Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
people now buy $400 coolers because they're obsessed with "quality" items. I blame Filson bags for this trend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i do too but i blame them for most things

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

beep beep my markov-bot detector is giong off (its my pp)

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

a cooler should not be hot what the gently caress kind of scam is this?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you gotta get a rack on your redneck totem to show off your redneck totem

jeff smisek
May 18, 2009

Im going to buy a yeti and take a huge poo poo in it and then return it then go to walmart and buy a dece cooler for 1/8th price

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bert Roberge posted:

a cooler should not be hot what the gently caress kind of scam is this?

what if ur trying to freeze ghost peppers

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suckle upon mine freaking balls

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My buddy has one of these and he's like, "Dude, it keeps everything... so cold." and I was like bullshit show me the data u bitch.

He didn't even have any data to back up his statement. What a oval office.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Orkin Mang posted:

what if ur trying to freeze ghost peppers

gently caress you'd probably break space-time with poo poo like that

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

it doesn't even cool things, it just keeps them cold. they should call it the "it isn't warm yeti"

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

FuhrerHat posted:

beep beep my markov-bot detector is giong off (its my pp)

logrolled

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
my job gave out yeti cups as christmas gifts last year. The things are pretty nifty.

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

suckle upon mine freaking balls

Present those nard nuggets u bitch.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
when it takes u an hour to get to th good dive sites having cold drinks is nice but we have some generic poo poo that we use instead now and are entirely uncertain whether yeti is better

however I will say that Costa del mar sunglasses are totally worth it for the water and also for golf, they kick the poo poo out of oakleys, maybe yeti stuff is like that?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

jeff smisek posted:

Im going to buy a yeti and take a huge poo poo in it and then return it then go to walmart and buy a dece cooler for 1/8th price

Let me smell it first. :q:

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

:rolleyes:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i blame you for your trend of bad threads, op

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
i just use a big gulp cup i shoplifted from 7/11 a couple of years ago why would i need something that costs 1,000x as much

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My brother in law has the Yeti 30oz thing while I have the Walmart $10 equivalent. Both our cups do the exact same thing, except he has the knowledge that his parents are millionaires. So I guess the Yeti is better.

naem
May 29, 2011

canpakes posted:

people now buy $400 coolers because they're obsessed with "quality" items. I blame Filson bags for this trend.

Here is the $130,000 hundred thousand dollar filson©®™®© jeep

https://www.filson.com/aev-brute

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Opened the thread expecting something about overpriced aftermarket CPU coolers. Voting 3 because I just don't really care that much.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

white people smh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
theres a costco clone or smth thats like 139 and just fine

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

got my brand name cooler gonna go have some fun with some brand name beerz with my brand name poo poo eating pissbitch friends poz my neg hole

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
what I was wondering last weekend on a keys trip was why peltier chip cups aren't a thing. We filled up coolers and bought drinks and all that but one day my wife got a nice frozen drink and said it got worse as it melted

So, why isn't there the equivalent of a tervis or yeti that has solar panels all over and also uses a peltier to keep it cold, I know the peltier efficiency problem but I bet it's better than reloading a cooler with ice

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
a buddy of mine bought one of the top of the line models of yetis off of some redneck dude who's going through a divorce for $30. $30 seems like a reasonable price for a large and well insulated cooler, imo, so im not sure what this thread is about

PallasAthene
Dec 6, 2010

Why, vixen, have you again set the gods by the ears in the pride and haughtiness of your heart?

Iron Prince posted:

a buddy of mine bought one of the top of the line models of yetis off of some redneck dude who's going through a divorce stole it from a neighbor for $30. $30 seems like a reasonable price for a large and well insulated cooler, imo, so im not sure what this thread is about

MettleRamiel
Jun 29, 2005
This cooler costs 400 dollars dollar?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
protip don't go into the loving desert in the first place retards

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

im sorry

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

stealing a yeti is pro tier good with life and money

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's like, for storing your hunting meat and stuff. To make sure it doesn't rot. They'll promise you real good your meat wont rot, if you pay a PS4's ransom price for this cooler.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

notZaar posted:

It's like, for storing your hunting meat and stuff. To make sure it doesn't rot. They'll promise you real good your meat wont rot, if you pay a PS4's ransom price for this cooler.

yah but they also keep your sixer of coors real cold down at the fishin hole

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!
If you buy the small one with the metal handle, it's only as good as the ten dollar Coleman equivalent. Only holds ice for maybe a day, and is ludicrously heavy to boot. The other hundred and forty or so dollars value is derived from its image and representation in bro country songs

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think it's an improvement from the breakable mason jars with straw lids idiots have been carrying around everywhere for the last few years.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Casimir Radon posted:

I think it's an improvement from the breakable mason jars with straw lids idiots have been carrying around everywhere for the last few years.

Is that a country music listener thing? I've seen those in stores for a couple years now and at first I thought it was just a silly fad, but as they have lingered I figured there must be an actual market for them somewhere. I've never seen them out in the wild, but I also never spend any time with people who willingly listen to country music.

Stalizard
Aug 11, 2006

Have I got a headache!

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Is that a country music listener thing? I've seen those in stores for a couple years now and at first I thought it was just a silly fad, but as they have lingered I figured there must be an actual market for them somewhere. I've never seen them out in the wild, but I also never spend any time with people who willingly listen to country music.

It's still a thing with people who willingly purchase Paula Deen merchandise, yes

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

yetis are very furry to keep themselves warm, i think these guys need to go back to the dnd monster manual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Vargs posted:

yetis are very furry to keep themselves warm, i think these guys need to go back to the dnd monster manual

this is quite insensitive to Yetis born with Alopecia

• Locked thread