Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kaubocks posted:

I don't want to say "no" for this right away but it's unlikely. I had a friend offer me access to his XB1 account to play Shovel Knight off his account but the downside is I don't own an XB1 or PS4! So getting footage for those two versions would be difficult. I do have a couple friends with current gen consoles but I'll have to bother them to steal their equipment or go set up at their house with my stuff and... eugh, we'll see. I'd like to but it just depends how it works out. 3DS is a definite no because there's no chance I'm plunking down $300~ on a 3DS capture card just for Streetpass Arena. I mean best case scenario there I could record it with my phone.

Man I really hope you can do the XBone exclusive at least because it's legit probably the best of the console-exclusive content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Vicas posted:

This LP got me to remember the DLC exists and I'd never played it and holy ball this owns

it's honestly more fun than the base game imo

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Shovel knight is a good person. Going far above what's necessary just to cheer a random frog up. Also you can't reasonably complain, since you made a pun thread title. :)

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

cant cook creole bream posted:

Shovel knight is a good person. Going far above what's necessary just to cheer a random frog up. Also you can't reasonably complain, since you made a pun thread title. :)

Taken verbatim from a level start message, probably. Besides, that one's an actually good pun. :v:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

ChaosArgate posted:

Taken verbatim from a level start message, probably. Besides, that one's an actually good pun. :v:
Puns are like steaks. They are a rare medium well done.

:v:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Kaubocks posted:

I'm actually not as against Baz as I probably came across though I legitimately am biased against him-- I played a lot of Divekick and he sucked to fight!!

It's okay Kaubocks, I too played a bunch of Divekick and I agree, Baz was infuriating

He's okay here though.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Kaubocks posted:

3DS is a definite no because there's no chance I'm plunking down $300~ on a 3DS capture card just for Streetpass Arena. I mean best case scenario there I could record it with my phone.

This is entirely fair, but there actually is a no-cost way to record off 3DS now, if you have one that's not up to date on its firmware.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Jalathas posted:

This is entirely fair, but there actually is a no-cost way to record off 3DS now, if you have one that's not up to date on its firmware.

My 3DS is sadly very up to date. :(

CannonFodder posted:

Puns are like steaks. They are a rare medium well done.

:v:

:frogout:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
I'm a bit late, but I honestly think that Fighting With All of Our Might is the best track in the game. (Hyper Camelot, of course, being the best remix)

I also really like the Baz, if only because I think he's a pretty funny character.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

thetoughestbean posted:

I'm a bit late, but I honestly think that Fighting With All of Our Might is the best track in the game. (Hyper Camelot, of course, being the best remix)

I also really like the Baz, if only because I think he's a pretty funny character.

You have correct opinions, can confirm.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

After a refreshing long weekend it's time to get back into our adventure with a new video!

Music sheets coming when I get home, etc.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Plague Knight really has the least appropriate name of all the Order of No Quarter.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Samovar posted:

Plague Knight really has the least appropriate name of all the Order of No Quarter.

Why? He looks like a plague doctor.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There's that boss I don't think I'll ever beat.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
If you're addicted to pogo-ing like I am and try to see how long you can go without landing, Plague Knight is a blast (:v:) and a half. If I'm remembering correctly, you can pogo off of his vats, which means you can just zoom around the arena like whoa, especially later in the fight when he starts making many more vats. Plus it's fun to hit him with his own bombs. I can see how this boss would stymie some folks, though.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Okay, unpopular opinion time: the Explodatorium is my least favorite stage in the game, I don't like the music, and Plague Knight himself is a huge pain in the rear end to fight. It's the one part of the game that I dread when I replay the game just because of how tedious it is.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Oh wow, is that how you're supposed to get that music sheet??? I ended up doing a pogo jump into a later item to get it, I had no idea you could get on top from that side. Same with the section with the goo clones and the spider.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

MachuPikacchu posted:

Okay, unpopular opinion time: the Explodatorium is my least favorite stage in the game, I don't like the music, and Plague Knight himself is a huge pain in the rear end to fight. It's the one part of the game that I dread when I replay the game just because of how tedious it is.

