Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Last year's turnout was great. With 10 slots, hell, I expect an even better one. Good luck, everyone!

This, also bump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

*Imp Zone President Black Baby Goku addresses the crowd*

My fellow gamers. The state of our sub forum is cool and good. Our stocks of one liner jokes and eight second youtube links have never been higher. Ironic anime viewing is at all time high. And our Expeditionary Force into the MMO HMO subforum has had astounding success rooting out pedophiles. A big thanks to Chief Justice Eonwe for that one, I'm gonna put his name is for Guild Leader!"

*crowd chuckles*

On a more serious note however, our sub forum is not without challenges. Participation is down. Half of our threads are only a single page. The memes have gotten stale. We can only gawk at that Portal cosplay for so long. We need to get fresh again, and I'm not talking Subway here. *crowd chuckles*. I intend to propose to the Imp Zone council that we accept, without delay, TEN new posters to the subforum.

*gasps from crowd*

This is my bold vision. We must grow the sub forum, or soon posters will be running from this stale material faster than Mario from a bullet bill. This is an artists rendition of the Imp Zone, rendered here as a desert hovel town, should we do nothing.

*flips page on stage presentation easel which has been there the whole time I guess*

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

how many slots are still open?

10. Bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Morning bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bump it up
Until you can feel it
Bump it up
When you don't really need it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Can't anybody just post funny and normal posts

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control Volume posted:

I'll start with what I hate about gaming right now: Theres just too many drat good games out now, I dont have the time to play them all. The creators of myst just released a new game?? holy gently caress! I want to play that, but Im also playing the sh*t out of some civ 5 right now, and civ 6 is just around the corner. Dark souls 3 dlc was announced and I knew right then that it was going to be incredibly epic, and then they surpassed my expectations with a bad rear end snow setting, the best areas of all the from software games. I look at all these awesome games and Im thinking to myself, I want to play them. I want to game.

Good start, gamer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Average Bear posted:

Sorry I'm late guys; this place has as much parking as the Xbox has RAM!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Sekret posted:

I would like to try out for this elite club.

I mostly play MMOs and mobile games. Most recently I've been doing a content tour of Wildstar, and also playing a ton of Monster Hunter Generations.
I did 4 years at DigiPen in the BSCS/GD program, and spend my non-gaming free time working on small Unity games. I also worked as a photoshop monkey at Google for a while, so I tend to do a lot of photomanipulations and dumb avatars etc.

Welp that's my post thanks for reading.

Show us the avs

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Goofus: Yeah, I make avs. Where are they? I dunno, I'll try to dig one up I guess...

Gallant: Hello, everyone. Here are some avatars I have created for all of you as a token of goodwill.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bumpy the Cook

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

Bump. Were halfway there

Whoa-oh, Bumpin' on a prayer

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

THERE ARE EIGHT SPOTS (Bump)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Rafza posted:

just slightly before my time but groovy and that dude looks like he enjoyed what he did so more power to him

Good answer, but I think lyle is the only person in IZ who was actually alive when that movie came out so that's not a prerequisite for liking Talking Heads

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

FAU: It is the fantasy novel appreciation month in the Imp Zone.
Me: *dons bandana with the Kanji for 'Ready to live, Ready to die' written on it and gives a last bow to my giant Yukio Mishima painting*

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Murakami is good, I just read the Mountain Goats guy's book about a hosed up guy who runs a play-by-email RPG and that was good too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Uh-Oh, Bump Comes To Town

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This Is A Large Xbox For Someone With Nothing To Post About

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Chomp8645 posted:

Here is my submission. It's my impression of a No Man's Sky hater...

*extremely tei voice* this thing sucks. i played it for 100 hours and it was entertaining, but actually, its very bad. also it is less of a game than another game even though "game" is not something with differing values and is just a descriptor of a medium. dont play this game, which isnt a full game, that i spent over 4 days playing.

Maybe you should try impersonating a good poster

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The last two pages are full of insanely bad posts, please don't post like that if you're trying out. Bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Last Good Bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

You're getting a non-overwatch avatar?

I made Nick's av and I'm pretty proud of it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

widespread posted:

Depends on a few things: One, if it's LE. Two, if it does more than an amiibo should. And three, if I actually owned a Wii U.

So no, I wouldn't. But I might just on looks alone, assuming it's like... reasonably priced.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lot of weird Games-style posts lately. Don't post like that if you're trying out

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Look, I know, we all love reading the Imp Zone, but the posts aren't fully funded by government grants. In fact, over 70% of the posts are made by users like you. Without your support, the Imp Zone cannot continue to have quality posts.

Lmao. Also bump

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Captain Gordon posted:

Imp zone is really bad you guys, please dont post there.

They like No Mans Sky, lmao

LMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

Next year, let's pick the 108 posters of destiny

Can't wait for Suimpoden

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Congratulations everyone :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Well, it's time to pack it up until next year, but first... Please post the votes. Haha

Black Baby Goku posted:

Post who voted in this thread, please FAU

net cafe scandal posted:

Good batch of recruits this year.

• Locked thread