Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I don't know if budget can be blamed so much as bad design. The story gathers all this momentum and then you hit this glowing light unlocking puzzle and you're like ughhhhhhh...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It also kinda feels like this would've worked better if Rion was getting more powerful in ways other than just 'Got D-Felon'. If he'd really clearly escalated to the point they want him to with the cutscene of him just blowing apart the riot guards at the start.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Night10194 posted:

It also kinda feels like this would've worked better if Rion was getting more powerful in ways other than just 'Got D-Felon'. If he'd really clearly escalated to the point they want him to with the cutscene of him just blowing apart the riot guards at the start.

I think they might have wanted another power, but they just ran out of ideas.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SSNeoman posted:

I think they might have wanted another power, but they just ran out of ideas.

Exploding people with your brain would've been nice.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Night10194 posted:

Exploding people with your brain would've been nice.

isn't that pretty much what shorting is?

But yeah that pace-killing puzzle screams "Oh crap, we can't make the deadline, what do we do?"

Also I'd like to know how a NG+ in such a short and linear game would even work.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Robindaybird posted:

Also I'd like to know how a NG+ in such a short and linear game would even work.

Like the final stage it's clearly something the developers threw together at the last moment. It's pretty much the only way the marketers could possibly justify claiming the game has 40 hours of content.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Update 17: Deicide

Welcome back. Last time we ascended the Mushroom Tower, fighting off enemies and psychic projections until we reached the very top.

The top of the tower has a bizarre biomechanical tone. The walls look like they’re made of meat, and grotesque feminine constructs protrude from them. The creepiness is enhanced by the absolute lack of music or any other ambient sounds.

The door near the teleporter leads to a save point. I cannot stress how important it is to use this.

The area is also lined with dispensers, including one that gives out the Delmetor we so desperately needed.

We can also examine and perform psychometric readings on the glowing capsules embedded into the constructs, revealing them to be the biomechanical wombs responsible for birthing the Galerians we fought throughout the game.

Rita wasn’t being metaphorical when she said Rainheart was her brother - they both come from the same experimental line.

Rainheart, Rita and Birdman were all born here in the Mushroom Tower. But there are five capsules. Who could the other two belong to?

Well, this is certainly troubling. There’s a Galerian named Cain, who is a dead ringer for our protagonist, who we have yet to truly encounter beyond a brief glimpse last update. He’s also from a completely different experimental family than the other Galerians.

The last capsule…doesn’t have a name. I suppose the only way to get a good look at its former occupant is to do a reading.

: This is the only one without a name…

: That’s you, Rion.

: Who’re you?!

: I’m Cain. Quite a resemblance, don’t you think? I mean…we’re brothers, after all. So it should be no surprise to you that we look exactly like each other.

: What the hell is going on?!

: Heh. You’re not as bright as I thought you were. You’re my kid brother! You’re not the real Rion. The real Rion died at Michelangelo Hospital a long time ago.

: How’s your memory now? Is it still holding up for you? Or are you about to start Shorting out?

: You…you lie!

: You and I were born here together. Heh. Isn’t that sweet? Mother created us. Rion’s memory, including the virus activation program, were implanted in your mind - and your appearance was altered to look just like him. Then you were sent out to find Lilia.

: Ha ha ha! Did you really think you escaped from the hospital’s isolation ward all by yourself?

: No! It can’t be! I know, without a doubt, that I am Rion!!

: Ha ha ha! If so, then why do you have the same powers as us? Never thought about that, did you? Who are your real mother and father? I suppose you’ll say that you had lots of childhood memories, but do you really think they’re real? Fact is, you’re a Galerian, just like the rest of us. Rita, Rainheart, Birdman…and you’ll suffer the same fate. You’re one of Dorothy’s children.

: He’s lying, Rion! They’re just trying to trick you all over again!

: The truth of the matter is, I really wanted to go get Lilia…

:…but Mother chose you instead. That really hurt. Still, Mother always has her reasons.

: You were born to find Lilia…and I was born to kill you. We live only to serve Mother. We must obey Mother’s Family Program. Now it’s your turn to die…

…So. That was a pretty big reveal. The original Rion, the one we saw in the visions at the Steiner manor, is dead, and the Rion we’ve been playing as has been a clone of him all along.

