Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Samovar posted:

Man, I was bad at this game. You defeated him handily.

BTW did they ever make the DLC re. Spectre Knight? I seem to recall that being rumored...

It's in development now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Looper posted:

I understand and largely appreciate your philosophy on level design, but it's not the only philosophy. And I also don't think that screen is bad at all, but it's funny you bring up DKC2 because Gusty Glade and Animal Antics ask far more of the player in a far less forgiving manner (some of the wind triggers in GG are real finicky)

I don't remember Gusty Glade, but Animal Antics is the final level in an optional bonus world. It's not really fair to directly compare it to mainline levels since bonus world levels like in Lost World and Star Road are designed to be both absurdly difficult and more playful in what is allowed. The built in intention is that only a small percentage of players will even see these later worlds and a smaller number of them will actually complete them. For Animal Antics, control snapping bullshit is a feature not a flaw (though I will concede that they may have overdone it).

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Seriously, once you get a hang of how plague knight controls, you will never want to go back to shovel knight. Bouncing around the stages is too much fun. I loved shovel knight, but enjoyed Plague of Shadows twice as much.

• Locked thread