Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

2016 is a great year solely because there's 366 days and therefore one extra Newspaper Spider-Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Hey, if you like Newspaper Spider-Man, check out the OP for a new addition and overdose to your heart's content.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bunnyofdoom posted:

....that is one hell of a collection

Well, it's part one one anyway.

I like when Peter gets crapped on.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That blasted Spider-Man and his size changing tricks!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tiggum posted:

Since it's not in the collection in the OP, I've uploaded the Big Time story. Unfortunately Imgur has put the images in reverse order for some reason and I can't find an easy way to reverse them, so read bottom to top.

I'll have that one in there soon. I've got every strip since January 2000. They'll all be in the OP eventually. I decided once we had a thread there was a good reason to share them. Since they're released free and you can't buy anywhere there's really no other way to get them.

X-O fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Sep 14, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Kurui Reiten posted:

Seems like a bunch of them are jumbled into random orders though.

The first few months of 2010 weren't ordered yet. They are now. All of them should be ordered now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More Spider-Mans added to the OP. Including the infamous and haunting March 2007 storyline including this unforgettable scene.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No Aunt May nooooooooo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

"I need to know where those two lived as man and wife" is such an insanely awkward phrase, holy poo poo.

Yeah, but that's one of the main reasons we love Newspaper Spider-Man so much.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's today's comic.

Also, the OP archive is done. I've added all of 2016 and the complete previous 17 years of daily Newspaper Spider-Man. You may think that's a lot of comics, and it is, but it's really not. I'd say each year reads like a couple issues of a modern comic because it reads so fast. So check it out and enjoy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"I'm surprised you knew Doc's name. Especially considering I literally told you a couple sentences ago!"

The continuity we've all come to love from Newspaper Spider-Man.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Spider-Speed

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Seems like sound logic.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Nope.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

notthegoatseguy posted:

I legit thought Egghead is way too corny of a villain and that Lee/Larry invented him just for the comic strip.

But nope, he is an actual legit Ant-Man villain.

He was actually in the most recent Ant-Man issue.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ZeeToo posted:

I suddenly wish to know more about this angry bug.

That would be The Scarlet Beetle.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Oct 7, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm gonna give them a pass on this one and say if you're tiny and you have a giant Egghead in front of you taking up most of the view you'll be forgiven for not noticing the sleeping old guy in the corner of the room.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Uh, well this got awkward...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

Oh, I see what happened here. Someone told them to make Ronan as Kirby as possible and the artist just drastically misunderstood.

This is good and also a video game reference I actually understand, so double good.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Face it thread, we just hit the jackpot.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I've seen enough space stuff to know that space spiders are not only a thing, they're most of the things out there in space.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

techknight posted:

Have some avatars! (I used some of Carol's edited versions as a starting point)

This one might become the new Hardhat Spidey for everyone in this thread.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Speaking of the archives, I finally uploaded the rest of 2016. From here on out I'll update them at the end of the month because Imgur changed something a month or so back that doesn't let you rearrange by filename so it's easier to get them in correct order by just doing a whole month in one dump rather than adding images day by day and dragging them down to the bottom of the album.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

bunnyofdoom posted:

What gets me is didn't GOTG come out like a year and change before Ant Man?

There's another one coming out this year. Based on the pace of this story we'll probably be nearing the halfway point by the time it comes out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Ronan was walking! WALKING! he cant have gotten that far!

I like to think time progresses normally for those off panel, so he's been walking for weeks now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

She's named after MJ's and Peter's aunts Anna and May. Anna May Parker. It's a perfectly fine name.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

uPen posted:

We're never going to see Ronan again are we?

This story just started in NSM time. This'll be running until like July or August.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

What are the odds that the Sunday artist just turned in a page of naked Rocket fighting a dog and the weekday artist freaked realizing he had to somehow plot this out during the week to get to that point. Because I think it's a real possibility.

I like to think that's how the workflow is every week. They get the Sunday pages and the poor weekday guy has to connect all these dots to make it work.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Keep in mind some people only get the Sunday comics and then go back and read last Sunday's comic and then this Sunday's comic and you tell me the weekday guy didn't have to just through hoops to figure out how the hell to connect these. And still the poor Sunday only readers will have no clue how this happened.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

David D. Davidson posted:

I also liketo point out that the reason Peter and MJ are still married in NSM is because Stan Lee took one look at One More Day and went "NOPE, not in my cannon."

Stan Lee probably has no idea that NSM is still a thing. He's probably not had a hand in it in over 20 years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wow. Just wow.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Space Crabs posted:

"He's a Deader?"

Is that some kind of 1920s lingo like when Spiderman was talking about Jameson's "Monthly Tariff" on his property?

Yes. Not sure about '20s in particular, but it is dated parlance.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Manatee Cannon posted:

so is parlance

Why do you think I used it?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Manatee Cannon posted:

yo, spider-man

Hello new thread title.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Stardust's punishments are too weirdly specific to just throw someone into the sun.

I like the one where he turns the bad guys into a bunch of rats and then creates a magical lion to chase and eat them.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

someone awful. posted:

imagine this strip being someone's very first introduction to Newspaper Spider-Man

It probably is, considering this thread got really popular right around the time this story started way back in what feels like 2012 at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It was actually an issue of Amazing Spider-Man featuring Avengers Academy.

• Locked thread