Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A good OP, although you should change that first .gif into a .gifv, it'll load much quicker (being much smaller) by getting rid of the [img] tags around it and add a v to the end of the url.

Season 3 should be good, they're in a good place for the show, plus we have Mads Mikkelsen in Rogue One and Lars Mikkelsen in this, tons of Danish fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Well there is a new trilogy of Thrawn books that Zahn is currently writing, so no doubt they sat down and talked about everything in great detail before he was added to Rebels.
http://www.starwars.com/news/qa-with-timothy-zahn
There was a video at the Celebration reveal too, talking about Zahn and Rebels and Filoni but I'm on mobile and can't find it right now.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Neat promo poster. Thrawn gets his own custom Star Destroyer/paint job too.

Although I'm still not a fan of the Irina Spalko design for Governor Pryce

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Episode is up on WatchDisneyXD.

"Purpleguy! Mandogirl!" Oh Hondo :3:
Straight up darkside stuff from Ezra too

A good episode, looking forward to this season.
E:
MRW I hear Thrawn:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 24, 2016

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The episode guides won't be published until Monday this season it seems. So we have a bit more of a wait. At least the Recon episode went up right after.
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/779859786200338432

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit] That preview... more redblades huh?

I reckon it is Maul. Because to anyone else they'll think inquisitor, not knowing the difference.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Episode guide is up, by the way: http://www.starwars.com/tv-shows/star-wars-rebels/steps-into-shadow-episode-guide

'Thrawn's Arrival' cue is the background music.

"As part of Zeb's new season 3 character model, he has an illustration on his suit of the joopa (Big Bongo) that ate him in season 2."

:3:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah, that all but confirms it.

Decent episode, pacing seemed a little off but it had some good moments.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/783146342331801600

So Gary Whitta wrote this upcoming episode. Lets see if it required re-writes :v

E: New clip
https://youtu.be/E0M2RC5ENLI

drunkill fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 4, 2016

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Thrawn is very observant :v

(Hera's Heroes clip)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVst5R1v3cU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah that is a neat shoutout to Rebels, something small, for the fans. Maybe a mention of Commander Satos rebel cell by someone.

3 more episode titles:
Imperial Supercommandos (airs 11/5)
Iron Squadron (airs 11/19)
The Wynkahthu Job (airs 11/26)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
A pretty good episode, I get the whole 'honour among adversaries' but the ending was a bit silly. Thrawn should have blasted them out of the air, the Y-wings were tracked, no need to let the crew of the Ghost get away and wreck the Empire another day. Also, his ship is now an Arquitans? He got downgraded.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Band of Imperial Brothers netflix miniseries. ~200m budget, tom hanks and ron hiward and brian glazner.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I haven't seen all of the clone wars series but that felt like a nice wrapup episode. Seems like filoni and co. have wanted to do something like that to send off TCW.

Even the end logo and music wasn't from Rebels.

Loved the stormtroopers little chat.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Possibly a little too short to be Dash Rendar.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Week off for Halloween and then another weekend off for Remembrance day. I think there is a solid run of episodes from now until the end of December for a Christmas/new year break and I think that last episode airs the week Rogue One comes out.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The new Dash Rendar is alright too.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
He obviously seduced Mon Mothma (or Dodonna)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I guess we now know why they are called Hammerhead Cruisers.

Also:
"General Syndulla to the briefing room" :kimchi:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It scores at least one TIE kill aa it flys past a window of a command ship.

Ghost is also on the upper left of the landing pad when you first see that on Yavin.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rogue One spoiler (I guess) that has been talked about in this thread already.

(left of screen)

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The episodes are only 20 minutes, watch season 1 as it sets things up. Only a few filler episodes in there and the second half of the season is pretty good and leads into season 2 a bit more.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I could see Cassian Andor appear in th3 show if he is supposed to recruit people for the Alliance. He could easily go on a mission with Pheonix Squadron at sone time.

That trailer owned.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah, these two episodes were not how I excepted them to go down at all. Everybody got a different idea from the trailers.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Rae Sloan is competent and was already captain of a star destroyer before the events of Rebels (when she met Kanan and Hera in 11BBY) she might even be a vice admiral by now, would be neat to have a mention of her sometime though I suppose, or unspoken cameo in some imperial navy meeting.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
And Filoni saying he wished they could have used the K2 model for the droid instead if the episode had of come later in the production cycle.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Someone on reddit painted their Armada miniatures and assembled Pheonix Squadron:

https://imgur.com/a/tvpg1

They just need to add the Hammerhead and Quasar Fire carrier to the game now.

