Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Dilber posted:

Miami opens +3.5 on app state. Easy money. App state is good but we have the tight ends to abuse their defense.

I'm out of the loop but Miami being a dog to a mid major is really funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Whoops. Typed that wrong. We're a 3.5 point favorite.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Richt will find a way to lose to App State

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

KKKLIP ART posted:

He'll take exception to all of the unshaven young men, rampant marijuana use, and lack of american-made cars. He'll be on full tilt.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
Some appropriate reactions during the game from the Purdue community:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

He'll take exception to all of the unshaven young men, rampant marijuana use, and lack of american-made cars. He'll be on full tilt.

It's in the appalachias. That's jenkem country

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

It's in the appalachias. That's jenkem country

You don't know Boone, NC too well..

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Scarf posted:

You don't know Boone, NC too well..

I don't!

Though google-earthing around, it looks idyllic :)

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

pillsburysoldier posted:

Gameday to Louisville

drat that motorcycle!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Boone, NC is basically the setting of the TV show Justified with less incest.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

On the bright side, their stadium is only like 30k, and according to most of you we're used to playing in that :v:

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Pakled posted:

They can probably do better than Franklin, but lol at the idea that they "never should have had to try to get back into a game like that in the first place." Pitt is a good team. They went 8-5 last year with a new coach and their star running back out for the year. Penn State's a couple years removed from being "above" that.

I didn't mean it the way you interpreted it. You shouldn't be turning the ball over that much that deep in your own territory. Kent State got a TD for the exact same reason.

Penn State played garbage football against a not great team too

Sash! fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Sep 12, 2016

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

pillsburysoldier posted:

I don't!

Though google-earthing around, it looks idyllic :)

It's pretty great. Not quite as fun as Asheville, NC, but a pretty little mountain town with some decent (by east coast standards) ski mountains.

And lots of weed.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

So where do the last two weeks leave on on the SEC East? I'm wavering back toward Florida at the moment.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Oklahoma State got screwed but I'm glad that the ghost of Zurlon guided the Chips to victory

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

You got two lucky scores early and then worked on another trophy for the case.

You sure showed a 6 win team what a top 10 team can do when given 25 penalties and 18 TOs.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 12, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

So where do the last two weeks leave on on the SEC East? I'm wavering back toward Florida at the moment.

Yeah probably UF or UGA

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Still pick one out of a hat between Florida Georgia and Tennessee to me. Two of those three have proven they're flawed enough to lose to anyone so I guess Florida would be favored, but I don't trust them either.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Happy to watch Iowa thrash ISU yesterday, not as excited about their loss to NDSU next week.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Oh poo poo Ohio State plays OU in Norman.

I think Stoops wins that one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Just imagine if somehow Ohio State loses to OU, Michigan loses to Colorado, and one (or both) beat Michigan State. The Big Ten could miss the playoffs. (Edit assuming Wisconsin also takes a Big 10 loss.)

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KKKLIP ART posted:

No he will beat them by a large enough score that Miami can claim they should be ranked higher than Tennessee.

vyst posted:

Boone, NC is basically the setting of the TV show Justified with less incest.

Boone and Blowing Rock are pretty cool to visit. I'm not sure about actually living there, but my whole family is originally from those mountains of North Carolina.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Spacebump posted:

Just imagine if somehow Ohio State loses to OU, Michigan loses to Colorado, and one (or both) beat Michigan State. The Big Ten could miss the playoffs. (Edit assuming Wisconsin also takes a Big 10 loss.)

Nebraska :v:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Grittybeard posted:

Still pick one out of a hat between Florida Georgia and Tennessee to me.

Same. If I were forced to pick, I'd say Florida due to what I think has to be (for a change) the easiest in-conference scheduling of the bunch.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I didn't even look at the schedules, I'm assuming Tennessee is the only one to play Bama?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mayodreams posted:

Some appropriate reactions during the game from the Purdue community:

the mayodreams bowl is going to be lit as gently caress

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh poo poo Ohio State plays OU in Norman.

I think Stoops wins that one.

I have front-row tickets to Texas-OU, so I hope both are top 10 teams by that point.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

It's awesome that Mobile's bowl is now sponsored by Dollar General.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I didn't even look at the schedules, I'm assuming Tennessee is the only one to play Bama?

Yep, and Tennessee other game against the West is Texas A&M away.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Florida gets LSU at home and Tennessee and Arkansas on the road
Georgia gets UT, Ole Miss, and Auburn at home
Tennessee gets Bama and Florida at home with Texas A&M and Georgia on the road

UGA's schedule is slightly better than Florida's just because it's 3 home games(neutral site for the Cocktail Party). UT's is clearly the toughest.

Frinkahedron
Jul 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble
Finally feel recovered from Bristol and a 22 hour day of traveling, broken down car, photographing, and camping. It was fun, the game sucked, 5 lost fumbles and 2 muffed punts ruined an otherwise pretty good stat line by VT. If I were a smart Vols fan, I'd be nervous as gently caress for SEC play when the fumble god doesn't smile your way five times in a row. If VT locks down the turnover poo poo they'll be way better than the past few years, should be competitive in the ACC this year.

Not sure if they do this game again it'll have the same wonder as it did yesterday, it was a special atmosphere, better than a lot of bowl games. who am I kidding they are gonna milk this poo poo for all its worth

That's about all I have, yeah. .

Also Tennessee has a punt sign:

Frinkahedron fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 12, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pook Good Mook posted:

Happy to watch Iowa thrash ISU yesterday, not as excited about their loss to NDSU next week.

NDSU has gone to OT twice this year and doesn't look quite as dominant as normal. If there was ever a good year to schedule them (there isn't) this is as about as close as it gets. They're still better than either team we've played so far, but thankfully we get a nice cool down week against Rutgers right after before getting into conference play.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Sep 12, 2016

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

CaptainYesterday posted:

I have front-row tickets to Texas-OU, so I hope both are top 10 teams by that point.

Get tickets higher up and sell those for bank if so

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

CaptainYesterday posted:

Stoops doesn't lose OOC in Norman very often. Baker Mayfield is ridiculously overrated though but also Ohio State is kinda soft and new on defense.

It's just a really interesting game

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Get tickets higher up and sell those for bank if so
Front row upper deck is the best place to watch a football game

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
One JUCO player that is not going to get a D1 offer:

https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/775156281917083648?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

His sister tweeted out something to the effect of "he was trying to hit himself in the helmet and missed".

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I feel like JUCO games should be treated like hockey... Just let them get it out of their systems.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I like that after he punched the ref another ref threw a flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Grittybeard posted:

Still pick one out of a hat between Florida Georgia and Tennessee to me. Two of those three have proven they're flawed enough to lose to anyone so I guess Florida would be favored, but I don't trust them either.

Sounds like the time is right for Mizzou to trip into another SEC East title baby

• Locked thread