Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I followed the last thread and that is as far as I got. Hopefully this one lasts.

But yeah I think Kinzo is suppose to sound pathetic. He is clearly insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So from how I got it.

Krauss (Who was clearly intended to be Claus.) is a failing businessman who is good at most of the steps of his plans except making them last and has poor timing for his ideas.

Eva and Hideyoshi are doing fine business wise. But Hideyoshi's unfamiliarity with the stock market and shareholders is threatening to make him to lose control of his company, unless he gets enough money to quickly get enough stock back.

Rudolf got sued and needs money to reach a settlement.

Rosa appears to have co-signed on a loan and is now in debt.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From where I have seen this to. Maria is heavily implied to some mental development disabilities. I have autism myself and I can't really be truly annoyed by her as I recognize quite a bit of my traits from my younger days in her. (Repeating words, acting younger then she is, obsession with things she interested in. tantrums.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Sep 23, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Double Plus Undead posted:

My prediction for this game: Maria and Kinzo bond over a shared love of black magic, Maria gets the entire fortune, game ends.

Kinzo said earlier he finds Maria appalling to look at. Appearntly despite their shared interests he dislikes his second youngest grandchild.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Fabulousvillain posted:

I think it's possible that Rosa is so violent toward Maria because she sees her own insecurities of herself as a child. Rosa was the youngest sibling under a violent father, and Maria is a youngest cousin(I don't know how old Battler's sister is) of the household. Probably still to early to make this assumption since we are still in the beginning posts, but It doesn't sound like too far of a stretch.

Rosa likely is frustrated. She is a single mother and Krauss implied that she is in debt. According to Rosa when she was lecturing Battler, Maria has no friends and is being bullied in school due to her behavior. All of this does not add up to Rosa being very happy right now in her home life.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

tiistai posted:

As things stand, Krauss is set to succeed the head which would make his family the main one and his siblings' branch families, meaning Jessica would succeed him directly. Being such a patriarchal family, Jessica's husband would eventually be the head after Krauss passes away. Natsuhi's saying that Eva wants to try and take away the main family status from Krauss's family so that George could eventually become the head - had she took her husband's name, she and her family wouldn't be considered to be in line for succession. Jessica marrying now wouldn't change the succession order in any way.

I think.

This is the correct interpretation I believe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I do enjoy speculation. It's a shame I can't cause I followed the old lp. Well I can wait till we get back to that part.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Going for Option 2.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh I so enjoy this speculation. Not that I know the answer ether. My guess would also be he is still in the room

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also the epitaph still seems to be correct. Kanon was sabbed in the chest which matches the 5th twilight and Kinzo has a stake in his head which matches the 4th. Kinzo also died before Kanon. (There can be no debate on this given that Kanon is still alive,)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So yeah it appears the reason Maria is so ok with this is because she believes in the witch and that everyone will be resurrected in the golden land. And in turn everyone will be better and nicer there.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well Battler the one who has been the most physical with her is clearly emotionally distraught. He is trying to hide it, but he is really upset about the deaths as are quite a few other people. They are in a bad mood about all of this are not happy about Maria laughing about the situation and insulting them. If the situation was less serious they could probably be more understanding of Maria.

But I think most people would smack a nine year old that is laughing at the murder of your parents that happened a short while back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
On them asking the wrong questions to Maria. Maria did say what Beatrice looked like this time. Saying she was the same as the portrait.

Pretty much she is not going to be helpful. No matter what they ask.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
removing at request of op.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 13, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ProfessorProf posted:

Please don't explicitly talk about the ending of the game in the LP thread, come on.

I am only at the start of episode 3. Where the last lp left off at. I have no idea about the ending. This is just what I have gotten from osmosis and hearsay. I have really no idea what's going on.

The note from the author pretty much said what I did

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 13, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ProfessorProf posted:

Setting aside whether or not what you heard was accurate, going "I heard that Steve dies at the end" is a dick move even if you only know it from what you've heard other, fully-spoiled people say.

I will remove my comment. Though I don't think what I said is on that level.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 13, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KataraniSword posted:

Which he does, frequently. This entire story so far, from Battler's viewpoint, is flipflopping about whether or not there was a mysterious assailant #19 and how that would or wouldn't work.

Contrast Natsuhi, who was far more proactive with her freaking out in a crisis.

Yeah Battler does seem to be a flip floper. Which for solving a mystery is as he would say "it's useless" (Seriously I think since that debate with Maria in the kitchen he has said that at least once an update.)

In actual speculation. I think the culprit (Assuming there is only one.) has to have faked their death at one point, or else it does not make any sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Elric posted:

Seriously, I think just about anyone would believe in magic when talking to people who had been dead for a long time. I mean holy poo poo.

Well they are in purgatory. Now that they are dead I am guessing this is just how they think the afterlife is. Does not mean magic exists.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KataraniSword posted:

"Ordinary" absinthe. Absinthe will gently caress you up, man. Magical absinthe would probably melt your flesh like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

...maybe that's really what happened to Kinzo.

EDIT: Also, that bubble-wipe effect with Beatrice/Bernkastel teleporting(?) in and out is so hilariously corny.

Bernkastel seems to also do it for no reason and just teleports around the room

Though I have not watched the anime I do like it's opening quite a bit as well.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DA0BbSBUTgLQ

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

resurgam40 posted:

Huh. I missed the description of Kinzo saying he apparently disappears for long periods habitually, and no one seems to know where he goes... Not sure what that means yet, because I don't have any further information, but does that mean he actually disappears from his study, without anyone seeing how?

