Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

DancinBrud posted:

Standout episodes focusing on characters created for Rebels include Rise of the Old Masters, Fire Across the Galaxy, Legends of the Lasat.

The longer I sit with Twin Suns, the more I like it, and not just for the samurai duel (side note: the fact that almost everybody here appreciates the duel makes me like this thread even more). Filoni is an outstanding director and he even makes the boilerplate "ship arriving at a planet" scenes look great.

I particularly like that Phoenix Squadron now owns a Sith Infiltrator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Covok posted:

There was setup for the next season: they're going to Yavin IV to join the rest of the Rebel alliance.

This just dawned on me: they need to get them out of Yavin ASAP. It would be majorly stupid if they were on Yavin during the Deathstar thing and didn't help out so, for canon's sake, they need to vacate asap.

They should be heading for Dantooine. A rally point already established in S3, and there's an on-camera line about there being an abandoned rebel base there. Gavin IV will prove to be a better choice for some reason and they relocate there, but it's off to Dantooine next.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They should do it with cut-in footage from the actual movie for the external shots.

It worked for Red and Gold Leader, after all. :v:

They're sure to have saved all the animation files [1]. They can just re-render with the appropriate changes in shaders or whatever.

[1] This isn't WB and Babylon 5.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

AndyElusive posted:

Mining Guild TIE Fighter.

I think that's been the first ever instance of the TIE being used in number by an organization that wasn't The Galactic Empire and it was a cool way to show the Guilds association.

The Guild TIEs were also a very nice tweak on the original design.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

ecureuilmatrix posted:

You can really feel Obi-Wan think and decide in a single moment. "I was giving you a way out of this, Maul. But now action must be taken."

Cue lightsaber noise and blue ambient lighting.

Boss.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

jng2058 posted:

They've gone with the original McQuarrie concept art for anything

...and everything.

One thing I really liked about seasons 2 and 3 was how much the art direction paid homage to Ralph McQuarrie. Almost every long shot of landscape, or a new mechanical design, or one of the characters juxtaposed with something looked somehow McQuarrie-ish. This brings the show back to its origins visually, but also draws inspiration from one of the great concept artists of all time. Steal from the best.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Arrested, but not tortured would be my guess.

Kallus did have the access to see if he was transferred or actually arrested.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Apr 14, 2017

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

drunkill posted:

drat, the show has gotten so good over the seasons so it will be sad to see it going, but at least it won't end unfinished.

And I am confident that Filoni will do something equally awesome next.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

It did, but nowhere near as bad as the chemistry-free romp in the hillside as AotC, or the confusingly unsupported angst of RotS

AotC improves quite a bit if you cut out the frolicking scene. It just shoots the pacing of the film right in the head.

I really like the Banking Clan episode of TCW. It's got a lot of not-terrible Padme stuff, and Anakin shows his dark side. It's good foreshadowing for the end of the Clone War. I wanted to hate the Jar-Jar episodes, but clone troopers weaponizing his incompetence will never not be funny.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

ShineDog posted:

This is a lot of TCW though. Fuckin Maul coming back from the dead with wackass robolegs? Should not have worked.

It's a remarkable creative achievement. His appearances on Rebels were gold. The writing was good, the voice actor killed it, the mo-cap/animation was expressive. Honestly, I'm kinda sorry he's gone.

That's one more Force user off the table before ANH. Who's next ?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

They've had better voice actresses for Leia in the past. This one sounds really off.

That's just honestly poor voice work.

I was wondering what happened to whoever originally owned that dress. Then I remembered.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

Number four:
It's nice that Anakin feels comfortable enough around Yoda and Ahsoka to be rocking that lipstick.

I quite like the music in this one, it's like a DJ spinning the soundtracks to at least two movies and hitting the right segments at the right moment. Just after she Force Pushes that cart, that's music that can still make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

e. I also like that apparently the Padawans patrol Coruscant like lightsaber-weilding Batman.

mllaneza fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 7, 2017

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

Also he rants about Sabine while literally showing clips from the episodes where the writers clearly realised there was a depth issue with her and tried to course-correct and fix it because they're now focusing the show around her (presumably because girls that like Star Wars like the badass Mandalorian chick better than the dweeby emo Jedi boy shockingly)

I was not expecting mom to go for Rebels, but she did and Sabine is her favorite character.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

Season 4 premieres October 16th.

Oh my, that looks very promising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

MichiganCubbie posted:

I'll also accept "The Hidden Empire."

We also want Shadow of the Empire in there, possibly with a crime lord.

• Locked thread