Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

OB_Juan posted:

Over/Under on Daisy "Quake" Johnson (aka Skye) rejoining SHIELD set at 4.5 episodes. I'm taking the under.

I'm sure she'll be back on the team by midseason. It really depends on the plot conflict they're setting up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hiddenriverninja posted:

For a second I thought the subtitle was "Ghost Ride the Quip" but as it is its still a good one.

mods please change the title asap

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Seconded

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

mind the walrus posted:

The Venn diagram between the best audience for Agent Carter and the place ABC put Agent Carter--on network television period--looks like Sloth's eyes.

As a SHIELD-related midseason replacement in the exact timeslot as AoS was fine placement. There's really no better slot if you want to get eyes on it, and the Netflix shows have a completely different feel and interconnected meta-universe. Also fewer people watch midseason shows due to holiday schedules anyway.

For me at least, it was that I didn't think Agent Carter got good until late in the first season, and it still didn't get really good until season 2. By then they'd have already lost viewers and wouldn't get returning ones. I'm glad I stuck it out, but I felt the show took too long to start delivering on its premise of "Founders of SHIELD".

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Should've called it "Captain America: Agent Carter". Completely misleading but probably would draw more interest.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Odds on Quake actually getting ghostrode on in the show? :quagmire:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
There's a reason shows take breaks during that time of the year.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I love this show to bits but I would have traded it gladly for another season of galavant.

I hope they don't do the whole cliche 'new boss is a by the book hardass that doesn't know how things work in the real world and exists just to cause conflict with the rest of the cast' thing that shows usually do. I'm not sure why they've brought in a new director (maybe it's hard to utilize coulson properly when he's meant to be the guy that stays behind in the office?) but it would be nice if just once a show could introduce a new boss and have him be a competent person who enjoys the mutual respect of the rest of the team.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I just hope the new person in charge is Wiliam Forsythe channeling Richie Madano in Out for Justice.

Just a complete and utter drug mafia sociopath.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Tree Dude posted:

There's a reason shows take breaks during that time of the year.

Because 22 into 38 is a poor fit? Nothing wrong with debuting a show in winter.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

The Lord Bude posted:

I love this show to bits but I would have traded it gladly for another season of galavant.

I hope they don't do the whole cliche 'new boss is a by the book hardass that doesn't know how things work in the real world and exists just to cause conflict with the rest of the cast' thing that shows usually do. I'm not sure why they've brought in a new director (maybe it's hard to utilize coulson properly when he's meant to be the guy that stays behind in the office?) but it would be nice if just once a show could introduce a new boss and have him be a competent person who enjoys the mutual respect of the rest of the team.

The latter is what they did with the council at the end of s2 (which mysteriously dissolved for whatever reason) although they did play it up like the first one was going to be the case just to screw with expectations. I've got high hopes.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gonz posted:

I just hope the new person in charge is Wiliam Forsythe channeling Richie Madano in Out for Justice.

Just a complete and utter drug mafia sociopath.

Well he is WB's second favorite Batman voice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Lord Bude posted:

This show has done a pretty good job of not having people act like idiots just for the sake of drama or conflict.

They said that SHIELD is going public again, but Coulson couldn't be the face of it because of his death. So they gave that job to someone else and put Coulson back out on the field where he is better. There may be conflict, but I doubt it'll be something very cliched.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
It seems like if they go with the cliche new boss it will:
A. Only last an episode, maybe two, until (Thing) happens to get everyone respecting each other.
B. Get played mostly for laughs.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
It seems like the only people that knew about Phil's death were other Shield agents. The people that have been serving under his command for two or so years. Why couldn't he still lead shield in a public manner?

frgildan fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Sep 19, 2016

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'm gonna go ahead and bet that the new director is an LMD. Something about his facial expression in one of the released stills just seems lifeless and robotic.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

frgildan posted:

It seems like the only people that knew about Phil's death were other Shield agents. The people that have been serving under his command for two or so years. Why couldn't he still lead shield in a public manner?

His death was the catalyst for getting the Avengers to cooperate and I imagine they'd be real pissed to find out Nick Fury lied to them again.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Radio! posted:

His death was the catalyst for getting the Avengers to cooperate and I imagine they'd be real pissed to find out Nick Fury lied to them again.

