Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
West Coast games take forever.

Tulane scored 66 points against an instate opponent from Baton Rouge. They are back (to winning a few games in a season)
https://twitter.com/FearTheWaveBlog/status/774778576528822272

CMU beat OK State in a dubious situation.
https://twitter.com/FS1/status/774695402624823297

Boogers are food in Michigan.
https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/774743194512740352

They played football at a Nascar venue and Tennessee didn't get embarrassed.

Arkansas/TCU was a sweet game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdpw_vuoGaw

Lamar Jackson is the Heisman frontrunner.
https://twitter.com/CA_Headline/status/774471980905095168

Wake Forest is looking like they are in for a fun year.
https://twitter.com/theACCDN/status/774748392614395904

Other cool stuff happened that I missed, it will be discussed.

I can't wait for next weekend.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Uhhhh and Texas won by a bunch. Hello? Bury the lead much?

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

:lol:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Northwestern and Iowa State are currently competing to see who can bring down Iowa's Strength of Schedule more.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
2-0 FIGHTIN TEXAS STRONGHORNS

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

gently caress

bondster
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHDN157Fmx0

owns owns owns owns Woo Pig Bitch

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Clemson was dumb and lazy and barely survived fun-belt powerhouse Troy.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Southern miss destroyed their cupcake, are 2-0, and scored 100pts combined in their first two games for the first time, which seems odd considering they've been headed by both Fedora and Todd Monken. They also put up 650 yards to savannahs 41.

E: nearly 400 of those yards were on the ground

big trivia FAIL fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Sep 11, 2016

a god damn idiot
Sep 7, 2006

I am officially sunburned and ECU now have the same amount of ACC wins in the last 3 years as NC State.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
TCU Bitch Lost but they also lost the Belt ak ABaylors Belt. Texas

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Shane Buechele went 22/27 for 250 yards and 4 touchdowns. Another fantastic week for the horns with 4 starting lineman, our starting tight end, and number one back out resting. Defense had 6 freshman in for most of the fourth quarter.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Football is stupid and I don't like it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
iowa beat the holy hell out to Iowa State and the world is good for another year. CJ Beathard is very good at throwing footballs accurately

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

MourningView posted:

iowa beat the holy hell out to Iowa State and the world is good for another year. CJ Beathard is very good at throwing footballs accurately

confirming that it's possible to cackle at a game for 3 straight hours.

ISU -------> FCS

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

FSU All American safety Derwin James was injured against Charleston Southern. No one has any idea what's up, MRI tomorrow, will likely be out against Louisville

Gonna be playing at least 3 Fr defenders against Lamar Jackson

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

it is with a heavy heart that i must announce that northwestern is at it again

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

South Carolina lost 27-14 to Mississippi State in another hard-to-watch performance. Turns out we're still bad, which is not a surprise, but the first half in particular was admittedly disappointing. I did think we'd be 1-1 through our first two games of the season, so we're not really super off track here; I just didn't expect it to play out the way it did. Brandon McIlwain had a couple boneheaded freshman plays, but he otherwise looked pretty good and we need to just go ahead and roll with him at quarterback for the sake of our future (and to have any kind of athleticism at the position). Unfortunately we play ECU next week, so that could be another disaster. Can't wait to find out!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
A 21-42 loss to UCLA is progress from last year, at least on offense. The defense needs to step their drat game up though, way too many missed tackles. The goal is to tackle, not just hit them.

I like where the program is trending, just so long as Tony Sanchez can see it fulfilled. That means I'm desperately praying no P5 school decides to nab him in the coming years. Soon we may no longer be asking "why not us" and it'll be drat sweet :unsmith:

Lessail fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Sep 11, 2016

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
shane buchele owns, jalen hurts owns, alabama defense could probably beat most of the top 25 by itself. see you next week ole miss we're giong to tear ur offensive line a new rear end in a top hat

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Texas State plays Arky next week and I STILL don't know what to think of the Hogs.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Tennessee won, but they still look suspect. I am reserving any judgement until after the UF game in 2 weeks.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

PostNouveau posted:

Uhhhh and Texas won by a bunch. Hello? Bury the lead much?