The bio implies he just leaves and goes for walks without telling anyone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The opening is really good.

Also apparently this was Shannon's fault.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr Pepper posted:

You say that like it's a bad thing. :allears:

90% sure as is that Kinzo likes the servants more then his blood relatives. Dude offered Kanon candy, that's probably more then he's done for any of his sons ever

He was straight up said to be abusive to his kids so I would agree. Even when he gave his kids money for their business he expected it to be payed back.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Sounds a bit like Krauss, or Eva.

But if its Eva she makes a comment that contradicts it right after. Though it may just be because of Witch hunts old translation not being as good as its new one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ProfessorProf posted:

So for the quoted segment, it's Krauss -> Eva -> Jessica?

That makes the most sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For other new people I am curious. Now that the first episode is over what would you say is your impression of the characters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

We're going to reach the end of some episode with everyone alive and look back on episode 1 and say "Can we go back to that? That was the good ending, right?"

These are some seriously terrible people.

I meant more in terms of judging the characters individually. But thanks anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JohnOfOrdo3 posted:

I vaguely recalled getting up to this point in the anime and that's where I left it. I know these breaks are useful for installing normality and character building. But they can be very painful, retelling the same points again and again. Still, thanks up for the heads up Prof.

Well in this case the points are different. We really don't know much about Shannon and George

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's also the kind of post I was hoping to get when I asked the question. :)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

oath2order posted:

Odd, I thought kanon was younger than shannon, who is also 16.

For reference, Jessica is 17, Battler is 18, and George is 22-23ish.

I thought Jessica was also stated to be 18.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Been playing the steam release behind the thread to check out the differences in translation. As I was starting episode 2 I noticed that the blurbs on the episodes state the difficulty of the mystery. The episode 1 prologue states the the difficulty is standard while the episode 2 one states it's extreme. I checked the thread as well to see if the blurbs were there (The old translation uses difficulty is first rate instead of extreme for episode 2 it appears.)

So apparently this episode is going to be harder then the last one to figure out. Given all the involvement of the witch right now I am agreeing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I watched the Rosa and Maria scene in game. If you thought it was uncomfortable reading it. Its even worse listening to it.

Also slight mistake I think this is Krauss's line

"...I'm always sitting on the seat where the losers must sit... my father, my mother, and my siblings, all of them sneer at me... How long is it going to take for me to be set free of this complex... How long..."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I more or less assume that the events taking place up to Beatrice saying the pieces were all set up is the same as last time. We just did not see them happen before.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bman in 2288 posted:

So sometime help me out with understanding Rudolf here: what did his company do that is forcing their hand so? My eyes glaze over when it comes to business talk, that's why I'm still having difficulties.

He's getting sued by a bigger american company. For what does not really matter too much. Appearntly he infringed on their brand or something. Anyway they just got news from their lawyer that another company that was sued under similar pretext as theirs lost their trial using more or less same arguments as they were going to use. This was also not as good as Rudolf felt that other company had a better case then them as well.

Anyway the company suing Rudolf is willing to reach a settlement. Appearntly because there was a shakeup in leadership and they want to get a lot of troublesome stuff over quickly to focus on internal matters. The predicted amount for the settlement is high though not as high as it would be if they lost the trial, but Rudolf's company has not yet reached the step were they will be able to get the money easily. Getting the money needed for the settlement is why Rudolf has teamed up with Eva and Rosa to extort money from Krauss.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mercury Hat posted:

McRudolf's fast food was not prepared for the American market or courts.

Hey Hideyoshi is the one who owns a restaurant chain.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It does seem however that Rosa was not always abusive. It seems she became so as Maria got older, but was fine when she was younger. (Going by the fact she was not like this 6 years ago and George and Jessica implied it was only started a few years ago.) Along with Maria's lack of growing up it also seems that Rosa heavily dislikes the Witch topic. As in this update she implied she would be fine with Maria idolizing a tv heroine or something like that.

On Kyrie and Rosa's meeting. I don't think Kyrie was being coy about anything as I doubt she knows just how unhealthy the relationship is. Lets also not forget Kyrie is also the mother of a daughter who is even younger then Maria so she is pretty familiar with Rosa's situation. ( Though their are quite a few differences like Kyrie having a husband.)

Speaking of Kyrie and Rudolf we now know why he did not want Kyrie talking last episode. He thinks it makes him look weak to his siblings.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I just figured something out in the the first episode while rereading it with a friend

This has nothing to do with the murders and stuff. But it's interesting, it's about Maria's Rose that vanished.
Gohda when he made the lunch dessert for everyone. He said it was inspired by the rose garden and the rose pedals on it had been taken from the garden. Likely he had taken Maria's rose as it had been marked and was withering. He also was not at the scene when the discussion about it happened so he would not have known not to take it.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Jeek posted:

No, I have only watched up to episode 3 of 8 (which was where the last LP end). Still, many thanks for your offer.

Same boat.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bman in 2288 posted:

I get the feeling that this may be foreshadowing into George's character. We've seen a lot of Hideyoshi in him, but that doesn't mean that there isn't any Eva in him. What would happen, you think, if Shannon declined the ring?

Well he does have some Eva in him. He enjoys teasing as shown during his interactions with Shannon/Sayo.

Anyway if was declined I expect he would be upset but try to move past. Similar to how he acted when she was killed in the first arc, but not as bad.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well she also seems to respect Kinzo far more then anyone else on the Island. (After Genji and Nanjo at least.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
She had several creepy faces in that sequences. In fact Prof can we have a video of that sequence.

• Locked thread