Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Do you think you'd finally get around to doing all the new things you've been afraid to try because you didn't have time for them? Or do you think you'd waste eternity doing the same things you've wasted your life on only worse because now you don't even have the fear of your own death to motivate you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I'd probably spend a lot more time masturbating OP.

Tomato Burger
Jun 18, 2007
The secret is granola.
What would you do if you were immoral?

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I can't imagine it changing much.

I would continue picking my nose and randomly stumbling into strokes of good and bad luck.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

russian roulette

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Tomato Burger posted:

What would you do if you were immoral?

I'd probably masturbate more.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

So much...
Op... you don't even know

You don't even want to know.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'd just play Don't Fear the Reaper on repeat, get fat on pudding, get the high score on Galaga and Area 51, and poo poo where I walk. :shrug:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
finish a game of civ 5

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Take out other immortals and win The Game.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
Id go mashing by myself more often and not get thrown out or banned from the venue

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

kazr posted:

russian roulette

but wouldn't the bullets just shatter your head open? and you'd have to continue through eternity with a shattered head? how would that work?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Do you think you'd finally get around to doing all the new things you've been afraid to try because you didn't have time for them? Or do you think you'd waste eternity doing the same things you've wasted your life on only worse because now you don't even have the fear of your own death to motivate you?
you can't make one of these threads without specifying the nature of the immortality. what are the rules???

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
kill myself

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
I'd kick all the side mirrors off a strip of cars during a "white night" (like 7 cars cuz its lucky) and make out with guys girlfriends in front of them on the streets in public.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Ur mom lol

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i would put off all the poo poo i had to do for thousands of years

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Research a way to kill myself. Spend every waking hour making sure I could die. What happens when the human civilization goes extinct as it inevitably will? What happens when the sun expands and consumes the earth? You'll just be floating in space forever with just your thoughts to keep you company while you suffer in agony from suffocating and dehydration and starvation and solar radiation and near zero degree temperature. It would be worse than hell.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

I'd read more books

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I'll become a wandering hermit, bestowing ancient wisdom upon those I meet. "Brush your teeth daily", "Wipe after pooping", "9/11 was an inside job".

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

935 posted:

Research a way to kill myself. Spend every waking hour making sure I could die. What happens when the human civilization goes extinct as it inevitably will? What happens when the sun expands and consumes the earth? You'll just be floating in space forever with just your thoughts to keep you company while you suffer in agony from suffocating and dehydration and starvation and solar radiation and near zero degree temperature. It would be worse than hell.
doesn't sound much different from what I usually do :confused:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'd probably go for a walk in the ocean, just go for a cross Atlantic trip, all that

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
All that terrible keys to the vip poo poo you hear about but never see. Like taking a girl on a date then picking up 4 other girls at a booth, then making out with a couple of them in front of their friends, then taking one home and banging her, throwing her out. That kind of stuff.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I would single handedly keep gbs alive 10^99 years from now!

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezT7P970Bw4

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
I would move in with a bunch of women that hated me and then do abstract Tony Robbins motivational speeches while ignoring every lie they speak and planning to steal all their Charles Manson art.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a hole-y ghost posted:

you can't make one of these threads without specifying the nature of the immortality. what are the rules???

Whatever sort of immortality is most appealing to you.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

935 posted:

Mods??

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jose posted:

kill myself

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I wouldn't wrap it up.

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsDOqeQEvH0

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Applewhite posted:

Whatever sort of immortality is most appealing to you.
the one where I'm Gilbert Gottfried?? Well in that case I'd just carry on as immortal Gilbert Gottfried.

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.

a hole-y ghost posted:

Yeah I mean are we talking like invincible or like do you never age or do you just live forever eventually becoming a shambling mess of a human being. Because being invincible would be kind of awesome but just living for eternity would probably blow. These are extremely important questions! :colbert:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

or is it like, you're uploaded into the cloud computer thing??

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

start doing coke

start selling coke

suck dick for coke

not necessarily in that order

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i'd probably be alive forever, OP

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I guess become the God Emperor in like 18 000 years or whatever the Warhammer chronology is

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would get eaten by a boa constrictor and then stand up on the inside of it, flex and make it spray it's guts everywhere. The id make a cool snakeskin jacket and have lots of bebbies with lots of ladies. :mmmsmug:

Cordon bleu
Sep 11, 2016

by Smythe
Kill other lesser gods for fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

I really don't think there is anything wrong with his post as he does contribute content. Realistic content to be honest. Human extinction is as inevitable as entropy. The other problem being immortal would be building relationships. How can you relate to someone who is 1/100th your age or even someone you know will pass with time? Making an emotional investment in someone else is already pretty difficult, but having quite a few of them and knowing that you'll outlast them is pretty depressing. What do you do after you've literally experienced everything?

I would probably spend my time playing music and traveling across the world. I would try and record as much of our history, current and future, so that I could share it later on (unlike the Vatican). Maybe invest in water resources and land and wait for overpopulation so that I could sell it for massive profit.

One thing that would be interesting, regardless of the massive amount of time it takes to get there, would be seeing the end of the universe and maybe it's rebirth. It would basically answer everything religion has tried to explain to us.

• Locked thread