Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
All mutants all lizards, always tampex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Kramer was really just ahead of his time. Some of these Kramer synopses are just descriptions of New Yorkers today.
"Kramer begins to wear extremely tight jeans"
"Kramer takes advantage of an intern with a nonexistent business"
"Kramer creates a show in his living room, reacting to current events in his life"

If only there were a show set in the current day about wealthy, lazy New Yorkers dealing with nonexistant problems. Maybe mostly starring girls?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

kramer has an emotional breakdown because no one in his writing class likes his poetry

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Really thought we were going to come in here and just type up the synopses of actual Seinfeld episodes.

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
Jerry Seinfeld meets Obama in the SKull and Bones.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013

Batterypowered7 posted:

Really thought we were going to come in here and just type up the synopses of actual Seinfeld episodes.
What's Seinfeld?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

ConstantDelays posted:

What's Seinfeld?

jerry's mother, reading this post, immediately panics and sends him a check for $20

LT56
Sep 9, 2016

by Smythe
They'd run into early prototype social network socialites that enjoyed meeting Shillary very much those couple of times at band camp.

Doctor Discomfort
Jan 4, 2015

Foreskin Problems posted:

He's been on Curb a couple of times since the... unpleasantness.

And rather than ignore the incident they did this instead https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktZde2tEK1Y

mmmm
Jul 26, 2010

hey
you're one of them fancy lads, ain't ya?

Batterypowered7 posted:

it's like watching someone try to start up a car at some interstate rest stop parking lot and the car gently does a couple of loops and then just sort of meanders offroad away into the fields

we should all create our own very Seinfeld now, forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_01VarPZMfU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

MiracleWhale posted:

a laugh track is the audio equivalent of when a friend texts you something that isn't very funny and you respond "lol"
The laugh track is there so you can pretend you're out for a night on the town watching a comedy show with your friends and not sitting alone in your lovely apartment waiting silently for death to free you

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

reallivedinosaur posted:

ive been to plenty of those, it was all a rage to "choose your own toppings" for everything from burgers to pizza. like not just order it, but stand there and point and watch as the person spread the topping out

sometimes i just want a sammich and i dont got the time to walk the guy at subway through it step by step. just make it look like the picture and lemme alone

no no no, you turn the dough, you put on the cheese, the toppings, and you... *clicks with tongue* slide it in the oven

Mange Mite posted:

The laugh track is there so you can pretend you're out for a night on the town watching a comedy show with your friends and not sitting alone in your lovely apartment waiting silently for death to free you

i thought it was a live studio audience

Stinky_Pete fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Sep 13, 2016

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
Guys it *is* possible to be rich and famous and still live a relatively mundane normal life, which is the only hurdle you have to jump to suspend your disbelief on fuckin Seinfeld. He got invited to be on the Tonight Show as part of an episode plot where it was presented as just another normal gig for him, so it's not like they were trying to make him some kind of disingenuous every-man.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

ConstantDelays posted:

What's Seinfeld?

One of the top ten anime of all time.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Batterypowered7 posted:

the OVAs were better

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

Was there ever a Frasier/Seinfeld crossover episode? Maybe throw in a little Northern Exposure too?

GhostFromTheHellz
Sep 13, 2016

by Smythe
I wish they included more 90s anime words like that character name from the Final Fantasy anime movie. A true abilitation of a name, "Deathgyunos".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_Legend_of_the_Crystals

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Batterypowered7 posted:

I think I'd prefer a Totoro as a neighbor

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
my friend bob saccomano

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
What if Seinfeld was set in Minot, North Dakota?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

MiracleWhale posted:

a laugh track is the audio equivalent of when a friend texts you something that isn't very funny and you respond "lol"

Lol

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

MiracleWhale posted:

more like they wait a beat and then text you "lol"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Newman learns that bottles and cans can be refunded in Michigan for ten cents each, but Kramer tells him it's impossible to turn a profit. Newman becomes obsessed with finding a way to make the scheme work.

Jerry accidentally knocks his girlfriend's toothbrush into the toilet, and she uses it before he can tell her. Kramer repaints a 4-lane highway to two extra-wide lanes, intending it to make it more luxurious, but his efforts only result in mass confusion and congestion.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
george had 47 girlfriends in the show :gonk:

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
I am a less classy, sadder George Costanza and I am 10,000 times less successful with women

Not bald though :unsmith:

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

naem posted:

-Wears unfitted too tight jeans and faded solid color button down shirt untucked with "sneakers"
-frizzy permed hair
-never works out ever
-new super hot girlfriend every week

Check out the one where he shaves his chest. The "feld" had been hittin the weights.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Relin posted:

george had 47 girlfriends in the show :gonk:

the most unrealistic part of the show

the most unrealistic part of any shows

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

poisonpill posted:

If only there were a show set in the current day about wealthy, lazy New Yorkers dealing with nonexistant problems. Maybe mostly starring girls?

"Real Housewives" et al. As it turns out "real" people aren't funny. Just abrasive as all gently caress.

Stinky_Pete posted:

no no no, you turn the dough, you put on the cheese, the toppings, and you... *clicks with tongue* slide it in the oven

I have a restaurant like that in my house.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Holy poo poo o'brien

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
this episode was the apex of sitcom television surely it doesn't get better than this?

naem
May 29, 2011

Nutsngum posted:

Check out the one where he shaves his chest. The "feld" had been hittin the weights.

After the early 90's "no one works out but acts like they are awesome for no reason" era everyone got really self conscious and started fake tanning and dying their hair and working out a lot.

Everyone is still rebelling against that late 90's high maintenance thing 20 years later lol

SatansChoice
Sep 14, 2016

by Smythe
Was there ever a Seinfeld that discussed inner city dog fighting and how terrible it is? Or how some dogs are bred to kill and not fight and how major the difference is in cruelty. The soup nazi is big was there an episode that I missed that covered this sufficiently already?

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

SatansChoice posted:

Was there ever a Seinfeld that discussed inner city dog fighting and how terrible it is? Or how some dogs are bred to kill and not fight and how major the difference is in cruelty. The soup nazi is big was there an episode that I missed that covered this sufficiently already?

GEORGE: "Hey Elaine, look at this big brute I got at the pound-- yeah, a real brute. Just a real brute"

ELAINE: "A Schnauzer?? IT'S NOT EVEN FULL GROWN!"

GEORGE: "Of course! The Germans breed all kinds of dogs, Elaine. This is like the swiss army knife of the german dog world-- light, sturdy, good at everything."

ELAINE: "This could NEVER hold its own in a real fight, George-- it'll get torn apart! It couldn't even scare a fly!"

*kramer enters*

KRAMER: "Hey Geo-ahhwahaHHHHHHHHHHHHH" <stumbles backwards>

KRAMER: <lands bottom-first into some pales stacked a few high>

KRAMER: "Well that's a real brute, George!"

*jerry enters, clutching a couple of boxes filled with t-shirts*

JERRY: "Guys, I have a great idea"

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Sep 14, 2016

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

What if a cast member from Seinfeld were still set in his old, racist ways?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Bert Roberge posted:

lol, yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Bert Roberge posted:

I mean saying the word doesn't equate to racism. Even the lynching stuff, he was going for tasteless shocks cause he was frustrated. It was a deplorable thing to say and he deserves 90% of the backlash, but I don't think the guy is honestly racist.

• Locked thread