Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Heh. I wouln't know anything about that. Being in the lamp sales industry things are pretty great. Yep - i sure do love it .... a watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Being in the lamp sales industry ............. **kills self**

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
i came in, sat down, turned my monitor on, loaded GBS and read this thread. suffice it to say that my monitor is now off

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

ROFLburger posted:

i came in, sat down, turned my monitor on, loaded GBS and read this thread. suffice it to say that my monitor is now off

turn your monitor on :D

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

one time at work my boss made me use a pool net to fish a giant bloated racoon corpse out of a pond and a bunch of old ladies came up to me and watched

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
I broke about $15,000 of equipment and wasted about $4000 of reagents and chemicals, about twice as much as I was getting paid for my entire 2 month internship.

I also poo poo my pants that day in front of the boss, and I know he noticed.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
One time an app I submitted went live on the Apple App Store about a week earlier than its intended release. The big boss lady said I needed to email Apple support and ask if it had been their mistake or mine. I refused. That day sucked.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I was a loader at UPS and one day during peak season we were there for around 12 hours from 2 in the afternoon until 2 am because we were so backed up with poo poo and then toward the end of it some guy in the area right next to ours got his arm stuck in the belt and it got ripped off and there was blood everywhere. he almost died.

Green Hill Friendzone
Oct 27, 2013

I ate mushrooms 3 hours into an 8 hour shift.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

I assume your workshop is poorly ventilated and you're just trippin on chemical fumes all the time.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
my worst day of work was one day i only made ALOT of money instead of a TON of money selling lamps!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Yesterday was pretty bad. I was really hungover from drinking and watching football all weekend, I almost called in but I hate calling in because of a hangover, so I toughed it out. I was fighting off nausea and trying not to poop my pants knowing everything will be better after lunch. 20 minutes until lunch time I get an email that a projector I had been waiting on had arrived and some guy from another department was there to "help" install it. So, hungover and feeling close to death and having to take a poo poo every ten minutes, I had to forgo my lunch hour in order to ceiling mount a loving projector. Of course everything went wrong and the drat thing fought me the whole time, fatso fogerties from another department just stood around and watched. It took an hour and a half, I was starving but I went home an hour early.

I managed not to poop my pants, that was nice.

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

I'm proud of you

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Loved that day when I was working pro bono home reno's and my 6'4 Polish-Italian, mom house living, 50-year-old boss. Coincidentally a guy with same last name as mine (long-lost Holocaust family we're guessing), decided to call me a Snake for not putting up with a homeowners really angry demeanor. I told her Type 1 Diabetes was worse than her too hard done by Type 2 diabetes attitude and later in the day I walked off the job. He called me at the bus stop asking me to come back, all in all would have been cool to just avoid the entire situation and keep on workin.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
One other perk of working for a lamp emporium is you are your own boss -----> i poop my pants? no supervisor riding my butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

personable decorum posted:

Loved that day when I was working pro bono home reno's and my 6'4 Polish-Italian, mom house living, 50-year-old boss. Coincidentally a guy with same last name as mine (long-lost Holocaust family we're guessing), decided to call me a Snake for not putting up with a homeowners really angry demeanor. I told her Type 1 Diabetes was worse than her too hard done by Type 2 diabetes attitude and later in the day I walked off the job. He called me at the bus stop asking me to come back, all in all would have been cool to just avoid the entire situation and keep on workin.

ever think about slinging lamps?

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

did you poop your pants though?

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
oh god once while playing shuffle board on my yacht I bumped my head and got a bit of the ole amnesia. I thought I was lost, a cast away, didn't help my yacht was named the ss midow. anyway I thought I was the professor from Gilligan's island and worked on making a few coconut radios before my memory came back and I realized I was on the private island I owned cuz I'm awesome and there was a heli pad underground I just had to remember the stupid lagoon folded inward then out to produce my escape, as a lotus blooms . Ha. Ya that aws back in 2012 the last time I thought about working. It was pretty fun, novel, relaxing even, highly recommend it if you can swing the experinec.e

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
one time i was at work and when i went into the supply closet for something i just stared at the cleaning supplies for like an hour while considering the pros and cons of chugging everything that looked toxic

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
eventually i convinced myself that just because they were toxic didn't mean they were necessarily lethal and that i would probably just gently caress up my esophagus

MrWillsauce
Mar 19, 2015

should have butt chugged those bad boys

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Look, Steve, you can go on down to Home Depot or Walmart and pick up any common standing lamp for under $50. But this Dyson is a LED Light that will last for 37 years. I mean Steve, you can eat McDonalds every day and probably be fine, but wouldn't you rather be eating Kobe Beef?

