Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

SynthOrange posted:

So much for secret identities.

Theres so much wrong here it's hard to pick a place to start..

Firstly, every car rental place I've ever been to in NYC has had a cheery, smiling YOUNG person behind the counter; the only time you'll ever see an older guy behind the desk is if you travel to Pigs Knuckles, Idaho and it's usually not a rental chain, it's a smaller family-run thing.. stan is drawing on his old traveling salesman experiences from 1977 to write this..

Secondly, Scott Lang has dark RED hair in the comics. I wonder if Stan's rapidly encroaching Alzheimer's has caused him to mistake Hank Pym (who does have blonde hair in the comics) for Scott.

Thirdly, hello, Über? No room for a smartphone in Lang's helmet? Pete probably left his phone at home too.

Fourthly, they've never met before this, the first thing they did was trade punches with each other, the only other thing they did was terrorize some poor guy in his bedroom, and now they're "old buddies?!" :psyduck:

Fifth: Why are they so drat happy *just* to rent a car? Yeah I want to get in the car with a totes stranger driving!

Sixth: Couldv'e gotten more laughs if Lang grew full size while still on Pete's shoulder.

In my mind, I can only make this make sense is if Johnny Storm has hypnotized Pete into thinking he's Ant Man and is about to perpetrate some huge prank him.

drat Egghead for living in an area that mass transit doesn't serve!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stan lee does not write this comic. also, you are a joyless pedant.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

stan lee does not write this comic. also, you are a joyless pedant.

Thanks for the correction, and congratulations on describing 99% of goons who post! :v:

Also, you're desperately needed on page 181 of the badass panels thread.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 25, 2016

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Carrasco posted:

"Billifold" is right up there with "monthly tarriff".

My dad says billfold. Though, he's almost seventy.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

So much for secret identities.

I can't believe that superheroes needs to pay for rental cars, isn't there an Avenger fund for that kind of expenses?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Spergminer posted:

I can't believe that superheroes needs to pay for rental cars, isn't there an Avenger fund for that kind of expenses?

Perhaps Scott's using an Avengers company credit card?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Spergminer posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man is NOT an Avenger!

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

And when Newspaper SpiderMan visited the Newspaper Avengers, Newspaper Captain America and Newspaper Iron Man took turns beating the crap out of him just to see if it was really him.

"Nope, nobody else would keep making wisecracks after major head trauma, so it must be Spider-man"

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Also he left his wallet at home? Why would you do that Pete you incompetent? Also what about you metro pass?

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

Newspaper Spider-Man is NOT an Avenger!

I was thinking about Antman :saddowns:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Binary Badger posted:

And when Newspaper SpiderMan visited the Newspaper Avengers, Newspaper Captain America and Newspaper Iron Man took turns beating the crap out of him just to see if it was really him.

"Nope, nobody else would keep making wisecracks after major head trauma, so it must be Spider-man"

That's still less of a dick move than the actual comic Avengers telling Spider-man he has to capture the hulk as his initiation test (note: there has never been an avengers initiation test before or after this issue).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spider-Speed

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

Spider-Speed

God drat but I love Newspaper Spider-man.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Wait, hang the gently caress on, it's an hour to dawn? Did they rent the loving car at 1am?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Spider-speed? Does Peter have the power of a camel spider too? Those aren't spiders!

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, hang the gently caress on, it's an hour to dawn? Did they rent the loving car at 1am?

From the way Lang talks, the house must be almost 12 hours drive away if they rented that car in the evening.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 26, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I am seriously, 100% genuinely shocked we didn't get at least a week of strips of Peter and Scott driving to the place.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

The MSJ posted:

Spider-speed? Does Peter have the power of a camel spider too? Those aren't spiders!

From the way Lang talks, the house must be almost 12 hours drive away if they rented that car in the evening.

I'm assuming they're somewhere in Georgia or Indiana.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Didn't they say that the cousin lives somewhere "upstate", i.e. northern New York State or something?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
starr owns the bugle right now. he wants to sell his boss pictures of him beating up said boss.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Seems like sound logic.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I personally would pay at least $8 for pictures of Spider-Man beating my awful rear end

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

X-O posted:

Seems like sound logic.

JJJ would pay a fortune for pictures of Spider-man kicking his rear end. Imagine the headlines.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

System Metternich posted:

Didn't they say that the cousin lives somewhere "upstate", i.e. northern New York State or something?

Yeah they said "upstate." So at least a couple hours out of the city (so like five hours minimum)

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nothing happened during the drive up there because peter was taking a nap. newspaper spiderman loves his naps.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if the fight happens inside the house?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What if the fight happens inside the house?

it will probably happen in a featureless void

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Wait, does egg head commute every day to new York City?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Newspaper Spider-Man is an actual un-ironic Silver Age comic being published in 2016. It's amazing.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I'm no photomatizer, but that seems like a terrible place to set up a camera to take hot shots of Spider-Man, unless there's going to be a bunch of roof-crawling action.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wait, does egg head commute every day to new York City?

No, this is the house he shared with his recently deceased wife before he moved back to NYC.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

dordreff posted:

No, this is the house he shared with his recently deceased wife before he moved back to NYC.

But they're expecting to find him there? And fight him?

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009
Keep in mind there are a lot of people in NYC who think of literally everything north of the Bronx as "upstate". This could up past Albany, or it could be a half hour's drive in the middle of Westchester.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

But they're expecting to find him there? And fight him?

Old ant man is missing so they're trying to find him. They're following the only guess they have, that is Elias, Pym's old nemesis, just got out of jail and is apparently going legit (and wants pictures of Ant Man).

So they decide to find his old house guessing that Pym is kidnapped and held hostage there despite the fact that Elias a.k.a. Egghead told Peter he wanted pictures of Ant Man.

He's probably inside.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Spergminer posted:

JJJ would pay a fortune for pictures of Spider-man kicking his rear end. Imagine the headlines.

I'm sure JJJ would also pay for pictures of Spider-Man beating up the rear end in a top hat who stole his goddamn paper from under him, and Peter knows that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think you are overestimating newspaper spiderman's intelligence

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

September 28, 2016

Well, that's one thing it could mean.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gas, eh? Beats getting punched after entering a dark building.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
You would think after fappoing him so many times in the dark, Ants would realize he doesn't have night-vision.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, danger! i guess i'd better very slowly think about what that means until said danger is plainly visible.

i love you, newspaper spiderman.

• Locked thread