Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

It's nice that Rebels will now have at least 2 Rebel pilots besides the main crew who absolutely can't get smoked every episode. I still feel bad for the El Generico crew members with helmets over their eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyAEfFmeG0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Oh really? What established backstory from the movies is that? In RotJ you see A-Wings and B-Wings and no facts about them. No one on screen says anything about those fighters, they're just there (and barely there in the case of the B-wing).

Rebels Recon. We're getting more Ryloth in the next episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6em1j3nQcSk

I missed those speeder bike SFX. :allears:

I love the "Biggs has checkerboards, Sabine has checkerboards, they should be friends" logic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I like Sabine with regular brown hair.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I liked the "Sabine is the least recognizable of us" line. Yeah, because she wears her helmet! What are the rest of you clowns doing?!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
At least she dyed her hair prior to her big undercover mission. I can't imagine the Empire would be cool with neon hair.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Actually I bet that is her natural hair color. And it looks more black than brown to me.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually I bet that is her natural hair color. And it looks more black than brown to me.

Adjust your TV or monitor then duder.

That's totally brown.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

99.9% of the old EU canon was garbage and I'm glad they're completely ignoring it and starting from scratch.

This episode ruled. Season 3 is really starting strong.

Yeah its been surprisingly solid, every episode has been interesting and engaging with character growth. Plus if the coolest ship in star wars blowing up a bunch of A-wings is somehow making people upset about 'canon' and 'existing backstory' set up by the garbage EU then thats just a bonus.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

you take that back X-Wing and TIE Fighter (and subsequently X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter and X-Wing Alliance) are awesome :colbert:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

The EU is like 90% garbage, this is true. The video games are pretty rad though.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I really hope Wedge shows up in more episodes. And I knew the other guy wouldn't be Fel, because isn't he (more or less) Wedge's age? He wouldn't be a hotshot squint pilot just yet.

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 10, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I really hope Wedge shows up in more episodes. And I knew the other guy wouldn't be Fel, because isn't he (more or less) Wedge's age? He wouldn't be a hotshot squint pilot just yet.

He's a couple years older IIRC. But think of the family drama

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Though Interceptors had no in-cockpit life support?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

TIEs have basic life support now. TIE pilots wear sealed suits for safety reasons.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Galaga Galaxian posted:

TIEs have basic life support now. TIE pilots wear sealed suits for safety reasons.

Also the dehumanising reason, which is why they were supposed to keep the helmets and suits on even on the base, and only refer to each other by number, not name.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

NTRabbit posted:

Also the dehumanising reason, which is why they were supposed to keep the helmets and suits on even on the base, and only refer to each other by number, not name.
Clearly, that's for "security" and certainly not dehumanization.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wedge and Poe are gonna have to fight over who gets to use the "I can fly anything" motto.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Didn't Han say that at one point too?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

banned from Starbucks posted:

Wedge and Poe are gonna have to fight over who gets to use the "I can fly anything" motto.

He who "yub yubs" loses.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
When do we get the episode that brings Porkins into the team?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PassTheRemote posted:

When do we get the episode that brings Porkins into the team?
I think it'd be kinda funny if he just shows up one episode and everyone acts like he's always been there. Or he never gets any actual lines because he's always getting cut off by everyone.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I do like how Hobbie is still ever the pessimist. Just need to bring in Tycho and Janson now and my dreams of young Rogue Squadron can be true.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

I do like how Hobbie is still ever the pessimist. Just need to bring in Tycho and Janson now and my dreams of young Rogue Squadron can be true.

Nope, they're gonna bring back this guy

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I honestly don't know which is worse

This guy has no luck with passport photos.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Nope, they're gonna bring back this guy

have Will Arnett voice him and he'll be a hit :v:

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Good episode, I hope that Interceptor pilot Skerris "aka Imperial Viper" (totally looks like him) shows up more. Though I'm sure plenty of people are crying bloody murder it was Soontir.

I was thinking that he looked like the Tie Interceptor pilot from that Tie Fighter anime short from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

MichiganCubbie posted:

I was thinking that he looked like the Tie Interceptor pilot from that Tie Fighter anime short from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

I haven't seen that before, and good lord that is the most Macross/Gundam thing I've seen in a decade. It's good.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I was hoping Maarek Stele would show up.

Also, a bit predictable this last episode, but still good. I mean, "It's Wedge! It's Hobbie! It's some guy I've never heard of! I wonder if one of them is going to die...."

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Colonial Air Force posted:

I was hoping Maarek Stele would show up.

Also, a bit predictable this last episode, but still good. I mean, "It's Wedge! It's Hobbie! It's some guy I've never heard of! I wonder if one of them is going to die...."

yeah this is how prequels work. jfc.

heres another spoiler: the empire loses and the death stars get blown up.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Yeah that was about as red shirt as you can get in star wars.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Clearly, Wedge and Hobbie had plot armor, but the third guy didn't have to get killed. Or even be there at all.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
is it really plot armor when you keep character alive while telling a story that happens chronologically before their other appearances

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Clearly, Wedge and Hobbie had plot armor, but the third guy didn't have to get killed. Or even be there at all.

He was there just to show how :moreevil: Not-Soontir is.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

EVIL NOONER posted:

is it really plot armor when you keep character alive while telling a story that happens chronologically before their other appearances

Well, it's some kind of armor, anyway.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Well, it's some kind of armor, anyway.

cortosis

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

EVIL NOONER posted:

Yes its absolutely plot armour. You know the plot of this story and the next require this person to survive therefore any action they take is completely without threat or consequence.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

kingcom posted:

Yes its absolutely plot armour. You know the plot of this story and the next require this person to survive therefore any action they take is completely without threat or consequence.

you are very wrong about this, but dont worry about it.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

EVIL NOONER posted:

you are very wrong about this, but dont worry about it.

Plot armour is when a character, as a result of being essential to the plot, is immune to threats to their long term health and safety. I'm not sure what my definition changes about that. When its clear it undercuts threat and consequence for their well-being do you disagree with that? I mean at no point was anyone remotely concerned that hobbie and wedge are going to be hurt. Hell even the episode doesn't really care about what they are doing and its instead focusing on sabine.

kingcom fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 12, 2016

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thrawn is very observant :v

(Hera's Heroes clip)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVst5R1v3cU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

drunkill posted:

Thrawn is very observant :v

(Hera's Heroes clip)
[video type="youtube"]BVst5R1v3cU[/video
Truly, subtle nuances pulled from that art there.

• Locked thread