Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FAT BATMAN posted:

But what about The Atom? AFAIK he doesn't have strength when he shrinks.

Atom can ride on photons and turn an unconscious Batman into a mecha by jumping on nerves in his brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Atom killed Darkseid once.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

To be fair everyone has somehow

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Atom can do way better.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The origin of Donald Trump.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats not a nice thing to say about Deadpool's movie double.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FAT BATMAN posted:

But what about The Atom? AFAIK he doesn't have strength when he shrinks.

He does. It's explicitly one of his powers. The Atom's power is effectively complete mass control.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October 3, 2016

The perspective on the first panel is killing me.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ImpAtom posted:

He does. It's explicitly one of his powers. The Atom's power is effectively complete mass control.

Yeah. Atom has MORE control over his properties than other shrinkie dinks. Like he can change his mass and density on the fly for some pretty wild effects.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

October 3, 2016

The perspective on the first panel is killing me.

This vacuuming of a square foot of carpet has taken an entire week.

Also, Not-Kingpin, you have the skills and know-how to successfully chemically alter Pym particles/serums/howeveritworks, what the hell are you chumping around with these suckers for?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Also why is that vacuum so old fashioned?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Endless Mike posted:

Yeah they said "upstate." So at least a couple hours out of the city (so like five hours minimum)
something something new york traffic

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

redbackground posted:

This vacuuming of a square foot of carpet has taken an entire week.

Also, Not-Kingpin, you have the skills and know-how to successfully chemically alter Pym particles/serums/howeveritworks, what the hell are you chumping around with these suckers for?

Because Egghead is the biggest chump.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

irlZaphod posted:

something something new york traffic
That was the joke, yes.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

newspaper spiderman only has superhuman strength when someone reminds him about it
It's like tv show Flash.

"Hey Barry, why don't you try running really fast?"

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

bunnyofdoom posted:

Also why is that vacuum so old fashioned?
It's customized.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Uhm

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is kind of impressive how he can hear two tiny people talking while he has the vacuum running

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I know right? Everyone knows sound doesnt travel in a vacuum.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen a vacuum cleaner bag in over a decade.

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

redbackground posted:

I haven't seen a vacuum cleaner bag in over a decade.

No, now they all have plastic bins and filters that throw a thousand percent more dust in the air while you empty them out and clean them.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

joehonkie posted:

No, now they all have plastic bins and filters that throw a thousand percent more dust in the air while you empty them out and clean them.
I love my Dyson, but jesus emptying the contents into the trash is the worst part of my week.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

I love my Dyson, but jesus emptying the contents into the trash is the worst part of my week.

I take mine outside and just dump it straight into the community garbage can.

Incidentally, I was looking to find the pressure inside a vacuum canister and haven't had much luck. It's lower than atmospheric, obviously, but that doesn't really tell much on its own.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we are talking about a guy whose deadliest foe was a clown who repeatedly humiliated him in public

joehonkie
Jan 12, 2006

I'm a member of STARS.

we are talking about a guy whose deadliest foe was a clown who repeatedly humiliated him in public

Newspaper Spider Man summed up in one sentence.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

oh man the ant in ice cube prank never gets old

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

I legit thought Egghead is way too corny of a villain and that Lee/Larry invented him just for the comic strip.

But nope, he is an actual legit Ant-Man villain.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Elihas Starr was born in Queens, New York. A gifted government research atomic scientist with an egg-shaped head, Starr was dismissed for espionage and resolved to use his intellect as a criminal mastermind. He was dealt a humiliating initial defeat by Ant-Man (Hank Pym) when he created a device to communicate with ants and tried to convince them to betray Ant-Man by leading him into a fly paper trap. Ant-Man tricked him into thinking the ants had betrayed him before revealing that the ants were his friends and would never turn against him.[1]

lmaooo

Egghead later captured the Wasp to try luring Hank into a trap involving several creatures, including an iguana and an anteater, but this failed.

ahahahah "YOU HAD ONE JOB ANTEATER! ONE JOB!"

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 7, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I legit thought Egghead is way too corny of a villain and that Lee/Larry invented him just for the comic strip.

He was actually in the most recent Ant-Man issue.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

He looks an awful lot like someone shaved Robotnik.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Synthbuttrange posted:

Elihas Starr was born in Queens, New York. A gifted government research atomic scientist with an egg-shaped head, Starr was dismissed for espionage and resolved to use his intellect as a criminal mastermind. He was dealt a humiliating initial defeat by Ant-Man (Hank Pym) when he created a device to communicate with ants and tried to convince them to betray Ant-Man by leading him into a fly paper trap. Ant-Man tricked him into thinking the ants had betrayed him before revealing that the ants were his friends and would never turn against him.[1]

lmaooo

Egghead later captured the Wasp to try luring Hank into a trap involving several creatures, including an iguana and an anteater, but this failed.

ahahahah "YOU HAD ONE JOB ANTEATER! ONE JOB!"

I want to assumed that it failed because Hank never showed up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was unaware that he existed before now, but i love that there is someone who can only wistfully aspire to the great scientific achievements of hank pym.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

i was unaware that he existed before now, but i love that there is someone who can only wistfully aspire to the great scientific achievements of hank pym.

He was dead for a long time due to Hawkeye

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also

A new Egghead appears as a member of the new Young Avengers.[17] This version is a robot. Although his original programming was "to respect all human life," a female neo-Nazi named Big Zero (who seems to have a relationship with this Egghead) has reprogrammed him to hate several minorities.[18]

Incredible

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

X-O posted:

He was actually in the most recent Ant-Man issue.

I suddenly wish to know more about this angry bug.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ZeeToo posted:

I suddenly wish to know more about this angry bug.

That would be The Scarlet Beetle.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 7, 2016

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

notthegoatseguy posted:

I thought the same of The Shocker, and doubly so for his newspaper costume.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

My favourite thing about Egg Head is he was a part of the Inteligencia, the Super villain version of the Illuminati. And the group made a cloaking device that worked on their combined brain waves.

And when the group met up after Egg Head died to discuss what to do, they were equal parts sad and annoyed over how Egg Head died. In a "Yeah Starr was our friend and a super genius. ..But Christ he was dumb sometimes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

October 7, 2016

• Locked thread