Hell yeah

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou scored some touchdowns. Those are always neat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Mizzou put up 60+ points against an FBS opponent for the first time since 2008, Drew Lock who last week set a personal best for passing yards with 280 went for 450 and 5 TDs (the TDs tied a school record). Sure Eastern Michigan is very bad but actually handling a bad opponent like this is an improvement for this team.

Georgia's probably going to be pissed off next week after squeaking by Nicholls State, but I'm a lot more hopeful that Mizzou will at least make some sort of game of it now. Although I expect Chubb to have a huge day no matter what.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Pitt didn't Pitt against PSU and its shame that in 3 years we won't see Pitt vs PSU for another 20 years because PSU has their heads up their asses thinking that the rivalry with Pitt isn't viable or "prestigious" enough.
https://twitter.com/CoachDuzzPittFB/status/774701554599333888

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Washington beat the piss out of another cupcake. Still don't know how good they actually are but at least they haven't laid any eggs yet.

We get Portland State and then Arizona next (who is inexplicably losing to Grambling at this moment) so 4-0 heading into Stanford Week should be the expectation.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

CaptainYesterday posted:

Texas State plays Arky next week and I STILL don't know what to think of the Hogs.

I think they will beat Texas State

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Virginia Tech has 9 turnovers in two games I think?

:smithicide:

We might actually be a halfway decent team if we could just hold on to the drat football.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

CaptainYesterday posted:

I'm definitely gonna be at the Texas state / h town game. Super excited.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Benne posted:

Washington beat the piss out of another cupcake. Still don't know how good they actually are but at least they haven't laid any eggs yet.

We get Portland State and then Arizona next (who is inexplicably losing to Grambling at this moment) so 4-0 heading into Stanford Week should be the expectation.

Defense is terrifying - no great edge rushers, but three really good DTs pushing up the middle has worked so far! Really enjoying watching them blast the hell out of ball carriers.

The offense had been really effective in spurts, which is god drat light years ahead of last year at this point in the season

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Spacebump we are now football bros buddy. I'll be pulling for Tulane to keep whooping rear end so we look better. And also because you're a cool dude. :hfive:

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Mizzou put up 60+ points against an FBS opponent for the first time since 2008, Drew Lock who last week set a personal best for passing yards with 280 went for 450 and 5 TDs (the TDs tied a school record). Sure Eastern Michigan is very bad but actually handling a bad opponent like this is an improvement for this team.

Georgia's probably going to be pissed off next week after squeaking by Nicholls State, but I'm a lot more hopeful that Mizzou will at least make some sort of game of it now. Although I expect Chubb to have a huge day no matter what.

Mizzou's run defense looked really bad but I'm hopeful they will start to figure it out more in the coming weeks. The lack of sacks is alarming as well.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Voters just looking at the final score and not at the fact that the game was pretty close until Wyoming just decided they didn't want the football anymore in the fourth quarter might get Nebraska into the top 25 just in time for Royce Freeman to go HAM in Lincoln next week.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Don't Sleep On The Deacs

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Houston fulfilled a contractual obligation and shut out Lamar with its second and third team. Next

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Kalen Ballage, running back for Arizona State, has eight touchdowns - seven rushing and one receiving.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Good lord, Tech's defense sucks... Again. Year after year. Wish it would fix itself magically because it's taking way too long for the coaches to figure it out.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon both looks better this week than last week and didn't have as impressive an outing.

Arizona State wins while tying the touchdowns per player for a single game (at 8)

Cal loses to....SDSU

Arizona sneaks past Grambling State.

This has been your #Pac12AfterDark report.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
DJ Pumphrey for loving heisman

I am dead

Aztecs Bitch

• Locked thread