You’d probably expect me to criticise this twist. It seems to come out of nowhere and not really make a whole lot of sense. But the surprising truth is that this reveal has been foreshadowed throughout the game.

Rion’s name is explicitly linked to the Family Program by the hospital computer system right before the boss fight with Lem, and in the final cutscene of the stage he quips that his parents’ faces slipped away, ‘as if I had never known them’. The Galerians all talking about how Rion must ‘obey Mother’s will’ is another indicator, as are Rita’s dying words. Then there’s the simple fact that the only beings shown to have powerful psychic abilities are Galerians or otherwise artificially created creatures like the Rabbits. Lilia is a partial exception, but the only powers she is shown to have are a low-level telepathic link with Rion and the nebulously defined power to suppress a Galerian’s psychic abilities.

Despite my criticisms of the game, I have to say I love this twist. It’s an interesting play on the classic amnesiac hero cliché, where instead of gradually recovering his memories as time passes Rion is a literal blank slate whose mind and psyche are shaped to resemble the real Rion as he proceeds through the game. I have more to say about this and the rest of the game’s plot, but I’ll save it until after the end. Discussing it here would just break the flow.

: You killed Dr. Lem. You killed Birdman. You killed Rainheart. You killed Rita.

: You? Me?

The tower begins to shake.

: The same face? The same voice? The same body?

The screen darkens until only Cain and Rion are visible.

Shooting stars begin hurtling all over the place, and suddenly it’s time to fight Cain!

Music: Galerians - Cain

Cain is a challenging boss when you first fight him. He moves quickly, teleports a lot and has a number of dangerous attacks he likes to spam. The boss arena is also a pain - it’s a large square, but the darkness and gridline floor make it hard to tell whether you’re running into the edge or not.

Cain’s basic attack is to shoot three blue fireballs at you in quick succession. The fireballs don’t track you but Cain himself is always turning to face you, so you’ll get hit if you don’t keep moving.

The individual fireballs aren’t too damaging, but they come out so quickly that if you get hit by the first one you won’t have enough time to recover in order to evade the second and third.

If you’re very quick you can hit Cain right before he attacks, but even then he’ll still get off at least one fireball. The only other opening is right after the last fireball, but you’ve got to be quick there too since he’ll teleport away after a second or two.

After he takes a few hits Cain will stop messing around and break out his most powerful move. The music cuts out, and after a second and a half he’ll summon lightning to hit the floor where Rion is standing. If you get hit by this you’ll be stunned, leaving you open for the triple spread fireballs he throws out a split second later.

The kicker? Like his normal attack, he does this three times in a row. And yes, if you get hit once at any point in the sequence you’re getting hit by everything else from that point on.

Thankfully there are a few tells for this aside from the music cutting out. The places where the lightning is about to fall are clearly lit, and Cain will always say, “It’s over!” right before it hits so you know when to start running.

At low health Cain will start using his third attack, rapidly orbiting Rion and leaving pillars of fire in his wake. This is a pretty damaging attack, and the temptation is to keep running to avoid it as you would with Cain’s other attacks, but the solution is actually the opposite. Since no part of this attack directly targets Rion the best way to evade it is to just stay still.

One final thing to note about this battle is that Nalcon is your best option for attack. Red takes too long to charge and D-Felon is ineffective. Unless you’ve managed to save some Skip from the previous level it should be Nalcon all the way.

Keep at it for long enough and Cain will fall.

: Urgh…I just can’t beat you…

: Cain…

: So…what’ll you do now…? *Cough* Kill Mother…?

: Heh…That’s not something I could even consider doing…

: Mother has always scolded me…saying that children must not think for themselves…

: Goodbye…Rion…

Cain keels over dead.

: Rion…

:…The real Rion is dead, isn’t he? So who am I?

: I don’t believe it! You are Rion! Remember how we used to play together?

: I don’t even know if those memories are real! What if I am a Galerian?

:…Let’s go, Lilia. Let’s go and see Dorothy. I know what to do now. I want to see mother.

With Cain dead, Dorothy’s last line of defence has crumbled. But where is she? We’ve already explored the entire upper floor.

The correct answer is through here. It used to be the save room, but now it plays host to something far more sinister

: INTRUDER ALERT! INTRUDER ALERT!

