Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia twisted a lock of hair around her finger. It was an old gesture, a habit from her distant past, a relic of the girl she once was. Most of her order would have thoroughly purged that sort of behavior, much like most of her order would not be wearing precisely tailored clothing, commissioned with an eye for style. Indeed, the crimson hue and brooch symbol were the only exterior signs the woman hailed from the Mechanicum.

She gazed out the window, dataslate held in her other hand, subtly connected to a concealed port on one of her fingers. Data fed through her cybernetics, displaying statistics on the planet below directly to her vision, presuming she had any available. Then, she stepped forward and spun on her heel, sweeping a bow towards her fellow acolytes.

"As always, we form an interesting group, do we not? Factor Valencia Atalia Conquista de Lucinda at your service." Her voice is pleasant, friendly, and she smiles. "But simply Valencia will do, comrades."

The woman is certainly cheerful for a Techpriest.

pre:
origin: noble born
Career: Tech Priest w/ Magos swapped for Factor of the Lathe

Stats:
Weapon Skill 20 +8 +5 +5 +5=      43
Ballistic Skill 20 +7 +5=         32
Strength 20+10+5+10[gear]=        45
Toughness 20 +12+5+5=             42
Agility 20+15=                    35
Intelligence 20 +16 +5+5=         46
Perception 20 +6=                 26
Willpower 15 +18 +5+5+5=          48
Fellowship 25 +10 +5 +5 +5 +5=    55

15 Wounds

3 fate points

Skills
Charm +10
Common Lore (Tech) +10
Common Lore (Machine Cult) +10
Deceive +10
Diplomacy +10
Disguise
Evaluate
Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) +10
Forbidden Lore (AdMech) +20
Inquiry +10
Interrogation +10
Logic +10
Literacy (int) +10
Medicae +10
Scrutiny
Secret Tongue (Tech) (int)
Security
Speak Language (High Gothic) (int)
Speak Language (Low Gothic) (Int)
Tech-Use +20 (int)

Traits:
Etiquette: You gain a +10 bonus on Charm, Deceive and Scrutiny Tests when dealing with high authority and in formal situations.
Vendetta
Mechanicus Implants
Fabricated Flesh

Talents: 
Melee Weapon Training (primitive)
Basic Weapon Training (Las)
Pistol Training (las)
Electro Graft Use
Peer (Nobility)
Peer (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Sound Constitution [4]
Luminen Charge
Luminen Shock
Luminen Blast
Luminen Shield
Luminen Surge
Luminen Flare
Luminen Barrier
The Flesh Is Weak [4]
Autosanguine
Electrical Succour
Mimic
Two Weapon Wielder [melee]
Ferric Lure
Ferric Summons
Ambidextrous
Melee Weapon Training (power)
Energy Cache
Maglev Grace
Maglev Trancendence
Fearless
Blademaster
Combat Master
Swift Attack
Prosanguine

Implants and Cybernetics:
Enhanced Potentia Coil
Good Bionic Arm
Good Bionic Arm 
Good bionic Legs
Good Concealed Bionic Power Sword (weapon counts as Best) (in left arm)
Good Concealed Bionic Power Sword (weapon counts as Best) (in right arm)

Gear:
Dragon Scale (8 armor all over, includes photo-visor, respirator, and +10 Strength)
Metal staff
knife
glow lamp
data-slate
Mechanicus robes and vestments (Good Quality
Clothing)
1d10 spare parts (power cells, wires, chronometers
etc)
vial of Sacred Machine Oil

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Factor Valencia

She chuckles softly, slightly artificially--a well practiced sound. "I'm not one for failure, personally. The planet will be there when we're done. Most of it, anyway." Valencia did have a good track record with her Inquisitors getting their goals. Still, she had to admit--to herself, if nobody else--a tad concern. Dukovich rather liked bringing down the hammer, and Valencia did not approve. Such a waste of resources--and heretics made excellent test subjects.

Valencia waves a dismissive hand at the proffered beverage. "No, thank you. I prefer more... refined beverages"

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

"'Twould be easier if he were a telepath. I could simply walk up and stab him." She does not elaborate, but it's a fairly easy connection that her extensive modifications make her more or less safe from telepathic effect.But this STC, now. That was interesting.

