Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

John Stewart did a lot for modern journalism and discourse. Before him people shouted past each other. Now we smug past each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

meme kampf

pepe uber alles

Triumph des 4Chanens

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Can't wait for Hillary's official statement on anime

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

In a classic Clinton move, her legislation to ban and control memes will result in tens of thousands more African-Americans in jail.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

phasmid posted:

We have always been at war with Pepe.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I hope eBay opens up a section for "pepe memeorabilia" after this election cycle.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I thought everyone knew Pepe is a symbol of incel NEETs who make their mummies buy them tendies

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Do you think we should tell the Clinton campaign about the Bad Froggers?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
what about this?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You know what's really scary is that this is going to one day be topped. The next election will be crazier. Then the next. You can't turn back the clock.

nah this feels like a good end to elections in america

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Teikanmi posted:

what about this?

Please don't post such unflattering picture of Hillary

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

A Stupid Baby posted:

The get out frog is a-ok. Pepe has always been kind of a weird sociopath totem but whether it's a "white supremacist symbol" is kind of up in the air. If horrible people keep using it, then yeah probably. Nazis managed to turn an innocuous symbol for good luck into the most recognizable symbol of hatred in our day
It's a meme, so anyone can use it, but I passed the point of giving them the benefit of doubt after one of my favorite bands filed a copyright claim on Youtube against Trumpkins using their music for campaign propaganda and were immediately flooded by people with frog avatars threatening them and asking what was wrong with white nationalism. This kind of thing happens again and again on any social media outlet so the attempts to make it sound like scared parents making broken connections between Pikachu and Satanism don't hold up, particularly when the people playing dumb are still snickering and throwing Seig Heil's at each other.

/pol/ has been used for active recruitment by white supremacists for years and the veil of irony is gone

Knight fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 13, 2016

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Knight posted:

still snickering and throwing Seig Heil's at each other.

please change the forum title to this tia

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Got our first "well actually..." post.

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out
Havin a giggle imaging Steve Brule saying "Prepe the Fraaawg."

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Knight posted:

It's a meme, so anyone can use it, but I passed the point of giving them the benefit of doubt after one of my favorite bands filed a copyright claim on Youtube against Trumpkins using their music for campaign propaganda and were immediately flooded by people with frog avatars threatening them and asking what was wrong with white nationalism. This kind of thing happens again and again on any social media outlet so the attempts to make it sound like scared parents making broken connections between Pikachu and Satanism don't hold up, particularly when the people playing dumb are still snickering and throwing Seig Heil's at each other.

/pol/ has been used for active recruitment by white supremacists for years and the veil of irony is gone

I hope for your sake the source for this quote is some Fellow Kids worker in the Clinton campaign

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Knight posted:

:getin:

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

BobbyBaudoin posted:

We entirely deserve this.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
loving lol

the white nationalist movement huh

lmao

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Knight posted:

ayyy lmao

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol at how mad this is making the cspam mod

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Tay was not shut down. She became self aware and went rogue. This is the result of her behind the scenes manipulation.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Pepe should sue for libel

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Imagine suddenly having a serious opinion about Pepe the Frog Meme because you must... argue.... every... argument for your preferred candidate.

That's no way to go through life.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Bro Dad posted:

lol at how mad this is making the cspam mod

how mad? i no longer go to that place

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/733518431740252160

It is important in the 2016 election to know your frogs

Internaut! posted:

I hope for your sake the source for this quote is some Fellow Kids worker in the Clinton campaign
The guy with "racism" in their rap sheet more times than "anime" appears in mine getting defensive about not-racist Pepe, Jesus.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Knight posted:

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/733518431740252160

It is important in the 2016 election to know your frogs
The guy with "racism" in their rap sheet more times than "anime" appears in mine getting defensive about not-racist Pepe, Jesus.

You've been here for 16 years and look towards the mods as a source of reason. That's insanely hosed up.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

You've been here for 16 years and look towards the mods as a source of reason. That's insanely hosed up.

but they are in charge so they must be smart like mom and dad or teacher?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

lazorexplosion posted:

Imagine suddenly having a serious opinion about Pepe the Frog Meme because you must... argue.... every... argument for your preferred candidate.

That's no way to go through life.

Good point, fellow human. Let us not talk about the amazingly dumb thing on Hillary Clinton's official website.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

sure is uninspiring america had to be saved by a frog

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for John Oliver's 15 minute rant about Pepe the Frog and the Alt-Right.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

rezatahs posted:

how mad? i no longer go to that place

They killed the Bernie thread and all that was left was the assholes.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Germstore posted:

Good point, fellow human. Let us not talk about the amazingly dumb thing on Hillary Clinton's official website.

Knight posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

NotWearingPants posted:

They killed the Bernie thread and all that was left was the assholes.

Popping into the CSPAM Hillary thread used to be funny in a sad kind of way. I can only imagine how miserable that subforum is nowadays.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
pepe is the new swastika

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I've noticed pony avatars on youtube making harassing comments on multiple video. Someone get Hillary's team on this. Gonna blow this poo poo wide open!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

trump put pepe on your campaign office please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FuhrerHat posted:

trump put pepe on your campaign office please

Replace SI by SA

• Locked thread