Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Jello pool?
death trap
lunch
what flavor?
danny diveito
View Results

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
gently caress a vortex into the jello so as to breathe, OBVIOUSLY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
I love when a plan comes together

GBS KING :fyadride:

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Doesn't jello have both higher density and greater surface tension than water? Wouldn't that make it easier to remain buoyant?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Moon Atari posted:

Doesn't jello have both higher density and greater surface tension than water? Wouldn't that make it easier to remain buoyant?

These are the questions I need answered!!!!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Moon Atari posted:

Jello isn't a liquid.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

notZaar posted:

Jello isn't a liquid.

*begins nodding*

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Jello isn't a liquid.

Technically glass is a liquid.

You could fill a pool with glass.

And Jello 😁

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Marshall Louis posted:

And Jello 😁

I like the way you think but I only have an endorsement from jello not big lobby glass

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Marshall Louis posted:

And Jello 😁

Its amorphous, you're not going to find any self respecting physicist who classified glass as a fluid.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
What about local co-op glass?

With bubbles and everything that prove it was made by the hardworking indigenous people of wherever? Maybe think of it as Open-Source broken glass...

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Marshall Louis posted:

What about local co-op glass?

With bubbles and everything that prove it was made by the hardworking indigenous people of wherever? Maybe think of it as Open-Source broken glass...

Hm I will get on it but jello want their own pool so that can't be changed

GBS KING :fyadride:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Theres only one way to settle this

We're going to need a public pool and a lot of Jello powder. Smash it go change into your swim trunks.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

Its amorphous, you're not going to find any self respecting physicist who classified glass as a fluid.

You dedinitely won't find them if they go swimming in our jello pool.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLgXnQiZSp4

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

notZaar posted:

Jello isn't a liquid.

It's slightly more solid, meaning when you push against it there is more resistance. That means you will be propelled upwards more efficiently when you push against it (e.g. swim) than you would with water. Think of it in the same way that you can swim in liquid but can't swim in gas. The only problem would be if it is dense enough that you can pierce it by jumping in but are too weak to push against its weight once you are in it, but this seems unlikely based on my experiences with jello.

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I dug out my headphones for this.

:frog:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it would be pretty freaky if you were swimming in a pool full of jello and the jello spontaneously reverted to a bunch of cow hooves

Ren and Stimpire
Oct 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mozi posted:

it would be pretty freaky if you were swimming in a pool full of jello and the jello spontaneously reverted to a bunch of cow hooves

"Hey guys jump in its fine...there's always room for jello ha-ha....what...oh god please help me! Aaaaaaaaahh..."

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

This is not jello

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Marshall Louis posted:

I dug out my headphones for this.

:frog:

we all make mistakes

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

What kind of jello we talking about here. The fruity kind or the old, I think, 1950's kind that had meat and vegetables in it?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Wamdoodle posted:

What kind of jello we talking about here. The fruity kind or the old, I think, 1950's kind that had meat and vegetables in it?

probably the fruity kind cause thats what they make now and i dont want to make my jello sponsors angry

-GBS KING :fyadride:

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Moon Atari posted:

It's slightly more solid, meaning when you push against it there is more resistance. That means you will be propelled upwards more efficiently when you push against it (e.g. swim) than you would with water. Think of it in the same way that you can swim in liquid but can't swim in gas. The only problem would be if it is dense enough that you can pierce it by jumping in but are too weak to push against its weight once you are in it, but this seems unlikely based on my experiences with jello.

im not sure if this is true i think once you are in it the weight of the jello and its surface tension would be too much to push through and get enough inertia to pull yourself out ie you dead

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Smash it Smash hit posted:

probably the fruity kind cause thats what they make now and i dont want to make my jello sponsors angry

Retro is in, now! Bring back the savory jello. It's an idea so crazy, it just might work!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Wamdoodle posted:

Retro is in, now! Bring back the savory jello. It's an idea so crazy, it just might work!

hm i dont know, but thats the kinda maverick attitude that got me on top of the lamp emporium!!!!!!!!!!

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I'm hungry for jello now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
OP I have wondered this exact same loving hypothetical quandary on multiple nonconsecutive occasions and also the same thing but with vaseline and usually I masturbate afterwards ??? We should hang out

• Locked thread