That was years ago, I'm pretty sure they'd just be happy to hear that their friend is alive, and acknowledge that what Fury did had positive results. If anything, they'd be super pissed that Phil has gone so long without saying anything, it would be pretty awkward when he finally did.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Radio! posted:

Fury didn't technically lie, though. Coulson was totally dead until they pumped him full of magic Kree juice. Sure he's alive now, but it's not like any of the Avengers has directly asked Fury "hey Coulson actually did die, right?"

He's just omitting some details.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

frgildan posted:

They've been wildly inconsistent with it, but his death was, I guess, a matter of public record. Amy Acker seemed to think he was dead when she played The Cellist. There was that whole thing where she couldn't know he was still alive. But mostly, it's not a thing unless the show wants it to be a thing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Serf posted:

Fury didn't technically lie, though. Coulson was totally dead until they pumped him full of magic Kree juice. Sure he's alive now, but it's not like any of the Avengers has directly asked Fury "hey Coulson actually did die, right?"

He's just omitting some details.

"He died, but on the third day he rose again."

Fits with the rest of last season's theme

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Because 22 into 38 is a poor fit? Nothing wrong with debuting a show in winter.

Yeah, but ABC's current trend of mid-season shows to avoid airing repeats was championed by the previous president and he ended up being fired for ABC's slipping ratings. I doubt the new guy will keep that idea going.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Yeah, but ABC's current trend of mid-season shows to avoid airing repeats was championed by the previous president and he ended up being fired for ABC's slipping ratings. I doubt the new guy will keep that idea going.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD will return this April. But starting next week: get ready to fall in love again, with Bachelor All-Stars: Hoboken on ABC.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Serf posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and bet that the new director is an LMD. Something about his facial expression in one of the released stills just seems lifeless and robotic.

They said it was a character from the 40s so it is Jim Hammond

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Outside the box wish?

Claire Voyant aka the original Black Widow

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So, an interesting bit of (this) Ghost Rider trivia is that in his origin story arc the main villain was... Calvin Zabo.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Radio! posted:

I think after the events of Civil War, Tony would kinda shrug it off, he's still really fuckin' pissed at Cap for not telling him about his parents' murder. Cap would probably be annoyed but not particularly surprised considering the amount of other poo poo Fury's kept secret from him.

muscles like this? posted:

So, an interesting bit of (this) Ghost Rider trivia is that in his origin story arc the main villain was... Calvin Zabo.

:allears::allears::allears::allears:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I assume the new director will be White Nick Fury.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They put out some promo pics of the cast and some stills from the first episode. Here's one promo picture.

Fitz is one lucky man.

Rest are here. http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/767359-marvels-agents-of-shield-season-4-portraits#/slide/5

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That's some unflattering light. Everyone looks sick and depressed.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Air is lava! posted:

That's how you can tell it's the future.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008

I'm really happy the loud short-haired agent (Piper?) is back.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Jetfire posted:

From http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2000-10-25

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Jetfire posted:

Briana Venskus was a DEO agent on Supergirl as well. As roles to be typecasted as, 'Government agent who works with superheroes' is pretty cool.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Serf posted:

Based on that, I'm gonna guess the new director is a character on Marvels Agents of SHIELD.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
They couldn't get permission from the film side to use Jim Hammond, so the new Director is actually the MCU version of Marvex the Super-Robot. You heard it here first.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Actually it'll be Richard Hammond and the first part of the season will be test driving flying cars and the best cheap and cheerful helicarrier you can buy for under a billion pounds.

I'd do a joke about S.T.A.R. in a reasonably priced car, but they're DC.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Gorilla Salad posted:

Actually it'll be Richard Hammond and the first part of the season will be test driving flying cars and the best cheap and cheerful helicarrier you can buy for under a billion pounds.

Flying cars are fine, just keep him away from the rocket powered ones.

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Wrong, it's John Hammond and after the collapse of his theme park business he went into government work. But has he truly left his past mistakes behind?

This season introduces Devil Dinosaur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maelstache
Feb 25, 2013

gOTTA gO fAST

Air is lava! posted:

"Okay, you can have any tone you like for your publicity shots, just as long it's a shade of sickly blue or nauseous orange."

• Locked thread