Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Meis posted:

hmm i wonder if I should play it on keyboard. My controller's dpad isnt great and i dont like analogue controls in platformers usually. Probably because the one I played most as a kid was commander keen for the gameboy color, which this game actually reminds me of a lot in several ways. That's probably why I bought it in the first place. I feel like I'm missing out by not having played more of it.

I played it on keyboard, it worked just fine. Beat the expansion too, but I'm not patient enough to go for the difficult achievements or bonus challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
I think the "Strike the Earth" version of the track ("The Science Wizard") is the best track from that album.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
gently caress that vertical autoscroller. It is an incredibly frustrating section, and it probably resulted in about a solid 10-15% of my deaths in the entire game.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

vdate posted:

I have no idea how this would even work, but I kind of think the DLC I'd want most for this game would be the one where you play it as Shield Knight. (Presumably the villain is the Enchanter or something, I dunno.) Plague Knight controls entirely differently from Shovel Knight (and is genuinely terrifying to play as), and I've no doubt that any Shield Knight DLC might work the same way. Maybe they'd have to change the boss fights and such, but I'd pay money for that.

Interestingly, when asking what characters should get DLC campaigns, the devs left Shield Knight off of that list. They have promised a gender switch mode, but if all they were doing was swapping sprites and text, surely that would have taken less time to do than Plague Knight's campaign, much less that and Spectre Knight. It makes you wonder...

• Locked thread