Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Paula Deen?
Paula Deen
Paula Deen
View Results

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

BraveUlysses posted:

What is wrong with this guy? I like his recipes but his delivery is the worst.

I was watching his video.
The one on hot chicken.
And I couldn't get past his cadence.
And I found it rather distracting.
He kept doing it.
And it was very bothersome.
But his recipe looked mostly correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

PhotoKirk posted:

As a Guy Who Was on a Failed Reality Show, they want you to talk like that. Choppy little sentences and raise your voice a bit at the end of each one. Watch Fast and Loud, Richard Rawlings is the best (worst) example of it.

For cooking shows, Two Fat Ladies is my all-time favorite. Just two British ladies cooking recipes that probably used most of the lard and salt imports to the British Isles. No jump cuts, no flashy editing, no wacky challenges or hijinks.

Oh how I miss them. They were awesome.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Croatoan posted:

Anybody watching ATK sans Kimball? It's good, just different. I'm sure the two ladies will work out their chemistry as the season progresses it's just awkward as neither really takes any lead so it like the television equivalent of two people saying "no, after you" over and over at each other.

My wife and I watch it, but we're not super fond of it. We both miss the history parts of some of the recipes (Or is that more of a Cook's Country thing? We watch both and they blend together...). Their chemistry is weird, too. It seems very scripted and heavy handed with their jokes/commentary. I'm hoping it gets better, as we both enjoy the show a great deal.