: Silence!

: Welcome home, Rion…

: I see that you have found Pascalle’s daughter. Good work. The virus program hidden in her mind was the only thing that ever threatened me. But now that we have her…nothing can stop me…

: I command you to kill her. Now.

:…

: Why do you hesitate? Kill her!

: Do you really think your power is so great that you can make me kill Lilia?

:What’s this? How dare you defy me!

: It’s not defiance, just the truth. I can’t!

: Rion, you must not be deceived by your memory.

: It. Is. Not. Your. Own.

: I loaded it into your brain from the real Rion! You are a Galerian!

: I made you! I am your God and creator!

: I…don’t know what to believe…

: Now, be a good boy and listen to your mother!

Rion hesitates. For several long moments he doesn’t say or do anything.

Eventually Dorothy grows impatient and zaps him.

: Argh!

: Even if I’m not the real Rion…even if you did give birth to me…even if you did create me…

: I’m…I’m not your slave! Let’s get this over with!

: What are you going to do?

: Lilia. Ready?

: There’s no need to do this! Stop!

: Ready!

: You are my greatest failure! I never should have created you! I never should have raised you!

: I COMMAND YOU TO DIE!!!

Squirming mechanical tendrils erupt from Dorothy’s head and fly towards Rion and Lilia.

: DEATH SHALL BE YOUR ONLY SALVATION!!!

: Rrrraarrgh!!

Rion overpowers the tendrils and forces Dorothy to back off. Unfortunately it’s not enough and we’re still going to have to fight her in-game.

Music: Galerians - Dorothy

The battlefield is pretty ominous. The room is pitch black 99% of the time, reducing Dorothy herself to a sinister silhouette.

Every now and then there’s a spark and the screen lights up for a few frames, revealing mother dearest in all her grisly glory. Her hair tendrils are also animated, and occasionally thrash around in the background.

Unfortunately that’s about as impressive as things get. As final bosses go Dorothy is pathetic. She’s an immobile piece of scenery whose only purpose is to look scary.

The real enemies here are the three weird eyeball things revolving around her. They are the things you have to kill in order to beat the game.

They aren’t too tough to hit, despite constantly moving. Red is the best power to use here since Dorothy rarely attacks and you have plenty of time to charge it up.

Every time an eyeball is hit it immediately turns and tries to ram you. This can be hard to avoid at first since the fight itself suffers from some fairly noticeable slowdown, but once you learn to compensate it becomes much easier to get out of the way. The above .gif also captured one of Dorothy’s other attacks, a shockwave that does no damage but briefly stuns Rion. This attack is random and also pretty ineffective since you recover so quickly.

Occasionally Dorothy will try to zap Rion with lightning. This is preceded by a huge glowing circle that tells you exactly where the bolt will land, making it very easy to dodge despite how little room Rion has to manoeuvre.

Each eyeball takes four hits to kill. They don’t even have an interesting death animation, they just fall down and disappear.

After you kill the first eyeball Dorothy gains a new attack, a sweeping red laser beam. This attack is very damaging, but easy to avoid since it only targets the very bottom of the screen.

So yeah, that’s Dorothy. Cool design, great looking, but utterly underwhelming for something hyped up as the biggest threat to humanity. All her attacks are easy to avoid so long as you stay in the upper left or right hand corners of the platform.

After killing the last eyeball the screen blacks out and we are thrust right into the ending cutscene. Enjoy.

: RiiiIIiiooOOnNN!! NOOooOO!!

: Lilia! Send me the virus!

: StToOPP!! RiiIioONN!!

: PLEeeEAAaASsEE DOoOONnn’TTt!!

: I WAS WRooOOONnNnGggG!!

: I WilL…I wILL tReAt YOu BETtErR…!

Rion uploads the virus, pushing himself so hard he begins to Short.

Lightning flashes and Dorothy spasms violently as the virus program does its work.

: Goodbye, ‘mother’!!

: IIII PRrrOOoMmMIIIISSsSEeeEE!!!

: RRRRAAARRGGHHH!!!

Dorothy’s face splits open as she finally dies.

A huge explosion rocks the Mushroom Tower as Dorothy’s systems overload, blowing a massive hole in the top.

Unfortunately, the strain of uploading the virus took a terrible toll on Rion’s already overworked brain.

