Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

you creep me the gently caress out, dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Jastiger posted:

Ive "won" a few other avatars and all of the changes to the ones I spent money on came within a week or so. That is what gets old.

your posts never get old keep makin em bud

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
NOT :smuggo:

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey thanks ma-...heyyyyyyy.

:mad:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Jastiger posted:

Hey thanks ma-...heyyyyyyy.

:mad:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I like the idea of the probie only forum, we should repurpose FYAD for this application.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I did sex with the OP's mom

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Free aralan

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

thanks for the updates u forgot 2 free gunky so going with a 1 for now

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Jastiger posted:

LadyAmbien had posted a thread asking for some input on some new features and they seemed to be generally well received. A few highlights were:

Probated posters could post in a probate only forum. Everyone can see it, but only probes can post there and no one really wants to go there. Kind of like Ravenholm, in a way.

You could automatically PM a mod regardless of Plat status to ask rules questions and/or probation reasons and the like.

You could see who bought the latest avatars and such for other people.

You could buy account guard or "insurance" for your avatar, account, or plat status that would protect you from some of the auto bans and stuff.

A way to see a threads rating while in the thread BEFORE voting yourself.

A running total of total post votes i.e. "Jastigers average thread rating is 5.0!" or something like that.

Whatever happened to those ideas? Also, I didn't post this in QCS because I want to know who changed my avatar. The long text is obnoxious for everyone and I saved for 6 months for the money to change my av and it barely lasted a week!

Any input from pro SA detectives and any input on those new rules suggestions from other goons?

i imagine less people would buy avatars for other people if they could see who bought them, which would be bad for sales

the thread title auto bans are definitely a weird way to possibly punish someone for being tired or posting on a phone, i agree with you there

average thread rating....idk, really hope this place never becomes reddit

overall i like the account protection idea but the rest seems weird

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its frustrating to purchase something and have it negated throuh no fault or doing of my own. Id have a bigger problem with it if mods were doing it to generate additional revenue and stuff like that.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The mods should remove the 1/8th headphone jack to make room for more innovation.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gnarlyhotep posted:

Gastiger strikes again

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Jastiger posted:

Its frustrating to purchase something and have it negated throuh no fault or doing of my own. Id have a bigger problem with it if mods were doing it to generate additional revenue and stuff like that.

stop being a bad poster
that is your fault

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
mods already did that a while ago when they were changing everyone's avs to a picture of a down's syndrome child with the words "I am a loving human being" and then tons of people had to pay to change their avs back and now the word "human being" is banned in GBS, weird how this site works

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

a bone to pick posted:

mods already did that a while ago when they were changing everyone's avs to a picture of a down's syndrome child with the words "I am a loving human being" and then tons of people had to pay to change their avs back and now the word "human being" is banned in GBS, weird how this site works

maybe instead of a child w/ downs they should have gone w/ a good pet?

you can call it a human being if you want, it's your pet and any name is allowed. my pug is named franklin delano hatecrime, and my other pug is named t-rexcellent. this is allowed

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
it doesn't have to be a pet with downs syndrome although as punishment I guess that makes sense

Maybe you gotta pay extra for that amniotic fluid test before your "pet" is "born" (beneath your name) to avoid a downscat

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Careful, that cat could DMCA you

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Anything to help keep the forums afloat on this fucken rocky sea of life

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Twat le Piss posted:

Careful, that cat could DMCA you

it's a weird kitty but i do like it for some reason, it is kinda gross and wolfish and that's cute :3: apparently it acts a lot like a pupp which rules

i would name my wolfcat the italian "il cazzo" which is pronounced "ugatz" and means "this dick" and is best said grabbing at yourself, down there

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

can we get some mod-enforced gatekeeper art threads, got a hankering for some paintings that could b submitted as evidence in court one day

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Lol dang a lot of goons just got pwnd in this thread

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Gatekeeper is extremely good

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Michaellaneous posted:

stop being a bad poster
that is your fault

I remember now. I forget the guys name, and he got mega mad about the South being bad and vowed to change avatars forever for me and like 3 other posters. That was like a year ago lol.

Lots of Confederates of these forums hiding their colors.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

social vegan posted:

thanks for the updates u forgot 2 free gunky so going with a 1 for now

I thought that Cordon Blu could have been Gunky sneaking back in, but it turns out it was Dare, and he was banned despite keeping a low profile and contributing to threads.

Didn't Tax say he could post as long as he didn't break any rules? :shrug:

Khorne
May 1, 2002

cloofish posted:

Woah :eyepop:

A ban or month probe would be more appropriate, as Vargs said that's excessive.
The feature to not post anymore existed all along. Got 'em.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

Jastiger posted:

I remember now. I forget the guys name, and he got mega mad about the South being bad and vowed to change avatars forever for me and like 3 other posters. That was like a year ago lol.

Lots of Confederates of these forums hiding their colors.

didn't someone bestow upon you the lyrics to i'm a good ol' rebel as a custom title? now every time you make one of your dumbass posts i get the song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

you are the worst poster on gbs, please consider reddit or some other place where you can post earnestly and get upvotes for your feigned rage at the existence of most of the united states, perceived sleights, white privilege, et cetera.

here's a forums feature suggestion: can we contribute to have jastiger permabanned?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Actually, Jastiger is a funny gimmick poster who is maybe not as earnest as you think him to be.

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.
looks like this thread is headed...

...south!

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manticorny posted:

looks like this thread is headed...

...south!

Mods? Serious cyberbullying going on itt.

two forty posted:

didn't someone bestow upon you the lyrics to i'm a good ol' rebel as a custom title? now every time you make one of your dumbass posts i get the song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

you are the worst poster on gbs, please consider reddit or some other place where you can post earnestly and get upvotes for your feigned rage at the existence of most of the united states, perceived sleights, white privilege, et cetera.

here's a forums feature suggestion: can we contribute to have jastiger permabanned?

Lol nice melt down.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe
a tired meme. i'm telling you, you'd fit in great on reddit.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

two forty posted:

a tired meme. i'm telling you, you'd fit in great on reddit.

The fact that you're that mad about my posts (which are actually just once a year and are pretty well sourced) says a lot more about you than it does me.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Ork of Fiction posted:

I thought that Cordon Blu could have been Gunky sneaking back in, but it turns out it was Dare, and he was banned despite keeping a low profile and contributing to threads.

prob but caught a ban immediately for just gunky being gunky

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

notZaar posted:

I like the idea of the probie only forum, we should repurpose FYAD for this application.

People on probation should be temporarily trained to FYAD

Ivor Biggun fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Sep 13, 2016

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

hey jastiger idaho sucks haha owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Ork of Fiction posted:

yeah and within the day Dare hosed up on that

• Locked thread