Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

This is quite possibly the most beautiful picture I've ever viewed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

MiracleWhale posted:

did tide already do a "these colors don't run" marketing campaign

Tide did a really tasteless campaign like that before the emancipation proclamation.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

October Revolution posted:

The school didn't tell us what was happening, so when I got home after being picked up and saw a building collapsing, I laughed. I thought it was a cool demolition thing.

I got grounded for that :(

loving rude. I remember parents/teachers being really frustrated that we didn't all instantly understand what a tragedy it was, as if a bunch of little kids should just psychically understand what the hell was going on/what it meant.

I'm so thankful my parents are America-hating commies who actually explained poo poo to me instead of punishing, and can appreciate a good 9/11 joke.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Bismuth posted:

loving rude. I remember parents/teachers being really frustrated that we didn't all instantly understand what a tragedy it was, as if a bunch of little kids should just psychically understand what the hell was going on/what it meant.

I'm so thankful my parents are America-hating commies who actually explained poo poo to me instead of punishing, and can appreciate a good 9/11 joke.

if your parents are so smart why didn't they tell you that it was an inside job by the boeing corporation to test whether or not jet fuel could melt steel beams

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
why the gently caress does anyone care what people were doing on the day i joined the forums? It's not that big of a deal guys.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Elfgames posted:

why the gently caress does anyone care what people were doing on the day i joined the forums? It's not that big of a deal guys.

two tragedies in one day

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

MiracleWhale posted:

two tragedies in one day

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

MiracleWhale posted:

two tragedies in one day

:eyepop:

klafbang
Nov 18, 2009
Clapping Larry
I recall making jokes about the NY housing market crashing. Now I feel really bad about that, because those jokes would be so much more topical 6 years later.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Never forget what a bunch of babies new yorkers can be as soon as somebody demolishes a couple buildings in their massive metropolis without posting notices

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
To be fair, New Yorkers seem like huge babies about most everything

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
it's true they are

Rick Rickshaw
Feb 21, 2007

I am not disappointed I lost the PGA Championship. Nope, I am not.
I was 13 so I understood more than a wimpy 1990s baby.

But my image of "terrorists" at the time was heavily skewed by Counter-Strike (1.3, suckas!).

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Is goatse pre or post 9/11??

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I was in high school and used it a few days later to do a report that I hadn't started working on yet, basically I just played a video from the news and then spoke for like 2 minutes about it

Thanks Osama

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Bismuth posted:

Is goatse pre or post 9/11??

Pre, part of our lost age of innocence. Gaze at it and remember a simpler time

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Aralan posted:

Pre, part of our lost age of innocence. Gaze at it and remember a simpler time

I thought so! I didnt get to see it until I was 13 or so, but it still had it's punch.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Verily I Shat posted:

Christ, when will Americans stop being little pissboys and little pissgirls and get over 9/11 already.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
i was in college you young bastard

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.
They skipped one or two episodes of Dragon Ball Z in Germany and aired instead boring news.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Nobody even told me it happened lol.

I literally forgot where I was that day.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

GewuerzKahn posted:

They skipped one or two episodes of Dragon Ball Z in Germany and aired instead boring news.

The terrorists won.

klosterdev
Oct 10, 2006

Na na na na na na na na Batman!

Dreddout posted:

Nobody even told me it happened lol.

I literally forgot where I was that day.

I was on a school backpacking trip that week and none of the students were told about it (somehow the teachers found out) until we made it back to the bus on the 14th.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

9/11 happened a little while before I turned 11. They banned TV in the common room for like a month and a half afterwards bc one of the other boarding kids had family in NYC (?????) and I remember being frothing pissed about it because it was right in the middle of a rerun of the Frieza saga.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This was in England. Constance you were a total poo poo person and I know you loved basking in all the sympathy you got because you steered every conversation towards 9/11 and how hard it was for literally years after that

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i was 5 :D

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont remember anything that happened that day tho

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
i was 9 and they rolled a TV into our campus club room to show us the news

i saw those explosions and thought it was the coolest poo poo in the world. they expected me to be sad about it every year thereafter but i was stoked on that day so i can't relate

Winter Fresh
Oct 31, 2011
I was about ten which means we were just old enough for my entire grade to be forced into learning and performing Lee Greenwoods God Bless the USA in front of various crowds of people.. my favorite part was how we would sit down in the middle of the song and when Lee would sing "STAND UP" we would all stand up together it was great

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I don't remember anything about it.

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'
i was 12 op

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I was 6. I came home and my mom was nervously watching the television. TVs were smaller back then.

I remember seeing the burning towers, knowing it was bad, and that was about it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I was 10 but would be 11 in 14 more days

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.
i was 16 and learning math in a class i wuold eventually fail

we wathced a lot of tv that day

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

CNN was pretty good that day. I watched the same half hour of footage like 12 times.

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

symbolic posted:

4 years old

i remember absolutely nothing about it

same except 3

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I was 13, in my 7th grade Social Studies class.

Another teacher came in and told my teacher what happened by whispering in her ear. She refused to tell us what happened saying "it's not important" even though we could see a giant plume of black smoke drifting by the window. Some of the other classrooms had windows facing the towers and the kids saw the whole thing happen so I don't know why she thought we wouldn't find out.

gently caress you Ms. G.

oval office

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.
we should be friends forums underdude

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Renegret posted:

I was 13, in my 7th grade Social Studies class.

Another teacher came in and told my teacher what happened by whispering in her ear. She refused to tell us what happened saying "it's not important" even though we could see a giant plume of black smoke drifting by the window, and some of the other classrooms had windows facing the towers and saw the whole thing happen.

gently caress you Ms. G.

oval office

good lord I hope you beheaded her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

I was a little kid OP, so I don't remember poo poo.

Do kids even have the ability to remember things?

• Locked thread