Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015
I think those purple things are barnacles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Has there ever been a Kickstarter offering backer designed characters that haven't been snapped up by people with the most terribly unoriginal OC Don't Steal! bullshit?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Plague Knight seeks to create a plague of explosions. Seems fairly straightforward.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Originally vampires were ghosts. They would drain the life of the living in order to keep their physical form from decaying, but their body would stay in its resting place. Instead their spirit would go out an attack people. Also light wouldn't kill the vampire, although it would weaken and impede it in its hunt for prey.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

goddamn I wish I hadn't just posted because that's two sick info posts in a row

looking forward to the third now that I've posted again, ruining all flow of the thread

As a humorous addendum to my previous post, the signs of vampirism were that a corpse would have a healthy, ruddy complexion, weight gain, hair & nail growth, and blood from their latest meal dripping from the mouth. All of which would be caused by natural decomposition. As the blood settled in the body it would give the skin a darker coloration. Gasses would make the body start to swell up. Hair and nails wouldn't grow, but dehydration of the body caused the skin to tighten around those areas and make them look bigger. And blood would leak out of the body as the blood vessels decayed. So pretty much every corpse that isn't heavily treated will look like a vampire.

Or maybe there are just a lot of them? In the Hellboy comics there's a plot thread about how all of the vampires got together in the 18th century and agreed to hide away because people were so effective at killing them. They still made vampires, but they were all kept asleep until the time was right. Perhaps there's some truth to this? This is getting really off topic though.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Proprats are great, but I think propchinchillas would be cuter.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

bman in 2288 posted:

I'm saddened that you didn't utter "Metal Gear?!". It seemed the most appropriate place to do so.

Woodn't that be "Wooden Gear?!"

Tinker Knight is by far the most adorable boss. Perhaps he's the one putting propellers on the proprats.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

XavierGenisi posted:

Mr. Hat is definitely my favorite of the extra bosses, but I kinda just wish he had some more hats

Sounds like the plot of Shovel Knight 2.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
This was the most adorable boss rush ever.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kaubocks posted:

This was answered a little earlier, but yeah he does. It's part in why I put off showing off armors for so long-- I wanted to time it right so that I could show off the gold armor explicitly so I could get that one line!

Does King Knight only comment on the gold armor?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

C-Euro posted:

I could've sworn you only got a health refill halfway through the refights, or after every other fight. I definitely don't remember getting one after each refight.

Is it tied to difficulty?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
So what exactly is Black Knight's deal? Was he trying to protect Shield Knight from Shovel Knight or vice versa?

I love that most of the Order of No Quarter got to have happy endings after their defeats. Especially Tinker Knight, he's so adorable.

I'd like to see what the changes are in the DLC. If the levels are all the same we don't need to watch them again but I'd like to see how the other characters play.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Did the developers happen to make on of their very informative posts about the cheat codes?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

C-Euro posted:

They really dropped the butt not having it renamed to the Tower of Butt IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Evil Mastermind posted:

Thanks for the great LP of Butt Knight, Kaubuttocks!

What a buttrilliant post Evil Mastermind.

• Locked thread