Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
The Caitians were a warp-capable species.

The feline appearance of Caitians included long manes and a tail. While the skin of some Caitians was covered with fur that varied in color from orange to black, other Caitians were without fur or trimed down completely. Female Caitians grew long human-like hair on their heads. The voices females speak with have a soft, cat-like purring quality. Some Caitians did not find it necessary to use footwear.

As the Caitian homeworld was a Federation member, Caitians are known to serve in Starfleet and on the Federation Council, and were present as members in 2286.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Applewhite posted:

Every time you see the characters on the Star Trek get energized, you're actually watching them die. Later, molecular duplicates are created at the destination to complete the mission.

I think conspiracy theories would've been obsolete in the 24th century, but I like this one.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

King Possum III posted:

I think conspiracy theories would've been obsolete in the 24th century, but I like this one.

it's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact. kinda like eisenhower's terrible bargain with the greys

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Just a thought but maybe the Federation and the Romulans wouldn't have clashed so much if they'd made the neutral zone more than a few kilometers wide.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Fact:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
I didn't like Ensign Ro.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
i like the star trek where i am the main and most important star trek, and all the other stark treks love me and obey me and i also get to have sex with the girl star treks, all of them except the gross old wrinkly ones (but they still want to have sex with me)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

I don't like how humans are always beating up Klingons in TNG. Klingons are supposed to be ultimate fighters.

It's weird, any time they use that setup it's basically to show how badass the characters are IF THEY CAN DO THAT TO KLINGONS!

There's a shameful lack of actual scenes showing Klingons loving bitches up imo.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's weird, any time they use that setup it's basically to show how badass the characters are IF THEY CAN DO THAT TO KLINGONS!

There's a shameful lack of actual scenes showing Klingons loving bitches up imo.

you understand that klingons were standins for blacks so if you showed a klingon owning little piddling riker or picard then you'd lose the entire trekkie audience

this is why worf is shown as completely subservient to his white masters, while other actual human blacks in the trek universe are "the good ones" who do what they're told and follow orders etc etc etc

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
William Frakes (Commander Riker) got the idea to grow a beard after he saw Denise Crosby (Tasha Yar) return to the set with a full, luxuriant, black beard, and noticed the automatic respect it brought her.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

most people don't know that the enterprise ships have to be replaced every few years because the oxygen in the air is gradually replaced by farts

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

MiracleWhale posted:

most people don't know that the enterprise ships have to be replaced every few years because the oxygen in the air is gradually replaced by farts

Is that cannon?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
If I served on the Enterprise they'd have to replace the air filters every week because of my farts.

Verily I Shat
May 24, 2015

by Smythe
these space negros are getting out of hand

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Poop is recycled into the replicator system. There is your chocolate ice cream Miss Troy.

Ivan Shitskin
Nov 29, 2002

I want to be a changeling so I can morph into my fursona

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

:cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Lord
Jun 8, 2003
ex nihil, ex omni, ad infinitum
If you remove all the consonants from Star Trek, you get the initials of Albert Einstein. Makes you think...

• Locked thread