"I may wish to contact this Manufactorum, Lord Inquisitor. It is possible my expertise may gleam something useful about this allegedly simple knife, and, with no offense meant, I am confident I am better able to extract any relevant information, or fragmentary hints, from the technicians there."

Simple STCs of that sort were not entirely uncommon--she had negotiated more than one's transfer to proper hands, once rather bloodily. But why would a common born psyker want this one in particular? She would have shivered, if she allowed herself such gestures. There was technology of lore built to do quite horrible things, in simple packaging.

"I may be able to analyze the STC itself, if I might be allowed access."

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

She couldn't help but smugly smile as the Inquisitor spoke. "With all due respect, Lord Inquisitor, your colleagues are not properly equipped to analyze this kind of data." It was impolitic, but sometimes the rest of the Imperium needed the reminder. So, down to business then. A fancy knife, ornamental, but the look of it. But wait, what was that? Trash data? Commentary from the designer? That could be valuable... wait. Wait. WAIT.

By the Omnissiah

Valencia stands still. Too still. Then, ever so slowly, she looks up from the display. Taking a step back, she steadies herself, face pale--apparently her augmentations still allow that to happen.

"Lord Inquisitor. Comrades. It is very fortunate I am here." She pauses, not for effect but to retake composure. "The knife is irrelevant. The STC is not. There is, to put it bluntly, part of a second schematic hidden within it. A schematic for..."

She looks around the room. This time, the pause is, partially, for effect. Even in a moment like this, Valencia has an instinctive sense of style. "A machine intelligence." She breathes deeply. "This is heresy most foul, and more importantly incredibly dangerous. I do not know how a man without Mechanicum training recognized it, but I intend to find out. Lord Inquisitor, we cannot allow anyone to complete this STC. Furthermore, we need to recover the original, to be delivered to Mars, for the safety of mankind. And I do mean that. The entirety of the species is in danger."

Valencia gestures to the preacher. "I'll take that drink, now."

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Sep 18, 2016

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia nods to the psyker. "Your concern is wise. This kind of perversion of technology is a grave danger simply existing." She pauses. "Fortunately this is only a portion of the data necessary to construct the vile thing, not a functional example."

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

"Excellent work, Davith." She nods to him. "I admit to relying on auxiliaries for much of my file work."

Valencia coils a lock of hair around her finger. "I wonder. Did this Confessor know what he was hiding, or was he an patsy? I suppose he's dead either way, but I can't help but wonder who is keeping this preserved, or at least hid it in the first place."

It was heresy most foul, after all, and one forbidden archive could lead to more. That would be a very useful find, indeed. More than a few favors could be curried with it.

"Judging by the subject's fascination with this fragment, I fear we must assume the rest of the code is still extant." She narrows her eyes. "It is also conceivable our psyker is not the primary leader of the heresy in the sector--he may have already recreated the intelligence, at which point it would have set about its foul designs."

Now that was an unwelcome thought.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia dug through the Inquisitor's supplies with a different eye than most. Rather than seeking some particularly interesting single object, she looked for components. Then, she claimed herself one of the ship's medbay rooms, and got to tinkering with her own body.

Visually, there wasn't much difference, of course.

Taking a Good Augur Array and Good Synthmuscle

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

John Dyne posted:

Should clarify: you are getting gear, not implants. He might have the synthmuscle but you won't be able to have it installed before you hit planet side.

Darn your eyes! I'll post something new. :<

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valenca has seen melta cannons in far more detail than likely anyone else aboard. They don't form symbols.. That, though, will be a matter to bring up with the psykers once they hit the ground. She doesn't bother to grab a grave chute, instead taking a running leap out of the dying craft. Her clothing flaps in the wind as she angles herself down, then, as the ground starts to get nearer, she spreads her arms.

Yellow lightning crackles around Valencia as her descent rapidly slows. She touches down on her feet, as if she'd barely fallen at all.

