Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Anthrovore posted:

whats the name of that vampire clan that sucks the poo poo out of people's assholes while they sleep

FYADeratu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

Bertram Tung was a cooler nosferatu imo and also WRONG DUMB IDIOT the best character is fat larry

eat poo poo toreador scum, Gary is smarmy and cool and gave me a house in the sewers and just a really good bossferatu

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

eat poo poo toreador scum, Gary is smarmy and cool and gave me a house in the sewers and just a really good bossferatu

toreador? you have made a strong posting enemy this day. you will regret this.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Bertram Tung was a cooler nosferatu imo and also WRONG DUMB IDIOT the best character is fat larry

All the vendors pretty much owned in that game

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Facebook Aunt posted:

They changed the Appearance=0 flaw? Lame.

Kinda. It doesn't have to be some freakish mutation, it can be a feeling of dread or nausea but the effect should be the same; revulsion.

The less overt ones make playing one more palatable for newer players while not dramatically changing their functionality. One character looked like an average Joe but always wore oversized gloves to hide his hands because each finger had about a dozen segments and ended in claws.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
There was a questionnaire at the beginning of the game if you didn't know what kind of clan to choose in Bloodlines. I was given Malkavian, and that was the right choice in my one-and-only play-through. Other clans would probably suck in comparison. I never got past the Sheriff to kill the Prince, though, and I felt really dumb that I didn't get the "Daughters of Janus" clue I was being hit over the head with.

Wizchine fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 10, 2016

Vylan Antagonist
Jun 5, 2005

Much less clever than he looks
Tortured By Flan
Lasombra by a landslide. Oh, my clan disadvantage is that I don't show up on security cameras? And in return for this crippling flaw, I can make shadow tentacles go all Legend of the Overfiend on chumps all night? Tough choice, but I'll take it.

Also, would make doing lines on mirrors look really bizarre.

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
The one which had the 3 normal humoring their dorky friend for 30 minutes before deciding "This is fucken dumb" and doing something else.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Malkavian is best for second playthrough, not first

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
Right, but since I only played once, it was the best of an imperfect choice.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
ya that was always rule numero uno even though it was always soo tempting since i rarely if ever get around to replaying games more than once

also it was bloodlines that was the game with the mansion in it, right? that was some good poo poo even though it was about as far as i ever got before putting it down like every other game ive played outside puberty

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 10, 2016

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT

Mariana Horchata posted:

ya that was always rule numero uno even though it was always soo tempting since i rarely if ever get around to replaying games more than once

also it was bloodlines that was the game with the mansion in it, right? that was some good poo poo even though it was about as far as i ever got before putting it down like every other game ive played outside puberty

the ocean hotel, a good level full of spooks

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I'm was kinda bummed that my favorite splat (mages) weren't in the game but I can understand why. Being a mage in WOD is basically an "I win" button in terms of raw power.

Fuckers can turn you into a mattress and you can't do poo poo about it!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dreddout posted:

I'm was kinda bummed that my favorite splat (mages) weren't in the game but I can understand why. Being a mage in WOD is basically an "I win" button in terms of raw power.

Fuckers can turn you into a mattress and you can't do poo poo about it!

If they have the time.

I also enjoyed Mage.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Tzimisce own. They were some of White Wolf's best antagonists.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

VendaGoat posted:

If they have the time.

I also enjoyed Mage.

I've been running a Mage game for years now and yeah it owns.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

The Nosferatu guys Nosferatti or whatever the gently caress cause they had the decency to stay away from civilized society like goons should

Wisdom.

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I'm a sex vampire from clan otter irl, it's like being a normal vampire in that I'm pale nerd and hate natural sunlight but instead of sucking blood from veins I suck cum from cocks. Ama

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich

Seizure Robot posted:

I'm a sex vampire from clan otter irl, it's like being a normal vampire in that I'm pale nerd and hate natural sunlight but instead of sucking blood from veins I suck cum from cocks. Ama

What are you doing on Friday?

DustyNuts
Jun 1, 2000

Have you seen me?

Followers of Set.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Are there any Vampire Klan members who are just really all about good Southern values?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

I always had a giggle at all the really special snowflake clans. Like the true brujah who are basically super stoic Dios. Or those tzimisce who loving hate all the cool parts about their clan, and won't do fleshwarping. Hell, they even had a clan of vampires who had 3 eyes and were pacifist healers. Only 7 of them were left on the planet after getting ganked by the tremere.

I mean, you want to play a non-standard character, cool. Pick a Giovanni or something, why the gently caress do you need to be a super secret clan of vampire unicorns?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i never did beat bloodlines

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dreddout posted:

I always had a giggle at all the really special snowflake clans. Like the true brujah who are basically super stoic Dios. Or those tzimisce who loving hate all the cool parts about their clan, and won't do fleshwarping. Hell, they even had a clan of vampires who had 3 eyes and were pacifist healers. Only 7 of them were left on the planet after getting ganked by the tremere.

I mean, you want to play a non-standard character, cool. Pick a Giovanni or something, why the gently caress do you need to be a super secret clan of vampire unicorns?

I want to roleplay an average vampire who goes to his 9-5 job and complains about work a lot.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Bert Roberge posted:

Are there any Vampire Klan members who are just really all about good Southern values?

you're drat right vampires were in the kkk and helped run the indianapolis kkk, refusing to turn anyone of color. also

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Bert Roberge posted:

I want to roleplay an average vampire who goes to his 9-5 job and complains about work a lot.

This is basically what a tremere is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydRhwnwk-s

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Dreddout posted:

This is basically what a tremere is.

Those guys sound like badasses.

you're drat right vampires were in the kkk and helped run the indianapolis kkk, refusing to turn anyone of color. also

Hot drat I think the only person who can stop these guys is zombie general Sherman.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Oh and.

Beats the gently caress out of Vampire, every time.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

There are all kinds of problems with this song starting off with the fact that Vampires are obviously undead and NOT alive.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
black spiral dancers is the best clan name in wod

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

the ocean hotel, a good level full of spooks

ah yes thats it, ty kween kockus

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

The ones that had matrix time slowdown powers. Also reminder that before Troika Games imploded they were the front runners to make the next Fallout. :smith:

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

In Vampire Slayers, the Half Life 1 mod, the best vampire clan was XxX-=[BlOoD_DrInKaZ]=-XxX.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

TOM HANKS posted:

The ones that had matrix time slowdown powers. Also reminder that before Troika Games imploded they were the front runners to make the next Fallout. :smith:

I think they called that skill "Celerity" which was a p cool name but i think most of the skill names in the game were p great

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
It's clearly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1G-9WUgptY

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ramc posted:

Tzimisce own. They were some of White Wolf's best antagonists.

I was going to play a turncoat Tzimisce plastic surgeon to the stars, but alas the campaign never got off the ground

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

http://debofnight.andcuriouser.com/

There you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Tzimisce were really creepy and cool but the one you meet in Bloodlines was kinda a chump

Although he does call the nighttime radio show girl if you listen to the radio enough and he's ranting about the end of days and Deb of Night is just like 'Haha okay whatever'.

• Locked thread