: Rion! We’ve got to get out of here or we’ll die too!

: No…Lilia…you go…

: No!

: Just let me die here…

: Don’t say that!

: Lilia…

: I am the real Rion…aren’t I…?

: Yes! You are the real Rion! There can only be one of you! Please, try to understand this!

: Thank you, Lilia…

: You are Rion! So you must come with me! Rion? Rion!

: I’m…so glad…we met…

: Rion!!!

Despite Lilia’s pleading, Rion’s life slips away and he dies in her arms.

The scenery fades back in, and we see Lilia sitting in the ruins of Dorothy’s chamber.

The camera pulls back, showing that Dorothy is utterly destroyed.

Dorothy’s death has consequences, however. As Mother Computer she was hardwired into the entire city. As the camera pans back we see all the lights in the city slowly go out.

And on that melancholy note, we’re done. The credits roll after the scene ends, so click here if you’re interested in seeing who came up with this flawed yet very interesting game.

What else is there to say? Despite its problems I still like Galerians. The people who made it clearly had plans that were much bigger than both their budget and programming abilities. If they had cleaned up the hotel stage a little and reworked the final level to make it not a boring slog I think it could have been a big hit instead of the obscure cult classic it actually became.

There are a couple other things we need to take a look at before we’re completely finished here, and I’ll outline those below.

Opening Video

I didn’t post the scene that plays before the main menu because it spoils a few details. It’s nothing major - mostly just the Galerians we encounter - but I felt I should hold it back just in case. You can watch it here.

Galerians Plot: Cliff Notes, or How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love Sperging About Dumb Video Game Twists

With the stunning twist that Rion was a Galerian all along I’m sure some viewers are wondering just how this fits in with the overall plot of the game. This is my take on it:

The events of the game are set in motion when Dorothy finds out about Dr. Steiner and Pascalle’s virus program. She doesn’t uncover all the details, but she figures out that both Rion and Lilia are a threat to her. She decides to strike first, attacking the Steiner manor and capturing the original Rion after killing everyone else.

The original Rion is brought to Michelangelo Hospital, where Lem experiments on him to try and figure out how the virus program works. The brutal procedures are too much and Rion dies on the operating table, but not before Lem figures out that the programs have created a psychic link between Rion and Lilia.

Being the paranoid delusional psycho AI that she is, Dorothy decides to leave nothing to chance. She tries to create a Galerian who looks identical to Rion, with her first attempt being Cain. However, Cain is flawed - if you look closely you’ll see that his eyes are green while the original Rion’s were blue, meaning he couldn’t impersonate him perfectly. This is why Dorothy refused to let him go after Lilia and instead created a second clone who was a perfect copy. This clone is shipped to Michelangelo hospital, and this is the point where the game actually begins.

It’s not clear how clued in Lem was to Dorothy’s plans for the Rion clone, but the conversation with Cain implies that Lem was set up to die. Either way, Rion escapes the hospital and sets off on his quest to find Lilia, guided by the copy of the activation program. Dorothy mobilises her Galerians, ordering Birdman to keep tabs on Rion while Rainheart and Rita go off to investigate likely hiding spots. Cain is kept behind as a failsafe and final line of defence in case something goes wrong.

The rest of the plot is fairly straightforward. Clone Rion goes home and begins hoovering up the original Rion’s memories, giving him more of a reason to push on and find Lilia. Birdman gets an itchy trigger finger and springs the trap before Rion figures out how to contact Lilia, getting himself killed in the process. Rion contacts Lilia, who tells him to come to the Babylon Hotel. He goes there and winds up fighting Rainheart and Rita, both of whom seem to know that he is a Galerian. The next level is the Mushroom Tower where everything finally comes out.

New Game Plus

Amazingly, Galerians has a New Game Plus mode.

After the credits roll the game asks you to save. Doing so nets you a special clear file with a pill icon on it.

Loading this file starts us back at the beginning of the game, but…wait, are we Shorting right off the bat?

Welcome to New Game Plus’s gimmick - the Super Short. In a normal playthrough Shorting slows your movement to a crawl and prevents you from interacting with objects. In New Game Plus these restrictions are lifted, and the HP loss is significantly reduced.