Yeah I agree here. The endlessly spawning exploding bomber birds are really annoying.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Yeah, he looks like a plague doctor, but he's obsessed with exploding things.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The Explodatrium has my least favorite track of the game. It's not bad; it's effective at creating a sense of urgency and creates a good sense of place. It's just not musically fun to listen to.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like the music on this stage okay, but I really don't like the level itself. The birds, the destructable floor, the rats with the weird timing to hit...it can get frustrating pretty quickly.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I think the "Strike the Earth" version of the track ("The Science Wizard") is the best track from that album.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Oh, whoops! I got so caught up looking at the new Overwatch items that I forgot to get working on posting the music from the latest video here. Let's rectify that!

29 - Flowers of Antimony
Flasks, beakers, retorts, crucibles, and alembics; what an intriguing hideout!
"Full disclosure: I transcribed this opus from another bard in a faraway land. Brilliant!"

30 - The Vital Vitriol
An explosive encounter with an ether-addled alchemical adversary.
"I was feeling uninspired until Plague Knight threw some kind of potion in my face. When I woke up, the song was somehow finished."

Also, throughout the thread people have been linking to several songs from the arranged Shovel Knight soundtrack. I ended up posting the description to that album a while back but with one section of it cut out, figuring I'd post it after we've heard both of Manami Matsumae's tracks. Well, we just have! On top of those two songs, Manami Matsumae also arranged one of Jake Kaufman's songs for the arranged soundtrack. We haven't gotten to that particular level yet, but at the very least here's what Jake Kaufman (aka Virt) had to say about this opportunity:

Virt posted:

One of the high points in my life is knowing that Manami Matsumae, one of my biggest inspirations and the composer of the ORIGINAL Mega Man soundtrack, actually arranged a song *I* wrote for a game. This is completely surreal, and hard to fathom.

Just thought that was nice. :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Plague Knight and everything about him are super great, I dig the mad scientist interpretation of plague doctors being untrained quacks trying to make a name for themselves

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

vdate posted:

If you're addicted to pogo-ing like I am and try to see how long you can go without landing, Plague Knight is a blast (:v:) and a half. If I'm remembering correctly, you can pogo off of his vats, which means you can just zoom around the arena like whoa, especially later in the fight when he starts making many more vats. Plus it's fun to hit him with his own bombs. I can see how this boss would stymie some folks, though.

Yeah, you definitely can pogo off the vats to great effect. By the time they're blown up you're already too high in the air to care so it's a very easy way to chump Plague Knight.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

It was pointed out earlier, but Plague doctors didn't try to cure things by blowing them up.

Also, I would say I liked P.K.'s music the most; it really fitted with how fast he leaps around the whole arena, like.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Yeah, the thing with Plague Knight isn't that his name and his appearance don't match. It's that his name and appearance have no connection to his abilities whatsoever.

I guess they just thought Alchemist Knight was too clunky a name.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
We don't know how the plague works in that world. Maybe explosions are their version of chemo.These people Shovel Knight mowed down? Doctors who could have saved hundreds.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Plague Knight seeks to create a plague of explosions. Seems fairly straightforward.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Those rats didn't turn green and explosive on their own...

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

it's the boombonic plague!

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
You guys are overthinking this. He's a Plague Knight, not a Plague Doctor. Perhaps he learned how to build bombs as a method of dispersal for the various viruses he was going to infect the world with, but he hasn't gotten around to making any yet so for now he's just blowing dudes up.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

McDragon posted:

it's the boombonic plague!

Boo!

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Plague Knight almost single-handedly ended my low% NG+ run of the game. He's so hard to predict that it's a nightmare fighting him without just pushing through via attrition.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I didn't have a huge amount of trouble the one time I've fought Plague Knight, mostly because of the tried-and-tested "barge through it with the Ichor of Renewal and spamming the Flare Wand in his face" technique.

I guess it's a question of skill - the more skilled you are, the more of a pain Plague Knight becomes relative to the other bosses. Since I have very little skill, he didn't seem like a problem!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
ftfy (For a really long time I thought this acronym means "gently caress this, gently caress you!")

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

ftfy (For a really long time I thought this acronym means "gently caress this, gently caress you!")

I feel it's a valid interpretation.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

I'm glad it's not just me who was assuming that.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

But that's what it means :confused: What do you mean, "thought"?

My favorite quoting acronym is ikr though (incoherent kindergardener rant)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

HenryEx posted:

But that's what it means :confused: What do you mean, "thought"?

My favorite quoting acronym is ikr though (incoherent kindergardener rant)

You usually use it if you slightly change the quote. It stands for "fixed that for you".

• Locked thread