Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well, I hope you're happy Kaubocks, because thanks to this I started playing Shovel Knight again.

God, I'd forgotten how bad I am at the boss fights. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

For what it's worth, I hate Reize because he popped up in the middle of the map after I'd finished a stage without any ichor left, and I had to lose to him like six times to push him back to the point where I could get around him to the King for a refill.

I just have a hard time with his dive kick, because sometimes you can run under it and sometimes you can't and I can't tell the two apart.

(Well, that and the aforementioned ORIGINAL CHARACTER crap.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I like the music on this stage okay, but I really don't like the level itself. The birds, the destructable floor, the rats with the weird timing to hit...it can get frustrating pretty quickly.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, talk to me about "regretting kickstarters" when you've broken the 200 count.

:smithicide:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I've been really bad about using the sub-weapons, myself. I keep forgetting they're there until the boss fight. Hell, I didn't even know what the Alchemy Coin did until Kaubocks showed it off.

I'm glad I've started using them more; wrecking Mole Knight in two seconds with the Dust Knuckles is fun as hell.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The boss rush is where I always get stuck, because for some reason when it comes to the bosses I'm terrible at reading their tells, and I end up completely forgetting the half second wind-up on my attacks.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

grancheater posted:

I... I think he's drinking out of a bomb.

And Treasure Knight has to get the food under his helmet:

I can't gif it myself, but if you watch Propeller Knight, he's swirling his wine in his goblet, too.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Awesome, congrats Kaubocks!

Let's celebrate with a new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRwP0P5j05g

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Dec 2, 2016

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Larryb posted:

Wow, compared to Plague of Shadows (which was still good, don't get me wrong), this practically looks like a brand new game. Definitely looking forward to this one.

That's exactly what it is. In the KS update they said that this is pretty much built from scratch, and will be a prequel where Specter Knight is out recruiting the other members of the Order of No Quarter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Thanks for the great LP of Butt Knight, Kaubuttocks!

• Locked thread