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Smash it Smash hit posted:

ever think about slinging lamps?

No man, I stopped slinging after I got caught by the cops, but if you're suggesting I totally would check it again.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Serious Frolicking posted:

eventually i convinced myself that just because they were toxic didn't mean they were necessarily lethal and that i would probably just gently caress up my esophagus

should get into the lamp game, your life will never be BRIGHTER

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

No man, I stopped slinging after I got caught by the cops, but if you're suggesting I totally would check it out.

hm, cops LOVE my products!

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I LOVE COPS! :D

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I went to my hometown and found my high school bully working at mcdonalds. He was super jacked on roids I didn't recognize him. I ordered just a pack of fries cuz of everything else makes me sick there. He squinted hard at me and tried to intimidate me, but all I could see was how tiny his jewels must be. It wasn't until eric turned his eyes down, and I saw the deep burning shame and envy, the childishness of his greed under all that muscle, It wasn't until he recognized that I didn't recognize him that I knew him.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Tonsured posted:

I went to my hometown and found my high school bully working at mcdonalds. He was super jacked on roids I didn't recognize him. I ordered just a pack of fries cuz of everything else makes me sick there. He squinted hard at me and tried to intimidate me, but all I could see was how tiny his jewels must be. It wasn't until eric turned his eyes down, and I saw the deep burning shame and envy, the childishness of his greed under all that muscle, It wasn't until he recognized that I didn't recognize him that I knew him.

Chuck Tingle is that you?

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
22 hours, no breaks, no lunch, when the previous day was ~16. the following day i just swam in a pool while getting paid so that day was better

worst week was ~90-96 hours

A/V , '''''''''''nuuuuuuufffffffffff saaaaid

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
The worst day of work is always tomorrow.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Frankenstyle posted:

~ Disney's Anastasia ~ is cool as heck and should be played by Camilla Belle aside from all the super terrible matryoshka egg level child bride sex offender stuff they skipped over illustrating.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I'm FLSA exempt, taking this to mean I show up when I feel like it. Which is never. Work is for saps imo

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib

Smash it Smash hit posted:

... a watt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
voted 1

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

~ Disney's Anastasia ~ is cool as heck and should be played by Camilla Belle aside from all the super terrible matryoshka egg level child bride sex offender stuff they skipped over illustrating.

I'm not convinced you're not dare but I like you

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Frankenstyle posted:

Not when you're a lamp salesman !!!!

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

I remember eating alphabet soup on acid one time and I kept almost understanding what the soup was trying to say, but then the point would gently slip just out of reach.

shoophobo
Aug 30, 2013

"shoophobo? more like shittyposter!" :grin:

Fallen Rib
I had a headlight permanently installed in my forehead
you are obsolete op

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

shoophobo posted:

I had a headlight permanently installed in my forehead
you are obsolete op

You mean a head...... Lamp!? :grin:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

One day when I was working as a pharmacy technician, a handsome, muscular guy came up to me and asked for some syringes. "I'm not a junkie," he said. "I just use them to shoot 'roids." I told him that I was sorry, but company policy wouldn't allow me to sell them to anyone who wasn't diabetic.

He then offered to go into the men's room with me and take off all his clothes, so I could examine him and see for myself that he didn't have any tracks from IV drug use. He could tell I was gay, and that I'd find his offer was very tempting. But I apologized again for having to say no, and he left without the syringes.

As I walked back into the pharmacy, my supervisor said, "I saw the way you handled that, and I'm proud of you. I know that was hard for you."

I told her, "yes, and it still is."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

Tractor, trailer, shovel, walled rose garden, 25 tons of horse poo poo

That was my worst four weeks of work actually

• Locked thread