Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

oath2order posted:

If we have a video for every time beatrice goes through a string of creepy faces in succession this is just going to slowly become a video lp.

Well this is the first time with all the creepy faces. Also her voice should be super fun to listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

curiousCat posted:

So all of the envelopes found so far are opened, yes?

Actually unless it was with the adults off-screen I don't think Rosa presented her envelope at the dinner like she was suppose to.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ahh what a messed up Witch.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The fact that Rosa was in the chapel the night before is a pretty important thing I would think. None of the other characters saw that. (Well other then us the readers and maybe the version of Battler that's playing against Beatrice.)

Though I feel we need more details first.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Nov 4, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EagerSleeper posted:

I'd love to know if the first series of events are supposed to be true, while the rest are game board versions that Beatrice is using to counter Battler's attempts to find a non-magical explanation. This sort of thing is confusing.

The end of the first episode implied they were events recorded by Maria. So we may be able take anything we saw in the first episode with a grain of salt. Trying to figure out the first episode should still help with figuring everything else out assuming stuff like the culprit is the same, although I honestly don't think we have enough info to solve it beyond speculation. We also can't look for patterns given that it's only the second episode.

tiistai posted:

I guess now is a good time as any to give that a name, now that it's clear there's two "levels" to the story here: the Purgatory and Rokkenjima. To use terminology Beatrice has already been using for a while, you could say that what you see on Rokkenjima here is the game board and the people there are pieces. Beatrice and Battler are watching down on the game board from the Purgatory, so in the fandom that level is colloquially known as the meta.

In other words, when you need to make the distinction, the commonly used names are Meta-Battler and Piece-Battler.

Thanks for this. This makes things easier naming wise.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Nov 4, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Having followed the last LP I knew about the Red and it's a very welcome thing.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Like Clockwork posted:

I really feel that Maria's letter held a key-shaped weight (hell, it could have been a key for another door!), and the envelopes were switched after the fact.

Alternatively, since they're sealed with wax it is possible for an individual to open it without obviously breaking the seal, and the contents themselves were swapped... But that seems a bit too complex for this; that set-up took time, after all. No time for opening and reclosing wax seals.

e: Also I've been waiting for the red to appear. Adds some much-needed info and interesting loopholes to the mix~

Maria's letter could not have had a fake key in it. As Rosa just went and took it from the envelope.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well we know the Red is true. And I think we can trust most things that don't involve blatant magic stuff.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Rosa seems to be more proactive and intelligent then Natshui, but she also seems to be much more suspicious. She also does her questioning in a meaner way.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kanon's new profile is interesting

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

So Jessica had the master key on her. Did Jessica have Jessica's key? If not, where is it?

They should also check and make sure all of the servants have their keys.

Jessica's key was by the bed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

kvx687 posted:

The identity of the killer is obvious now- multiple kills committed by a trusted aide? The culprit is Yasu! I think this might even be a timely reference, when was the Portopia Serial Murder Case released?

Actually Beatrice herself provided a workaround for that- human(?)Beatrice is a nineteenth guest this time around, so Battler's trying to pin this on her.

I have heard of the portopia serial murder case (Old game I believe) though I know nothing about it. Who is Yasu?

Edit: Looked it up. Yasu is your assistant in that game.

Also just noticed that this new translation you are using got rid of Battler's It's Useless, it's all Useless.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Nov 10, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I also thought Prof was using the translation from the steam release which has It's Useless, It's all Useless.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Ah that makes sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait this does not make any sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Gohda is a servant as well. But yeah he does not seem be be as in the know as the others.

Also they really should have picked out that "Kanon" was lying about Rosa. As Rosa has the iron clad alibi of being with a group of people at all times before Jessica's death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

KataraniSword posted:

He's a servant, but as far as I know, only Genji, Shannon, and Kanon have ever been referred to as "furniture". That's... kind of important now that it's been shown to be more than just a derisive, dehumanizing title.

They are also the only servants that have the One winged eagle on them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EagerSleeper posted:

Interesting to note that in the post game roundup, it says that Shannon died on a different twilight than George. Someone has to be faking their deaths here.

Also, are these murders all taking place in a single day? Are twilights supposed to be the individual hours on the clock that we keep seeing?

Shannon, George and Gohda died around the same time. The Twilights were done out of order this round. With people dying earlier then others then having their bodies disfigured after the fact to match up with certain twilights.

Anyway ton of mysteries this time around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

The switch to first person was unexpected. I wonder what it means.

Also, wow, poo poo sure did go down. I'm confused by the profiles saying that the Idiot messed everything up again, because Battler certainly seemed to surrender there. On the other hand Beatrice is a huge jerk so who even knows.

