Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should private citizens have the right to own and carry guns?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

We got tired of owning everyone else on the planet do now we gotta own ourselves :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Luvcow posted:

pretty much yes

every NRA person i know would be more than happy to teach someone how to shoot and properly handle a gun but i'm pretty sure all the anti gun people would rather sit inside and play video games where they murder prostitutes and shoot up virtual cityscapes as they tell opposing players the evil things they want to do their mothers and daughters

I take offence at that. I have no desire to do anything evil to neither your mother nor your daughter!

I want to gently caress them! :tipshat:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I want to buy a shot gun.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Illavick posted:

The reason you should be allowed to carry a gun is that you are responsible for your own safety. The police are there to enforce laws and enact justice. They aren't your guardian. You think they are but that's a common misconception brought about by a life time of being a little bitch. At any moment, it is on you and you alone to ensure that you don't get got and that being the case, you should have access to the highest caliber of self defense available.

Also this pretty much.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

autoaim.cfg posted:

I take offence at that. I have no desire to do anything evil to neither your mother nor your daughter!

I want to gently caress them! :tipshat:

i don't have a daughter :colbert:

she shot herself by accident while handling one of my many guns :smith:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I used to think guns weren't cool, until I went sport shooting. Now I know guns are extremely cool.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Luvcow posted:

maybe the people complaining about guns could stop watching movies and playing video games that glorify guns because lol there would be such a huge shitstorm if someone tried to ban video games

you misunderstand the goon position: they are against things in real life, do NOT take them out of their video games or they will take a class on the constitution to figure out how to win that court case

life is about killing tens of thousands of people in cs:go, dota 2, and chivalry: medeival warfare. it is not about even owning an axe to split firewood in real life, that sounds barbaric and retarded

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

don't even get them started on pocket knives

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe

notZaar posted:

I used to think guns weren't cool, until I went sport shooting. Now I know guns are extremely cool.

The boy scouts have options for handgun and rifle range shooting at a very young age where I live. They get real instructors to teach people about recoil and aim correction. It's a very healthy thing to put your kid into IMO.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Illavick posted:

you should have access to the highest caliber of self defense available.

eh it's a question of recoil and speed of shooting isn't it tho I mean do you really need a handcannon or just a Glock 17

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Cordon bleu posted:

The boy scouts have options for handgun and rifle range shooting at a very young age where I live. They get real instructors to teach people about recoil and aim correction. It's a very healthy thing to put your kid into IMO.

the boy scouts if for nothing else is a great way to actually learn how to shoot rifles and shotguns. if i actually take the time to shoot, im a crack shot with a rifle due to the scouts

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cordon bleu posted:

Lol remember that guy who was a range instructor in Vegas that got pwnd by the 10 year old girl when he let her shoot an uzi

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
anyway i dont need a gun because im not a pussy hope this helps

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

corn in the bible posted:

Have you ever seen what a .44 Magnum will do to a woman's pussy? Now that you should see. What a .44 Magnum will do to a woman's pussy that you should see?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

corn in the bible posted:

Is there a place to buy a gun/fleshlight combination? I need one tool that does everything.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

u could probably rig something up by replacing a 40mm grenade launcher

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Sancho posted:

u could probably rig something up by replacing a 40mm grenade launcher

My trigger discipline would probably result in my death but it'd probably be worth it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I only shoot skeet.

Aww skeet skeet god drat.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna buy a shotgun soon

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm gonna buy a shotgun soon

https://www.remington.com/shotguns/pump-action/model-870/model-870-wingmaster

RoboJiggolo
Aug 16, 2004

More Than Meets the Eye

Nooner posted:

Lol remember that guy who was a range instructor in Vegas that got pwnd by the 10 year old girl when he let her shoot an uzi

Yeah and what does that idiot have to do with the boy scouts teaching basic marksmanship and firearms safety?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
What was he doing with an Uzi anyways? That gun is hella old and basically useless for anything other than drenching the 30 feet in front of you with a clumsy hail of lead.

RoboJiggolo
Aug 16, 2004

More Than Meets the Eye

notZaar posted:

What was he doing with an Uzi anyways? That gun is hella old and basically useless for anything other than drenching the 30 feet in front of you with a clumsy hail of lead.

The NFA registry was closed in 1986, so you won't see any automatic firearms newer than that privately owned, and they were common at the time, so they are in a lot of private collections.
They also have a lot of 80's action-film nostalgia.

Anyway, they guy should have known better, a gun like that (small sized, automatic with a high rate of fire) is difficult to handle, and is not one for inexperienced people or children to shoot.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

RoboJiggolo posted:

Yeah and what does that idiot have to do with the boy scouts teaching basic marksmanship and firearms safety?

Both instances feature idiot americans teaching kids how to shoot

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Nooner posted:

Have you ever seen what a .44 Magnum will do to a woman's pussy? Now that you should see. What a .44 Magnum will do to a woman's pussy that you should see?

Wow Nooner really cmon bruh :pwn:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I think gun ownership is driven by irony. Every time I hear some chucklefuck say the cure to mass shootings is more guns, I start thinking "I really ought to go to the gun store and get some protection from these fuckers".

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frankenstyle posted:

I think gun ownership is driven by irony. Every time I hear some chucklefuck say the cure to mass shootings is more guns, I start thinking "I really ought to go to the gun store and get some protection from these fuckers".

This but unironically.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Update; I bought the gun

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Ground floor on this future spree killing thread.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to massacre those clay birds tell you what

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

notZaar posted:

I'm going to massacre those clay birds tell you what

They should bring back passenger pigeons so we stop killing all those defenseless clay ones.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Every day I drive, my life is put on the loving line every day thanks to insane motherfuckers on the road. Tailgating, swerving in and out of traffic, switching lanes with no blinkers, people running through reds and stop signs, I literally almost die every single day.

Tell me why someone can't own a gun but they can own a car, I have never been put in danger by a gun but I am put in danger every single day because of automobiles.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

a bone to pick posted:

Every day I drive, my life is put on the loving line every day thanks to insane motherfuckers on the road. Tailgating, swerving in and out of traffic, switching lanes with no blinkers, people running through reds and stop signs, I literally almost die every single day.

Tell me why someone can't own a gun but they can own a car, I have never been put in danger by a gun but I am put in danger every single day because of automobiles.

This makes a lot of sense to me, I propose a national registry where we can keep track of the people who own and operate these dangerous automobiles.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
We already have that and people still drive like insane jackasses, are you proposing the same thing would work with firearms?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm just trying to tell jokes, sorry

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
If you give up your guns, the shapeshifters win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs