Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I've been hitting the gym harder than usual the last few months. Starting to see results but I'm not there yet.

Whats your motivation to continue?

My goal is to be able to look into the mirror and seriously say "Would you gently caress me? I'd gently caress me. I'd gently caress me hard"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I want to make fun of fat people

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Vengeance.

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
To sleep with some chick then high-five my bros.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Archer666 posted:

I want to make fun of fat people

This might be my secondary motivation. Not necessarily antagonize them, even online. But it does feel good to feel even more superior than usual to most other people and having a physical example is helpful. I'm already usually the smartest person in the room.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Titties, I think of them long and hard as I work out.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
No one works out for health. It's basically all about sex.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
i get a lot of sex OP

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I don't work out, op.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
i dont want to die.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
jk i work out to keep lookin sexy af :grin:

drans
Sep 1, 2016
Ramrod XTreme
I want to be in a better position when I neg chicky babes

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

Pre-Cambrian Syndrome
Jan 6, 2006

To die a little slower, with an ounce more dignity.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I joined the gym a while back and dropped like 15 pounds in a couple months.

My knees started to hurt a bit and I ended up quitting.

I gained some weight over the summer because I drink too much beer and eat too many chips, I think I may start going back.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Professor Shark posted:

I joined the gym a while back and dropped like 15 pounds in a couple months.

My knees started to hurt a bit and I ended up quitting.

I gained some weight over the summer because I drink too much beer and eat too many chips, I think I may start going back.

do low impact cardio bruh

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I joined a gym nearby as my apartment complex's gym wasn't cutting it anymore. Everything is painted bright rear end yellow but its all brand new and I got 3 months free. Then 19.99/month for a year, no fees. Not bad, my old gym was 9.99/moth but 70 dollar fee every 6 months.

Cigstomper58
Aug 17, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I had shin splints for a few months until I realized the elliptical accomplished the same goal without murdering my knees.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Cigstomper58 posted:

I had shin splints for a few months until I realized the elliptical accomplished the same goal without murdering my knees.

yeah good call my bud.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I broke my arms and cant lift a weight so erry day is leg day.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Smash it Smash hit posted:

I was, just too much of it maybe. It's also possible that I hurt my knees outside of the gym or something.

Whatever, I'll join up again soon I guess

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What? Me worry?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5YqaYtM3QQ

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
im bounding around with my powerful legs while my broken arms flail wildy behind me.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
intense self hatred

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I lost the motivation a while ago. Playing with the idea of joining a local MMA/boxing for strength training and something different then mindlessly using machines.
need to get the weight loss back on track since I've seemed to hit a plateau with diet alone.
:effort:

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I rode 6.5 miles on a bicycle outside today (!)

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shoophobo posted:

I lost the motivation a while ago. Playing with the idea of joining a local MMA/boxing for strength training and something different then mindlessly using machines.
need to get the weight loss back on track since I've seemed to hit a plateau with diet alone.

hmu if you need an in for local BJJ group i know people.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

LegoPirateNinja posted:

intense self hatred

:love: this guy gets it :love:

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

shoophobo posted:

wrestling, its only slightly gayer than mma and wont turn you into a drooling retard like boxing. also farting in your opponents face is a legit strategy.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
Smash, In Charleston? Maybe. There is one literally nextdoor to my work. It's called tick tock. One I was considering around the corner is more general Fitness/Boxing and MMA.

I used to do taekwondo and japanese jiu-jitsu as a kid. I remember enjoying it for the most part until they lost the building and we had to move to a lame rear end church gym and my parents couldn't really afford it anymore.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shoophobo posted:

In Charleston? Maybe. There is one literally nextdoor to my work. It's called tick tock. One I was considering around the corner is more general Fitness/Boxing and MMA.

I used to do taekwondo and japanese jiu-jitsu as a kid. I remember enjoying it for the most part until they lost the building and we had to move to a lame rear end church gym and my parents couldn't really afford it anymore.

yes in chuck town a friend of mine is in one of the dojos whateve4r and he posts about it once or tweice a day lol

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

Fallen Rib
Joining a dojo with a goon via another goon.
Hmm.

I have to get some money poo poo straight first tho.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shoophobo posted:

Joining a dojo with a goon via another goon.
Hmm.

I have to get some money poo poo straight first tho.

hes not a good but definitely a good but idk im sure whatever dojos are good i dont do MMA cause i do other things ( REAL SPORTS )

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
For every workout you don't do, I do 3

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
knowing that some day i'll be able to strangle everyone who wronged me to death

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Best place to meet buff dudes

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Too dysmorphic to live, too damned to die.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
MMOs aren't fun anymore but I still need to see numbers go up and pay a subscription service to something.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

notZaar posted:

MMOs aren't fun anymore but I still need to see numbers go up and pay a subscription service to something.

Did you just solve nerd obesity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I like being healthy

• Locked thread