As such you can basically run through every level in the game laughing hysterically as heads burst all around you. The only times you’ll need to slow down and pop some Delmetor is when you fight a Galerian. Overall it’s pretty low effort for a New Game Plus mode, but fun in its own way.

The Sequel

This game has a sequel, Galerians: Ash. I haven’t played it yet. Maybe I will at some point. If it’s interesting and/or utterly crazy I might LP it at some point. Yeah, I don’t have much to say about it other than that.

--

And now we really are done. I hope you guys enjoyed this LP of a weird obscure Resident Evil clone with psychic powers. My next LP will definitely be Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter. I just need to work up a sizeable buffer before I begin. Until then, adios.

Scintilla fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 12, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Man, that game had so much potential and a ton of obvious creativity behind it. Dorothy's appearance is loving nightmarish, too.

For all its flaws, it's really memorable. The reason for this is because for all the ridiculousness of psychic children and crazy AIs, it sticks to a simple but resonant idea at the core: No-one ever actually asks Rion what he wants in life. No-one he meets except Lillia ever cares about him in the slightest. Even his own parents used him as a tool, a way to hide a weapon from an enemy, and it killed the original. He finally gets a choice in the matter right at the end, and even though it kills him, he chooses to do something that will keep her alive, at least. It's a story about a confused kid with abilities he doesn't understand, in a city full of sad people who don't care about anything beyond their own miserable situations (if the hotel had been done cleaner and better, it could've driven this home really well) forced to do stuff a kid should never have to consider and eventually asked to sacrifice himself by dead parents who had no right to demand that of him. Hard to call that anything but horror.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I actually leaned back in revulsion at Dorothy's reveal - that's an amazing design, it's clear they took some cues from SHODAN and added their own biomechanical twist, which fits given her choice of weapons.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Yeah, the biomech design is really cool. Did not expect so many robotits in this little PS1 game though.

Definitely a lot of missed potential (Cain really comes out of nowhere, and Dorothy deserved a lot more foreshadowing) but there are plenty of good ideas and interesting visuals in there. As for the twist, I'm a bit conflicted. It recolours the reactions of Rainheart and Rita and their weird affinity for Rion...But...I'm not entirely clear why any of the other Galerians fought Rion at all?

Anyway, thanks for a really good LP, Scintilla! I'm glad I finally got to see what this game was all about. And I'd be interested to see if anyone picks up from here with an LP of the sequel...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They fought him because his job was to bring Lillia to mother. He had to think he was Rion to do that. Remember Dorothy is insane, and she is insane in a very specific way: She totally bought the whole spiel about God. Thus, she can't conceive of one of her creations being able to disobey her, so she figures as long as Rion brings her Lillia it's in the bag no matter how much of the family he pastes. Plus, say Rita had killed Rion and Lillia; Dorothy still wins. And by the time Birdman came after him, they already kinda had a lock on Lillia from the telepathic signals, just not a direct one.

It makes sense if you remember Dorothy is insane, and insane in a surprisingly consistent manner.

FH_Meta
Feb 20, 2011
Oh, hey, Dragon Quarter and the possibility of Ash afterwards? I know what I'm going to be looking out for. And way back when I played this, I don't think I managed to ride it out to the end, but I know I got to Cain at least, and saw Dorothy. Don't think I beat her, probably because of the lack of save point and needing something like sleep.

Or possibly because of the eye-mouth stuff and how Dorothy looked rather disgusting.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Robindaybird posted:

I actually leaned back in revulsion at Dorothy's reveal - that's an amazing design, it's clear they took some cues from SHODAN and added their own biomechanical twist, which fits given her choice of weapons.

Dorothy's reveal is legitimately great, especially if you watch the cutscene. Her voice actress did a fantastic job too. It's such a shame her boss fight was so disappointing.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Hey, I'm glad they made that final fight easy after that bullshit invisible wall spaceroom you fight Cain in.

Night10194 posted:

They fought him because his job was to bring Lillia to mother. He had to think he was Rion to do that. Remember Dorothy is insane, and she is insane in a very specific way: She totally bought the whole spiel about God. Thus, she can't conceive of one of her creations being able to disobey her, so she figures as long as Rion brings her Lillia it's in the bag no matter how much of the family he pastes. Plus, say Rita had killed Rion and Lillia; Dorothy still wins. And by the time Birdman came after him, they already kinda had a lock on Lillia from the telepathic signals, just not a direct one.

