great if everyone has food and house and doesn't work, but if no one works where it all comes from???!
I saw a netflix movie once where it was all about where people had enough food and money and they weren't sick, but they put fat people on treadmills I think. Maybe that's what we need to do??

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

jackyl posted:

where the factories come from

goddamnit

other robots?

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

other robots?

ok this makes sense

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue
its pretty cool we just have to build the first robot and the rest takes care of itself

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
I am Cadie it is my singularity hear my ROAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc5GeYxsnYI

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
Dont you understand if we redistributed the wealth people would only wind up with like three grand apiece and then we'd just all starve because three grand buys you absolutely nothing and the economy never changes so the three grand would always just sit around while the crops fail because nobody will spend their three grand

Billions of people would be standing outside empty businesses staring at their three grand while slowly starving to death

the wall street guys would be utterly ruined, they'd all owe each other millions and only have three grand, slowly dying off from eating spoiling unrefrigerated uncooked filet mignon, not returning one anothers phone calls

anarchy i tells ya

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Sep 10, 2016

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dookifex_maximus posted:

Dont you understand if we redistributed the wealth people would only wind up with like three grand apiece and then we'd just all starve because three grand buys you absolutely nothing and the economy never changes so the three grand would always just sit around while the crops fail because nobody will spend their three grand

Billions of people would be standing outside empty businesses staring at their three grand while slowly starving to death

the wall street guys would be utterly ruined, they'd all owe each other millions and only have three grand, slowly dying off from eating spoiling unrefrigerated uncooked filet mignon

anarchy i tells ya

so it would be fallout without the nuclear war

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

jackyl posted:

they're motivated by electroshock devices mounted to their genitals

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

idk fallout 4 involves this weird new system where crops work without money and it seems uncapitalistic, i like the old games where you have to buy food or kill a person who has some, much more accurate to life in tyool 2016

dookifex_maximus fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 10, 2016

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

calling a bit of irradiation fallout is slightly gross to me okay

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dookifex_maximus posted:

idk fallout 4 involves this weird new system where crops work without money and it seems uncapitalistic, i like the old games where you have to buy food or kill a person who has some, much more accurate to life in tyool 2016

I meant when the games happen. Ya know, 200 years in the future

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

dookifex_maximus posted:

the wall street guys would be utterly ruined, they'd all owe each other millions and only have three grand, slowly dying off from eating spoiling unrefrigerated uncooked filet mignon, not returning one anothers phone calls

anarchy i tells ya

no man, wouldn't happen, the chillometer would have gone to max and everyone would be dudes

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

sofokles posted:

no man, wouldn't happen, the chillometer would have gone to max and everyone would be dudes

global chilling

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

MiracleWhale posted:

global chilling

lol

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

at this rate we're on track for two degrees of chill by 2050

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

MiracleWhale posted:

global chilling

why you need a warm house

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

sofokles posted:

I say dear boy, you can't buy anything with chill :wotwot:

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

dookifex_maximus posted:

I say dear boy, you can't buy anything with chill :wotwot:

:prawns:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

dookifex_maximus posted:

Dont you understand if we redistributed the wealth people would only wind up with like three grand apiece

I FEEL like this doesn't check out.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Actually, the world would be better if only the people who deserved it had food, money and basic healthcare and those things were distributed justly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I FEEL like this doesn't check out.

According to the geniuses at Quora, it would be $7500, of which $1000 would be cash. https://www.quora.com/Wealth-Redist...d-everyone-have

• Locked thread