I also wonder what the next chapter is going to feature. I kind of thought meta-Battler vs Beato was going to be a thing for a while, but no, meta-Battler has already lost.

Maybe we will play with Meta Rosa now.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
If I remember correctly from the old thread. Rosa is currently 33. Rudolf is 40, Eva is 50 and Krauss is 52.

Which means that Rosa's siblings were way older then her, at the same time as being cruel to her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ProfessorProf posted:

To my knowledge, the siblings don't have official ages. Rosa's age can be determined to be at least close to 33, though, yeah.

Still if I am right then Krauss and Eva were in their 20's while bullying Rosa. Which is a really lovely thing to do.

Anyway it's kind of amazing just how lovely Rosa's life is.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Nov 24, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So ignoring all magical stuff that we saw can anyone think of a way someone could have done this by human hands.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Oh it's the Italian pronunciation of Beatrice. I really should have picked up on it. Looking at the video's I really should have realized that. It's actually pretty close to correct as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kyrie's approach to questioning Maria is way different then everyone else's has been. Much kinder and gentler. Guessing it's because she has a daughter even younger then Maria and knows how to approach it a bit better.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ProfessorProf posted:

Would the thread like a video of the scene to hear Ronove's dulcet tones in the real world?

Yeah. That would be cool.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking at the conversation. It appears that the 7 Stakes despite the names are not actual demons. Or else the Devils proof thing probably would have been brought up.

Given Asmodeus is also among the 72, I am guessing there is a Asmodeus from the Goetia and the Stake named for him are different beings.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

Also, wow Krauss really is just the worst person with money. The others have money issues for various reasons, but Krauss has just refused to acknowledge that he has money issues. "I made a great decision but it was just too far ahead of the curve". He's not willing to admit he was wrong, so he goes all in on sunk costs and throws good money after bad. I wonder how long it would take him to run out of the hypothetical 20 billion yen, because I bet he would.

Well from the start of episode 2 it appears that Krauss does know he is not good at this. But just pretends he has everything under control.

His siblings and wife acknowledge he has good foresight and head for business inherited from his father. But he admitted that he is unable to believe in his foresight, along with him investing earlier then he should have. As a result he loses money on his investments then he gets scared and sells it off before it starts making money that would have come if he waited a little longer. His siblings also see that he has this problem.

From the first episode he had a solid plan and good foresight that would have made him quite a bit of money until Japan's depression hit and ruined him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Thats fitting.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I will second it. It's nice to get some stuff that is not just Battler and Beatrice.

Also Far is a good song.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Though given what we have seen of him. His niceness towards Natsuhi is kind of out of character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So everyone. Who did you think the first six will be this time around.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I should point out that Kumasawa was around when Beatrice died. Rosa was heavily considering going to her for advice on what to do with Beatrice prior to her death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Kumasawa was said to be a part time employee. Who quit and came back multiple times over many years. She apparently is not too well regarded cause she is a gossip and kind of lazy.

As a part timer she is likely not allowed to wear the crest.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It kind of sounds like Eva but that is just a guess.

Also so yes. Beatrice is a Dante reference for sure now. (So for sure the Italian pronunciation of the name. Which I should have figured out early) Given that the old one has taken the name Virgillia.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

I think the idea that one of them killed the rest and then committed suicide has a lot of merit. For the cause of death if Nanjo can't tell the difference between a bullet wound and a stake wound then frankly I don't trust him knowing cause of death at all, so it could have been a non lethal stab and then poison for the suicide.

There is the possibility Nanjo is an accomplice. Which makes a lot of stuff easier. But honestly this mystery is a bit beyond me.

ProfessorProf posted:

The profile page has been updated. Also, since you're having so much fun with this one, here's a tidbit to tide you over until I finish preparing more updates:

None of the six victims of the first twilight committed suicide.

Oh so is this a Red truth form a upcoming update? This shuts down many theories.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don' think this solvable right now cause the siblings danced around the name of Kinzo beloved hometown. Though I doubt I could solve it anyway.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Maria's name thing might be a hint as Kinzo wanted Rosa to name her something else. I would not be shocked if he disliked her just because of the fact Maria's name relates to the riddle he made.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I played a bit ahead here. So I am going to request a video of the next scene in advance. Cause I like it a lot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ProfessorProf posted:

Do you mean the 'mundane' scene, or the following 'magical' scene?

If I had to pick. Honestly the Mundane one. I just love the discovery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Actually I would not be shocked that the words on the church are important now that it's been brought up again. Like Kinzo's beloved hometown what it says is danced around and we don't learn it.

• Locked thread