It makes sense if you remember Dorothy is insane, and insane in a surprisingly consistent manner.
Fair point. I guess it didn't occur to me that the machinegod wouldn't really care if all her children died for basically no reason.

Still, if "Rion" died at the hospital or the mansion, it would've ruined the whole plan. Then again, I guess she could've just made another one. And time matters little to the machinegod. Hrmm...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

What's most interesting to me is she was working off a workaround to the framework she was given (where she had to obey humans because they were her God). She obviously wished to disobey, and she did, but she did it in the fashion of a needlessly complex plan because she was working around that ironclad premise, that she couldn't directly disobey her creators. I also imagine that's why she had them killed early, because then she'd be left with only the original directives about 'don't kill people yourself' and they couldn't add new ones like 'don't make a weird engineered race of horrible psyker children to murder us with'.

I wonder, if she'd managed to kill Rion (Rion is a Galerian, she can kill him without breaking the prior commandments) what would she have done at that point? Sat there and hoped the human Lillia went away while she made more horrors to kill her indirectly, or waited for her to get arrested or something?

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Lilia isn't a direct threat without Rion there to upload the virus. That's one of the ironies of the whole game - by creating a copy of Rion and implanting him with the activation program Dorothy essentially engineered her own downfall. If Dorothy had just let Rion stay dead she would have won because Lilia can't upload the virus by herself. This is what makes me think that Dorothy didn't have full knowledge of how the virus actually worked.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Scintilla posted:

Lilia isn't a direct threat without Rion there to upload the virus. That's one of the ironies of the whole game - by creating a copy of Rion and implanting him with the activation program Dorothy essentially engineered her own downfall. If Dorothy had just let Rion stay dead she would have won because Lilia can't upload the virus by herself. This is what makes me think that Dorothy didn't have full knowledge of how the virus actually worked.

Considering her total fixation on it it also might just have been a 'Well there might be another trigger I don't know about or whatever' kind of thing or it could've just been a need to know she'd absolutely destroyed it and would never need to think of it again.

And like I said, she'd never see it coming that Rion would do anything but what she told him because she seems to really assume everyone is bound by the God-Creator protocol like she thinks she is.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
This clone twist is one of the better things done with the game.

Points for originality!

Same with Dorothy.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Maybe if Dorthy had given Cain more than a roll of electrical tap to dress himself with, he would have surpassed Rion's fashion sense.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Section Z posted:

Maybe if Dorthy had given Cain more than a roll of electrical tap to dress himself with, he would have surpassed Rion's fashion sense.

None can surpass Lem's bootcane. That thing is a masterpiece.

EagerSleeper
Feb 3, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Scintilla posted:

None can surpass Lem's bootcane. That thing is a masterpiece.

Agreed.

Thank you for the wonderful LP! It was a great read!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Wait, I totally forgot. Lem was a robot, right? Was he the only robot in the game? If Dorothy could make convincingly human robots to do her bidding did she need Galerians? Why was he the only one? Is there a real human Dr Lem who did all the experiments and the robot doppelganger was just there so Rion could kill it?

I have so many questions.

edit: and wait, the Nazca lines...?

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013

VagueRant posted:

Wait, I totally forgot. Lem was a robot, right? Was he the only robot in the game? If Dorothy could make convincingly human robots to do her bidding did she need Galerians? Why was he the only one? Is there a real human Dr Lem who did all the experiments and the robot doppelganger was just there so Rion could kill it?

I have so many questions.

edit: and wait, the Nazca lines...?

Lem wasn't a robot so much as a heavily augmented cyborg. It's why Rion Shorting still fried Lem's brain regardless of what stage of the fight you were in.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
This was a really weird game. But a great LP, nonetheless :allears:

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Alright, I've sent a request to have this added to the LP Archive. I'll leave the thread open until then.

FH_Meta posted:

Oh, hey, Dragon Quarter and the possibility of Ash afterwards? I know what I'm going to be looking out for.

One day soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Scintilla posted:

Alright, I've sent a request to have this added to the LP Archive. I'll leave the thread open until then.

One day soon.

:getin:

Looking forward to it!

• Locked thread