Grabbed a D'laku hellgun with a targeter and [to be edited in shortly]

Am using one of my two/six hours uses of Maglev Transcendence to safely descend.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia
"[Accessing the main servitorium could allow us to simply shut down the facility, via my codes." She frowns. "If my codes work. They could easily be older--or more recent--than the set in use here, in which case attempted access could be... highly counter-productive."

She paces. The enemy knew they were coming--or was looking for attackers. That meant they'd been in position for some time, especially if the psyker was right about their ritual site.

"We are pressed for time, and I have little familiarity with sorcerous filth. A proper cannon would take time to recharge its powercells after an attack like that. Is the same true of your kind, psyker, or can the enemy keep throwing power at us?"

Valencia scowls. "Omnissiah blast this interference."

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

"More than your primitive mind could ever comprehend."

She shakes her head. Whatever tricks he was using, she'd find a way through them. Which in this case meant keeping the psyker alive to do her part.

A blade extends from each of Valencia's forearms, power fields crackling to life. Whatever this creature was, it would die. But then, if the /force/ weapon didn't hurt it... Well. Valencia was pretty sure she could take a lot more punishment than her companions.

So she charges, swinging with her blade

Initiative: 1d10+4 6
Melee Attack WS 43 + 10 from best weapon: 1d100 12
damage: 1d10 8 +6 +4 st=18 damage, pen 6

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 14, 2016

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

[bValencia[/b]

Valencia looks down at the...thing she's standing on, the blood on her blades flashing to steam as the power fields pulse. She hops down to the floor, but keeps her blades out, ready to strike again if need be.

"I can interface with machinery in many ways, comrade, but I cannot simply sense its presence beyond the normal methods." The techpriest frowns. "It could be some kind of xenos abomination. A creature craft of flesh but devoid of essential intellect..."

She pauses as Polonia does her thing.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia]

She pokes around in its, but the technology is foreign, and she doesn't have a proper lab. Plus, there's the arcane element to consider, and that is completely outside her realm. "These modifications are horrifying. The polar opposite of the mechanical augmentations we utilize. Even a servitor had more dignity than this... thing.

And then Davith starts babbling. But it's probably not babble--he was right back on the ship, and Valencia has no reason to doubt him now. She stands still for a moment, then suddenly and angrily slams one of her blades into the floor, followed by a horrendous screeching--profanity most foul, in the language of the Mechanicum.

Valencia shakes herself, then returns to a standing position, retracting her blades. She coughs

"This situation has become far worse than we anticipated. This technology cannot be allowed to escape the planet, in any form beyond the records I must carry to the Mechanicum. I am already tempted to advise the Inquisitor simply burn this world, as he has the others."

She shakes her head. "But yet, I am compelled to hunt down the source. Simple destruction could allow some of the taint to escape. We must know how and where this vile machinery was recovered, so that I might send a proper force to..." Valencia trails off.

"Regardless. The path forward, if the base is still to standard plan, would be this way." She points down a corridor. "We cannot afford to wait, Davith. We do not know how fast these abominations can be built, or if there are more ready to go. Any time wasted is time for them to home in on us; no,we must strike as soon as possible, at the heart. Disable the facility."

Roll to figure out the robot thing: 1d100 75
FL: archaeotech is +20, to see if Valencia has any tidbits from the records she's seen

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia listens, shaking her head. "We've got even less of a chance if we stand around snapping at each other." She starts down the hall.

"While this abomination was undoubtedly based on ancient heresy, it was clearly... lesser than the terrors of old." Is that a hint of smugness in her voice, at how easily she disabled it? "We have a job to do, and we willdo it."

The factor flashes a grin. "An enemy that toys with you is a good enemy to have, for he will inevitably underestimate you. I, at least, still have some tricks hidden up my arm."

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia
There is not much to say. Any time spent mincing words is time the foul creature could use channeling his dark power. Valencia does not say a word, simply primes her blades and charges.

Initiative: 1d10+4 7

Melee Attack vs 73: 1d100 58

damage (Pen 6): 1d10+10 13

Esser-Z fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Nov 13, 2016

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

She skids to a halt, the floor dented where she landed. In an instant she's back on her feet, staring cold-eyed at the smug man. Her companions rush straight back into combat, but Valencia hesitates. Part of her job was to look at figures, exchanges of value. Resource allocation was part and parcel of a Factor's interaction with the greater empire.

