Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Pony: David
Poison: the highschooler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The Australian host always looks so shiny. Do they drop him in a vat of tanning lotion before each challenge?

(Yeah Oz survivor is really good)

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Goddam the CBS website is awful at not spoiling boots.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I just watched episode 9 of Heroes V Villains and dear lord JT is dumb. Yes, giving your immunity idol to the other tribe is a bad idea.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

David and Ken :syoon:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The 3rd tribe twist is cool. The build a new camp because gently caress you twist is not.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Bad theme aside, I like this season so far.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Ty Adam for keeping Ken in.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Sad to see her go but it is interesting that every tribe has flipped on the majority. Should hopefully mean we get some more unpredictable tribals!

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Pinterest Mom posted:

probst's constant "you're drinking soft drinks, kiddo" reminders were so good

This was indeed the best part of the episode.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

David and Ken on the next BvW please

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

drat those 2 episodes were good but I really don't want David's alliance to crumble. :lol: at that Ken close up

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

ApplesandOranges posted:

Singapore, which still has a pretty conservative community. So I'm not even surprised, just disappointed.

It actually was pretty touching and maybe the only generational conversation that hasn't felt forced this season.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Wait hold up, was Will :siren: drinking underage :siren: on the reward?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

yo mamma a Horus posted:

If Will knocked back a few, maybe his doofy confessionals were drunk. :lol:

This makes them so much better

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

yo rear end is grass posted:

"Next time on Survivor!"
*Brief clip of Jeff showing up in the middle of the night with a machete, cut to frenzied scene of people running blindly through the dark jungle as you hear Jeff encouraging them not to run in a sing-song voice.*

We've gone full circle if we're taking cues from Battle Royale.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I know the producers saw it as reality tv gold but I am surprised they let Adam play. His brother basically said his mum was going to pass away. I think I would have just quit at that point.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I want David back :mad:

Though I'm ready for Queen Sandra to win again.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

less laughter posted:

If this were Australian Survivor she'd have won, since she played exactly the same game as that version's most recent winner.

I mean that winner pulled out an insane final immunity challenge win and final tribal performance.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I want the hidden idol in challenge twist to come back but the person that finds it gets caught and their team loses :black101:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I'm pretty lukewarm about the cast but people were down on Wentworth before 2nd Chances and she was great so who knows :shrug:

I really miss when production made a big deal about location. Cambodia had moments of it. The opening was really cool seeing the cast go through Angkor Wat.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

It's frustrating the UK survivor was bad and got converted into I'm A Celebrity which is even worse. I read an article a while back that believed this happened because of how a contestant on he first UK big brother was treated. He got kicked out for violating the voting rules and the tabloids really hated him for manipulating contestants.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Luvcow posted:

*Jeff Probst watches the thread with twinkling eyes* "Ok guys it's time to vote..."

:potg:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I decided to watch Gabon. Really sad when Dan was voted out. He was a constant source of happiness in otherwise shitshow of characters.

That episode with the Not Merge Feast has to be one of the biggest dickmoves by production right? I haven't seen all the seasons but the challenge of balancing a pole on each hand was used for individual immunity in HvV and I'm guessing was planned to in Gabon. The onion alliance were likeable and I can't stand Sugar, Susie, etc.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

xbilkis posted:

drat this is the wrongest opinion of all time

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Teckiwi posted:

For those waiting until a new survivor starts have a look at Hunted(US), a cheesey reality show where teams of 2 have to evade 'authorities'(former army, police etc) for 28 days to win $250k. Rob's supplemental podcasts for the 2 eps have been great so far and the second double ep is a big step up from the pilot.

As for Survivor New Zealand despite being filmed right after the AUS season no airdate has been set. Not listed in the schedule's released so far, April or later.

I watched the first season of Hunted UK but gave up during season 2. How's the US version so far?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I was sold by the first episode. It's extremely dumb and fun.

There was a stand out pair of friends that made the first UK season. They illustrated how insane being on the run can make you.They ended up splitting up but both made it to the end because they were so unpredictable. One of them decides to blends into a village fete by getting a clown facepaint.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Max: Jeff Probst sounds like Kellyanne Conway justifying the theme of this season

https://twitter.com/fymaxwell/status/829387407455686656

Michele: What the gently caress Jeff?

https://twitter.com/meeshfitz/status/829392057781407745

I hope Jeff is forced to bring her back for the all winners season and she wins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Two random slightly connected thoughts for off-season.

Has there ever been any insight how the editors go through the process of editing down footage from 100s of hours into 40 minute episodes? It just seems like an insane task. I know there's the edgic stuff people do with counting confessions etc but I more mean do the editors get notes from Jeff and staff out on location and then storyboard the season before grabbing the footage?

Secondly, I remember Second Chances being criticised after finishing for the uneven airtime of some players even if they made it far or were a threat. Thinking about it now, maybe the editing was wonky because of the tight turnaround time from the vote announcement to filming and then airing.

• Locked thread