Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This much simpler and to the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

I found myself in a religious discussion with my Mom about the qualities of heaven and hell. She's religious and she was talking about the idea of heaven, and how you'll be with everyone you love again. I went off on this tangent about ego barriers and how heaven is just the casting aside of personal feelings and desires to become part of God's collective will. Hell is the suffering we feel because as humans we all have differing motivations, etc.

Then I realized I was just talking about Evangelion but she was looking at me like I was this deep spiritual person. I just let her keep thinking that.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

An AT Field is basically just an Eva's Stand.

I thought it was like the Ego or something.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
It's the living soul of the mutant monstrosity being held captive as a child's war machine.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

a dog from hell posted:

It's the living soul of the mutant monstrosity being held captive as a child's war machine.

But enough about the Bush administration.

get me HQ!
Jul 28, 2010

Aziz... spark that shit nigga

americong posted:

with logh i hit that point where i'm still enjoying every episode but my fear of commitment prevents me from investing more time

don't be afraid bro. basically it loving owns and the pace is crazy until like 75% of the way through and then it slows down for a while but if you can power through like ~15 not so awesome episodes the ending is strong.

:respek:

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

I'm gonna smoke a bunch of weed and watch nge all day because of this thread

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
You guys ever seen Space Adventure Cobra? That's a good rear end anime. No little kids, just a cool dude with a gun arm and an army of hot chicks.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

thunderchief posted:

don't be afraid bro. basically it loving owns and the pace is crazy until like 75% of the way through and then it slows down for a while but if you can power through like ~15 not so awesome episodes the ending is strong.

:respek:

I made it until they killed of the patriot instead of mr. Space france. :911:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

notZaar posted:

You guys ever seen Space Adventure Cobra? That's a good rear end anime. No little kids, just a cool dude with a gun arm and an army of hot chicks.

space pirate captain harlock is my favorite

the badass 70s tv series, not the dogshit CGI movie that came out a year or two ago

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the badass 70s tv series, not the dogshit CGI movie that came out a year or two ago

Harlock bird is weird, has flamingo problem: I cant understand how its neck supports its head. But the ship owns. Dude is coal rollin in SPACE.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Cobra I think is actually a riff on that show because he starts out looking the same but gets plastic surgery and a more relaxed attitude.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
Night on the galactic railroad is an awesome anime

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Back when I was 14 I watched Fist of the North Star and the whole time I couldn't tell if it was completely retarded or completely awesome. To this day my, opinion of it has not changed.

I wasn't a very sad kid when I was younger so NGE didn't really appeal to me. The way Shinji and Asuka treated each other made me feel bad, and I just kept thinking that if this guy chilled out a little and wasn't such a sad sack about everything he might actually be able to have some fun with the whole situation. I mean yeah, his dad and the corporation he works for are bent on ending humanity and regardless of who gets their way something terrible is going to happen, but all he knows is that he gets to be a robot pilot with 2 cute girls. Chin up, kid. At least the gay angel at the end was nice to him.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Devils Affricate posted:

Back when I was 14 I watched Fist of the North Star and the whole time I couldn't tell if it was completely retarded or completely awesome. To this day my, opinion of it has not changed.

I'll let you in on a secret about Fist of the North Star, it is both completely retarded and completely awesome and these two feed into eachother.

root of all eval
Dec 28, 2002

Devils Affricate posted:

At least the gay angel at the end was nice to him.

Kaworu was clearly the basis for the pansexual movement.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

BossRighteous posted:

Kaworu was clearly the basis for the pansexual movement.

And that episode where Asuka gets sent into the volcano is the basis for inflation fetishism.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

And that episode where Asuka gets sent into the volcano is the basis for inflation fetishism.

I'm glad that occurred to someone else as well.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Devils Affricate posted:

I wasn't a very sad kid when I was younger so NGE didn't really appeal to me. The way Shinji and Asuka treated each other made me feel bad, and I just kept thinking that if this guy chilled out a little and wasn't such a sad sack about everything he might actually be able to have some fun with the whole situation. I mean yeah, his dad and the corporation he works for are bent on ending humanity and regardless of who gets their way something terrible is going to happen, but all he knows is that he gets to be a robot pilot with 2 cute girls. Chin up, kid. At least the gay angel at the end was nice to him.

yeah man i wish i got to live in a dystopia and hang out with anthropomorphic personality disorders and drown in goo so i could mind meld with a giant monster/human clone sounds like a blast

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Fetlife profile
Fetishes:
Inflation
Volcanoes (everything about them)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
It's an anime that combines giant robots fighting with lots of blood and ultraviolence.

Somebody went "I really love giant robots, but I just can't cum if a fight scene doesn't have blood and gore. I know robots can't bleed, but is there any way we could have both?"

And then they did it. There was some psychobabble tossed in to make it sound deep, but that was the seed of the idea.

• Locked thread