As was loss. Valencia was a loyal agent of the Adeptus Mechanicus, for the most part, but that did not, necessarily, mean she was entirely in alignment with the greater Imperial view. Psykers disturbed her at a fundamental level, but.... Both the Inquisitor and their quarry were psykers.

And only one of them had devastated almost an entire sector. Valencia had never been a fan of Exterminatus. So much wasted that could instead be reprocessed.

She keeps her blades up, and her shield circuits ready to fire, but she does not charge back into battle. After all, her implants made her mind quite thoroughly unassailable.

"I'll bite. What noble intent could you possess that justifies rebuilding the abominations you seek?" Though her words carry a bite, there's a brief flicker of doubt in Valencia's mind, a spark of what-if, a vision of possibility.

If that degree of technology could be safely recovered, with the heretical machines properly shackled to integrated servitors....

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Her posture, a ready-to-leap stance that should be stressing her muscles, is impossibly still. The red-clad woman listens, intently, neurons whirring*. It sounds... far too plausible, to be honest. They're both psykers, and this one isn't the one that's ruined the sector, at least not in finality.

It's worth a check. And an entry into the Manufactorum core, to check on the technology. Maybe snag a copy of what he's been working with. Just in case. If these soulless creatures do function well against Daamons, well. The Mechanicus had broken many of its own rules--or rather, changed those rules-- over the millenia.

"I'm on board. It's foolish to leave options unexplored, and if he's telling the truth, well. We'd be fools to risk that."

*Unlike so many of her fellows, her brain does not have gears.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

It's not right. Too many of her companions shouldn't be this deep in a holy manufactorum, let alone their target-turned-potential-ally. And yet, it is essential. Valencia does not possess the senses Polonia and the Rogue Trader scout with, but she trusts their reports--it would be foolish not to, and the two of them have no reason to deceive her, or chance to plan a deception. No, their reports corroborate each other, with regards to the dark powers at work.

"Inquisitors are in no way immune to corruption themselves..." She muses idly. "Faith can become twisted, especially when one's mind touches the Warp directly. I can even see how Exterminatus could be turned into a dark ritual..."

She sighs. The Inquisition has its uses, but sometimes it gets so blasted zealous, destroying resources and knowledge that would do much better preserved... and handed over to the Adeptus Mechanicus for proper utilization. And she can't stop thinking about what Daizon said about his men of stone. If the automated weapons truly lack a connection --and thus vulnerability--to the warp... That could be essential to mankind's survival.

"Typically, loyal inquisitors don't consort with unknown beings of immense power. It's rather against their code. Fascinating." She chuckles, suddenly. "If this goes well, I think I'll share a bottle or two of my private stash."

FL: Admech vs 66 for any knowledge Valencia might have about facilities of this sort--maybe she even saw a report on this one at some point--that could be useful http://orokos.com/roll/480338: 1d100 41

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Well. That solved the problem of whether or not to trust Daizon. Unfortunately premature--he might have been useful--but nicely simplifying.

"I don't know who the gently caress you are, but I want you dead."

She charges him, swinging an arm-blade.

initiative: 1d10+3 8

WS [43+charge bonus what I forget]: 1d100 55
damage: 1d10+9 16
should be a hit after the charge bonus, unless he do something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Valencia

Valencia presses a button, and her faceplate slides into position for full battle armor. "I concur." She waits for the thing to be done regenerating--it's clear it's not going to be hurt while transforming, but stays close, and lashes out as soon as she can!

Full sequence of three attacks (two weapons+swift)
vs 43: 1d100 85
vs 43: 1d100 73
vs 43: 1d100 1
Damage: Pen 7: 1d10+15 18
(I need more WS)

pre:
Characteristics: 
WS  43
BS  32
S     45
T     42
Ag    35
Int   46
Per   26
Wil   48
Fel   55

Wounds: 15/15
Fate: 3/3
Armor: 12 all

Skulls:
Dodge
Tech Use +20
Medicae +10

2x Power Swords (total 1d10+15 damage, pen 7, balanced, power field)

• Locked thread