Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad this thread exists because the comic strip thread is really tedious because it has lots of comic strips to scroll past

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the inevitable goatse edit isn't even necessary. i can see it in her face in the second panel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is easy to hide in the periwinkle void

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
stan lee does not write this comic. also, you are a joyless pedant.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
starr owns the bugle right now. he wants to sell his boss pictures of him beating up said boss.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nothing happened during the drive up there because peter was taking a nap. newspaper spiderman loves his naps.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What if the fight happens inside the house?

it will probably happen in a featureless void

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think you are overestimating newspaper spiderman's intelligence

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, danger! i guess i'd better very slowly think about what that means until said danger is plainly visible.

i love you, newspaper spiderman.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tiggum posted:

If anyone tries to tell you that newspaper Spider-Man is not the best super hero comic, show them this. :allears:

if anyone ever tried to tell me that i would punch them in the face or at least give them a real mean look

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
newspaper spiderman only has superhuman strength when someone reminds him about it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not really an expert on ant man, but isn't the bit about retaining his full size strength when shrunken only in the movie?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it is kind of impressive how he can hear two tiny people talking while he has the vacuum running

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we are talking about a guy whose deadliest foe was a clown who repeatedly humiliated him in public

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was unaware that he existed before now, but i love that there is someone who can only wistfully aspire to the great scientific achievements of hank pym.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you dastardly fiend, where did you hide him?

uh, he is right in front of you. did you not recognize him for some reason?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hmm, they are trapped in hard, rectangular objects... oh no. dear god, no! newspaper spiderman has become.... a brick!!!!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if only this real hero who knows how to get things done hadn't come, i would have won!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
starr was really more of an adversary for jameson. he killed his cousin, stole his newspaper and tried to quietly kill that no-good spiderman where no one could see.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol i love that hosed up tiny subway entrance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that last panel would work for pretty much every strip if you changed the text

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

Will this finally be the Turn Off the Dark crossover we've all been waiting for?

it is six years too late for it to be relevant so yeah, quite possibly.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i can't stop laughing at his face in the second panel

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
given the colorist's... peculiarities, it is fairly likely that they will drive there on the bottom of the sea.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

Will they run into Namor then?

they may run into a gas station attendant inexplicably colored like namor. and i mean old school, green scaly trunks namor.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
super skrull

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, dude? spider sense detects danger. you are driving toward danger with your wife.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
whoever it is, peter will get real grumpy about having to give them a ride and that is completely my jam

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a clown was too much for newspaper spiderman to handle. ronan is so far above him that it might as well be eternity.

i always assumed the firelord thing happened during his brief stint as captain universe.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

lol i looked at this more closely and i think that is starfox with the avengers. starfox made the cut but spidey didn't get an invite.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
"the bathroom"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you had ever tried a guy fieri recipe, you would know that his boss is satan. ronan's boss is usually the supreme intelligence, who i would also very much like to make an appearance.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was very polite of him to see them to the door

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the colorist might make him blue a couple times by accident. or maybe he will get confused and color him as iron man.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that was supposed to be an energy blast but the colorist thought ronan was just swinging it around

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

redbackground posted:

Has NS-M never once met someone from another planet before until now?

Also, those are some sweet teal jams Peter's wearing.

if he has, he forgot about it. his brain doesn't work so good.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the elderly couple ran screaming into the desert and they will never stop

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, that's about normal for him

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if ronan could detect the sentry, why did he assault a diner? i suspect that the questions were an excuse for him to get his grub on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
regular spider-man may not necessarily remember about kree sentries, much less the newspaper version.

• Locked thread