Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I will do it. Beatrice sounds her hammiest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doc Hawkins posted:

Battler didn't just stop coming to family reunions, he removed himself from the family registry. What is it with the freak-rear end names Kinzo wanted everyone to have?

It appears they more or less did it on their own. All of the kids seem to be western fans as they were raised that way. Rosa even said she named Maria on her own and went against Kinzo's wishes when she named her that as he did not want her to have that name.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

If I had to speculate wildly, "Battler" is Kyrie's son with Rudolf, who replaced Battler, who was Asumu's son with Rudolf, who died. Which explains why Kyrie can't stand to look at Battler not just because he reminds her of Asumu, but because he thinks Asumu was his mother. Asumu took everything from her twice. I can think of literally no evidence for this beyond this update, but I'm relatively happy with it as a temporary theory.

Though if that were the case, I have no theory as to why Kyrie would agree to give him up.

If this is the solution. It's possible Kyrie did not know. Ruldolf swapping the child so he could keep eating both cakes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

I'd actually forgotten about that. The way I was remembering it, only Asumu got pregnant. But yeah, that potentially gives more meaning to both the PIN and Battler's identity. Do we know how Asumu died? If this were an Agatha Christie novel, she'd definitely have been murdered either by Kyrie or Rudolf, so that they could be together.

Sickness I think. I don't feel like going through the earlier updates to check.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 4, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

lets hang out posted:

With love it's easy to see that Rosa made a second one for Maria because she felt terrible about tearing apart the first. She probably just forgot it on the boat, or maybe left it as a surprise for Maria to find on the return trip.

I going to guess this.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doc Hawkins posted:

I simply disagree. Red statements must be true, blue statements must only be possible and not involve magic. I will not accept undisproven blue statements as the actual truth of the matter merely on the face of their being blue and undisproven.

Then you are ignoring one of the rules of the game.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

EagerSleeper posted:

Natsuhi's cravat thing and Kinzo. What we know for sure is that Kinzo is dead at the start of the murders. Natsuhi's been living in a house that has a dead body in it, and presumably she's one of the people responsible for keeping that secret. I think it's been hard on Natsuhi finding out that the family she's married into are loving occult assholes and are okay with keeping a dead body around for financial reasons.

Would not shock me if it was Natsuhi's idea to keep his death a secret.

Of everyone on the Island she speaks the highest of Kinzo and dislikes any talk bad mouthing him or talking about his death. There was also that scene early on were she talks to Kinzo and he (out of character) praises her, which we now know is a delusion of hers or something because Kinzo was dead already. She kind of seems a tad obsessed with him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 13, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking back at Episode one. Is it possible that Hideyoshi and Eva thought the situation was fake like she and Rosa did at the start of episode 3. Eva and Hideyoshi are very calm during the first episode and Eva says this.

quote:

"The culprit... no, culprits in the plural, would have more than enough weapons in their arsenal if that were the case. You see it, don't you? They had to assault the four in the dining hall and kill them, drag a total of six bodies all the way to the storehouse beyond the rose garden, and scribble that disgusting makeup on their faces. There's no way that a single culprit could carry all of this out on their own, right?"
It was impossible. It might not have been if a single person had enough time, but that would have taken ages.

The main thing I am thinking of is the makeup comment. Which does not make a ton of sense.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

I'm getting very suspicious of all these "<good>"s.

That girl's hair's green. Surely if they were going to give Bern another human form they'd give her blue hair again?

It looks blue to me with a greenish tint from the lighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I brought up earlier that Hideyoshi and Eva might have thought the Murders were fake in episode 1 and were bribed into helping.

• Locked thread