Edit: I just noticed almost all the A-Wing squads are only on 1 health, hah.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 19, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The biggest thing they've done so far (in terms of damaging the empire) is inciting rebellion or unrest. They got that message out which kickstarted a few rebellious cells into working together.

Anyway, this latest episode (Trials of the Darksaber) is fantastic, it had some great imagery. Probably the most well written or thematic episode the show has done yet. Twilight of the Apprentice is still amazing, but it had some pacing issues or silly moments (inquisicopters) but this felt like a complete episode, how it should be. Sure, it has an old master type of cliche for media of this nature but they made it a tight episode. Tons of backstory for Sabine too, with more character development than the last two seasons. And based on the mid season preview that story will no doubt escalate later this season when she meets her clan again on Mandalore.

It was really good. Everything finally came together for the show, story, pacing, animation, music, they kicked a goal with this.

I wonder what Bendu said to Sabine, unless he was just observing

Edit: Also, Chopper confirmed as cat :kimchi:

drunkill fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jan 21, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

enraged_camel posted:

Are season 1 and 2 available for streaming anywhere?

A few European netflix regions but not really anywhere else online other than disneyxd which requires a cable sub anyway.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Good episode, neat to see code cylinders used. Although unless door controls/computers have their own sockets for them the Imperials must bebd over a lot given those sockets are at astromech height.

exmarx posted:

I really like how the star wars universe doesn't have fingerprinting tech

Well, it is a long time ago...

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Is that David Cross?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Scarif has (had) beaches and oceans!

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Chopper Base is on the planet Atollon.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Atollon

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why did chopper get to name the base i missed that episode
The place they were going to set up a base on turned out to be blockaded by the Empire in an ambush. Chopper (and AP-5) found this out by looking at an imperial database. Because that cell would have been wiped out of they tried to go to the other planet they named the base after Chopper on this other unknown world.

Is the gist of it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
That was a pretty cool episode.

Also, MC80 get! Although it is either small or quite far off because the Quasar carrier looks huge compared to it.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think that was a robot hallucination/dream but if not. wow.

Not a bad episode but man it had a lot of 'over telling' going on, kids are pretty smart, they'll get what is happening, don't tell us every step.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The tabletop game Armada is getting two more ships which came from Rebels (and Rogue One too I guess) in the Carrier and Hammerhead:
https://twitter.com/FFGames/status/841773120113508352?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Now we just need it to go the other way and have an Imperial Raider show up in Rebels sometime. Would have made a good enemy back in season 1.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Mar 15, 2017

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a nice ship, but far too high-tier for season 1. Season 1 was about clowning the local garrison and light cruisers, while and starting to provoke the higher-ups enough to require a Special Agent to go take a look-see as to what's going on.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We already have the Arquitens, which is much cooler than that ugly TIE'd up corvette.
The Raider is a bit smaller than the Arquitens, it is a patrol ship so would have been nice thematically to run into them back in season 1, given the Arquitens didn't show up until the end of the season.

Here it is in the X-Wing tabletop game, for comparison of scale to fighters.

Dr Christmas posted:

A cruiser catastrophically exploding because the droid it was monitoring was being shocked is just silly.

I know it's dumb to complain about realism in hacking on TV, but come on.
Yeah. As I was watching I was thinking they'd just be overloading the sensors and wiping the memory banks or something, not detonating the ship somehow.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The very end, while uplifting and nice and the music was great I kind of wish they didn't show it in Rebels, the implication was enough.

Obi-wan changed his stance to that of Qui-gon, this makes Maul try the same move he killed Qui-gon with.

Mauls last words were basically mirroring Quigon's last words.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-kcBKWs3oU

It's like poetry, it rhymes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The MC-75 Profundity from RO was an administrative building launched into space.

Other Mon Cal ships we've seen (home one etc.) have been spaceships.

Then again, underwater buildings/submarines would make good spaceships.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/the-profundity

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 28, 2017

• Locked thread