Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*approaches the mic*

*stares down the audience*

The Nokia N-Gage.

*bows and walks away*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I will field a question, if that is what I need to do. I want to steal this last spot.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I remember playing Call of Duty 2 a long time ago. Between it and the Battlefield series at the time (I don't remember if I was playing 1942 or 2 at the time), I didn't like how quickly you would die in CoD. Always felt like one shot was enough to put you away, whereas Battlefield gave you a second or two before eating it. That said, I enjoyed the single player campaigns enough that I kept up with CoD til right after Modern Warfare. The campaigns were the equivalent of a light read; not too involving but pretty enjoyable to breeze through from set piece to set piece. That nuke going off in MW was still a pretty awesome moment to play through, even though there wasn't a ton of gameplay with it.

As far as the multiplayer experience goes, I mentioned previously that I played a lot of Battlefield so that was my typical go-to for online play. That said, I've never really had too big an issue with the CoD online scene. All the trash talking and focus on competitive play is really no different than FPSes that came before it. If anything, I'd chalk up the changing perceptions of the "CoD crowd" on the increased use of headsets/microphones/webcams. People have faces/voices to attach to most players nowadays, so they act like the more viral antics recorded are unprecedented.

tl;dr Call of Duty isn't my go-to FPS, but it isn't as bad as the internet would have me believe sometimes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Baby Goku posted:

Shinjobi, if I could ask, how do you feel about Bill Cosby being the battlefield goon clans mascot?

Eh, I personally wouldn't roll with it but at the end of the day the internet is free and there are going to be times when you deal with weird stuff. Frankly, it's not that big a deal to me while I video game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Baby Goku posted:

But I mean, kinda weird of them to use the face of a serial rapist in game no?

It's certainly unusual, but is it any worse than the millions of shock images sprays I've seen throughout a trillion games of TF2?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Black Baby Goku posted:

I think it's worse because they were called out on it and acted like bitches about it and refused to change the logo to something better and or funnier.

Long term I think it's a dumb mascot to have because I doubt Cosby is going to magically become a topic worth talking about ever again in good company. Short term, it would at least grab attention for a little bit.

I assume the joke will die in time, or mutate into something worse. But all that means is I just wouldn't join that specific group. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For what it's worth if I don't make the grade I can still try postin in the zone the hard way. Taller mountain to climb, but so long as I love games I know I can find a way. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Congrats to the winners.

I must train my posting more.

• Locked thread