Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Cordon bleu posted:

slut but are you a dumpsterslut like me :"D

;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

AugmentedVision posted:

what's it like to know that she's more important than you or anyone related to you will ever be

I live my life in the real world where trainwrecks like Brianna Wu are abhorred and shunned

personally I would steer clear of digital hugboxes where disasters like that are celebrated but hey if thats what youre into

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Internaut! posted:

I live my life in the real world where trainwrecks like Brianna Wu are abhorred and shunned

personally I would steer clear of digital hugboxes where disasters like that are celebrated but hey if thats what youre into

you think about her probably most days and she has no idea who you are lmfao

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
In an ironic twist of fate, Brianna Wu is represented here by notable fictional misogynist Don Draper

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
I went on twitter once, before it was cool.. these days? No thanks its all about the woot.com comment section

White Phosphorus
Sep 12, 2000

You know I too kinda wish I was knighted by a corporate lord and had cyber vassals.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Brianna Who?

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my friend who isn't a goon mentioned this when he came over last night and I was like drat he should be verified that's my story bye

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

lowtax died in 07 and the lowtax we have now is a pale pretender to the throne

this is like, common knowledge

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

How did you know? I do in fact think about her daily while beat my meat.

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
I just checked... I haven't posted on Twitter since August 20th of 2015.

And even then it was mostly about the Nickolaus Pacione poo poo that started here on SA.

@autoaim_cfg got 37 tweets spanning six years. Do people actually USE twitter for anything? I sure as hell don't use it.

What's the point of Twitter, unless you're some kind of b-list celeb?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the difference is that while people might want to pretend to be a gamergate person, no one in their right mind wants to be lowtax

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

autoaim.cfg posted:

I just checked... I haven't posted on Twitter since August 20th of 2015.

And even then it was mostly about the Nickolaus Pacione poo poo that started here on SA.

@autoaim_cfg got 37 tweets spanning six years. Do people actually USE twitter for anything? I sure as hell don't use it.

What's the point of Twitter, unless you're some kind of b-list celeb?

trolling b-list celebs

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

AugmentedVision posted:

an insult that is just as effective at owning inconsequential SA goon AugmentedVision as it does inconsequential SA goon Internaut

famous vs infamous was once a useful concept, but sadly it's too subtle for our internet age

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Klyith posted:

an insult that is just as effective at owning inconsequential SA goon AugmentedVision as it does inconsequential SA goon Internaut

famous vs infamous was once a useful concept, but sadly it's too subtle for our internet age

You are emotionally invested in the ethics of video game journalism

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
what the hell Lowtax get your poo poo together

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

Don't shame me for my hatred of white upper-middle class women in gaming industry and my fear of female characters in vidya.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

AugmentedVision posted:

Klyith posted:

an insult that is just as effective at owning emotionally invested SA goon AugmentedVision as it does emotionally invested SA goon Klyith

(though my emotional investment is actually in funny GBS slapfights between weirdo internet tribes who both try to take the "I don't care, you care" approach to winning an argument)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
denying a checkmark to entertainment weekly's 2001 entertainer of the year? shameful.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Klyith posted:

(though my emotional investment is actually in funny GBS slapfights between weirdo internet tribes who both try to take the "I don't care, you care" approach to winning an argument)

if you think this is a metadick measuring contest you're wrong because Internaut legitimately cares about this stuff a lot, lol

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

Concerned Citizen posted:

denying a checkmark to entertainment weekly's 2001 entertainer of the year? shameful.

every single one of the waynes brothers have the checkmark and wil wheton and even those youtube drama dudes

the big dog of the pound needs his bone

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

drjuggalo posted:

every single one of the waynes brothers have the checkmark and wil wheton and even those youtube drama dudes

the big dog of the pound needs his bone

The difference between all those people and Lowtax is that Lowtax isn't sleeping with Sarkeesian...yet.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Jack Trades posted:

The difference between all those people and Lowtax is that Lowtax isn't sleeping with Sarkeesian...yet.
"If it means getting your twitter star" LadyAmbien reluctantly stammered with a somber mix of reluctance and enthusiasm harrowing throughout each syllable.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Khorne posted:

"If it means getting your twitter star" LadyAmbien reluctantly stammered with a somber mix of reluctance and enthusiasm harrowing throughout each syllable.

Stop reading my fanfiction.

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
well maybe lowtax shouldn't have written that mean review about her game on steam

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
hello from the gas chamber

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

hello from the gas chamber

Are we suddenly a DnD thread?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
some of the discussion about that-which-should-be-named ITT is not ironic enough imho

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Maybe lowtax should post on his forums instead of a place where they won't even give him a checkmark, he can even give himself a checkmark here

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Aralan posted:

Maybe lowtax should post on his forums instead of a place where they won't even give him a checkmark, he can even give himself a checkmark here

unlike twitter which has a trust and safety council, the mods here don't do gently caress about all the cyber bullying that goes on

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision posted:

some of the discussion about that-which-should-be-named ITT is not ironic enough imho

These kinds of comments make me think CAROUSEL CAROUSEL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wjXpTDuHiE

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

reallivedinosaur posted:

unlike twitter which has a trust and safety council, the mods here don't do gently caress about all the cyber bullying that goes on

Hey nerd. Give me your lunch bitcoins!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Klyith posted:

Someone says they like you, someone else says they hate you, that's two people talking about you. Internet metrics aren't about whether people like or hate you, it's about whether they talk about you at all.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Unguided posted:

Someone says they like you, someone else says they hate you, that's two people talking about you. Internet metrics aren't about whether people like or hate you, it's about whether they talk about you at all.

The difference is that in one case you should feel good about yourself and in the other you shouldn't.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

But what if saying they hate you provides a carthatic release for them, and it makes you happy because your goal isn't to be liked, it's to improve people's lives by encouraging them to direct their negative emotions towards a target other than their loved ones?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

But what if saying they hate you provides a carthatic release for them, and it makes you happy because your goal isn't to be liked, it's to improve people's lives by encouraging them to direct their negative emotions towards a target other than their loved ones?

Or maybe they're just being a massive dickhead.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Twitter constantly has to suck advertiser dick just to stay afloat and even that's not guaranteed, who cares about cool kid politics when the whole platform is a thinly veiled dumpster fire

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe

down n out posted:

Twitter constantly has to suck advertiser dick just to stay afloat and even that's not guaranteed, who cares about cool kid politics when the whole platform is a thinly veiled dumpster fire

Time for a twitch.tv "Creative" section SA Staff and Forum Users News Network styled show.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I bet when mad dog go the verification denial he was all like WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I bet when mad dog go the verification denial he was all like WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE

He bust some heads down at Twit HQ. I heard he set Leopard Crabs on them

• Locked thread