Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
use this thread to speculate on all sorts of reboots that should be in the pipeline in the next 20 years or so

go ahead and give us a look at the future of cinema! what actors do you think will appear in cherished roles, alternately gutting and stoking the fires of your nostalgia? what beloved plotlines will be rehashed or ground to bits? how will they "reimagine" your favorite action hero?

obviously, Die Hard will be coming soon. will it take place in a palo alto nu-office, and skewer the moneyed hypocrisy of the "democratic elite"??

i think Chris Pratt is a shoe in for Prof. Henry "Indiana" Jones, Jr. he's gonna look swag a.f. in that leather fedora... and expect a winking "m'lady" joke or two for the real fans!

Jurassic Park will probably be next, with David Lynch directing, and Jeff Goldblum this time in the role of the T. Rex. a variety of tumblr celebrities will have cameos as velociraptors.

finally, lest we forget probably the most important moment of the late 80s, Idris Elba will be quipping "I'm too old for this poo poo" in front of a poster for the original Lethal Weapon, garnering much-needed laughs in an otherwise pulse-pounding action thriller about a PTSDd Iraq Vet who just can't live a straight life. opinion is up in the air about who can fill the demented shoes of Sgt. Martin Riggs, but insider sources are looking at Joaquin Phoenix as the right mix of sex appeal and violent psychopathy.

what other radically profitable blockbusters do you think will be hitting a 30-dollars-before-popcorn box office near you??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Real life action Quake, Tribes, Reboot (tv show).

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Inception reboot

DC cinematic Universe reboot

Reboot reboot

2012 reboot

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

personable decorum posted:

I'd be down for a Reboot reboot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Volcott posted:

lol they've been "making one" for literally 6 or so years with no footage

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
A predator remake, from the perspective of the predator.

aliens, but from the perspective of the alien.

godzilla, but from the perspective of godzilla.

lord of the rings from the orcs perspective.

and so on and so forth.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Groundhog day from the perspective of the groundhog

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

mind the walrus posted:

Groundhog day from the perspective of the groundhog

So...

Caddy shack 2?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Das Boot reboot

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
Battleship Potemkin reboot

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Rebootsy Collins

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Kuato posted:

aliens, but from the perspective of the alien.

godzilla, but from the perspective of godzilla.

lord of the rings from the orcs perspective.

and so on and so forth.

There's predator concrete jungle for that first one.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
More hardcore 2d animation

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Captain Kangaroo reboot with Bruce Willis as Cap and Jeff Bridges as Mr. Greenjeans and all they do is smoke weed and get high all day.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Kuato posted:

there should be more movies about the predator imho

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Trading places reboot with Kevin Hart and Jason Bateman

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

whatup dare

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hth posted:

whatup dare

hey caroline please stop stalking

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Shoah 2000

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

pete's dragon reboot is coming out soon

looks like poo poo

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a reboot stamping on a human face - forever.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Tuxedo Gin posted:

pete's dragon reboot is coming out soon

looks like poo poo

It could only be an improvement since the original is just one of the countless mediocre 70s Disney movies that's only remembered favorably because of false nostalgia.

Candleshoe and The Black Hole are awesome. The director of Tron Legacy was going to remake the latter. Probably would have been pretty.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

nomadologique posted:

Jurassic Park will probably be next, with David Lynch directing, and Jeff Goldblum this time in the role of the T. Rex. a variety of tumblr celebrities will have cameos as velociraptors.

They need to make the next jurassic park a heart of darkness/apocalypse now type thing but with dinosaurs. the protagonist finally gets to kurtz only to discover it is jeff goldblum, and he is all hopped up on science ranting about chaos theory and riding around shirtless on the back of a t-rex.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gravity raves on the gyroscope gravity machine @ the ex

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
just so long as theyre gender swapped

naem
May 29, 2011

Aren't we like, out of things?

We're going to have to write actual new stories again pretty soon I mean

naem
May 29, 2011

Like how are we going to be nostalgic about 2016 when its all females of 20 year old stuff

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
accelerando should be a movie and so should various other Charles Stross books but no one gave them a chance

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
As long as they stop rebooting Spiderman, I'll be okay. At this rate, in 10 years there will be more Spiderman actors than James Bond actors.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Confident they'll remake the Star Wars prequels, and Samuel L. Jackson has that benjamin button disease so they can probably just reuse him as Mace Windu.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Maverick movies with mel gibson

mel gibson movies in general

did no one see Get the Gringo

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

mel gibson movies in general

What Women Want (2017) starring Mel Gibson. I don't think that one's gonna happen.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax
miley cyrus stars in a remake of the Hannah Montana movie but this time she's high on drugs

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Sid Vicious posted:

miley cyrus stars in a remake of the Hannah Montana movie but this time she's high on drugs

miley cyrus is the best thing ever its hosed hahahahaha ;-D

i let people get away with murder come on

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a reboot stamping on a human face - forever.

Principals Orifice
Aug 23, 2016

by Lowtax

miley cyrus is the best thing ever its hosed hahahahaha ;-D

i let people get away with murder come on

idk if it's the great av it what but I'm starting to come around to a couple of your accounts dare

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

ProfessorMurder posted:

As long as they stop rebooting Spiderman, I'll be okay. At this rate, in 10 years there will be more Spiderman actors than James Bond actors.

What if we cast all the old James Bond actors as Spiderman?

Boomzilla
Dec 2, 2007

They tried to reboot danger mouse but it didn't work so maybe a gritty live action underdog?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Boomzilla posted:

They tried to reboot danger mouse but it didn't work so maybe a gritty live action underdog?

It's gonna be the Bourne Identity mixed with Wilfred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Volcott posted:

What's preventing you from wanting a Quake or Tribes movie?

• Locked thread