Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Now watch UH drop into prevent defense and go total clownball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Spacebump posted:

P5 hasn't even been a thing for that long.

Sure there was never a clear delineation from the sec/b10/p12/b12/acc and the rest before the playoff

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Welp

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Yessss fatman6

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Slowest defensive touchdown ever.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

welp, bye bearcats

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
33-16 looks way better to the 95% of voters who will not watch this game

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Fun for awhile Cincy. At least you gave up a safety and a fat guy TD.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tonight is a win-win for me. Either Houston lost and their playoff hopes were over, or Cincinnati lost and I could say, "suck it Tubs."

So... Suck it Tubs.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Final score: Cincy 16 Houston 100

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
40-16 is even better!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I'm sure that Texas State-UConn-Navy gauntlet is going to really gently caress them up not Louisville shut the gently caress up color commentator

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
hahah. Suck it Tubs.

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

:lol::lol::lol:

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

:laffo:

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

how many loving turnovers have there been this game?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Nice fourth quarter, idiots

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

lets go for 3 pick 6s in a row

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

-S- posted:

Sure there was never a clear delineation from the sec/b10/p12/b12/acc and the rest before the playoff

The Big East was a BCS conference that had good years.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Matt Schaub, Cincy QB coach

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

Thanks Tubs -- you destroyed the Tech program and then went to Cincy to slowly destroy that program as well!

woooo,

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Sab0921 posted:

Thanks Tubs -- you destroyed the Tech program and then went to Cincy to slowly destroy that program as well!

woooo,

And what's amazing is that at the end of either this season or next, some other team is going to pay him $$ to make a move that can be justified as lateral, but is really just a step down so he can get out of Cincy before he's fired.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Spacebump posted:

The Big East was a BCS conference that had good years.

Tell me more

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

-S- posted:

Tell me more

The Big East is now known as the American and might be better than the Big 12 for a second year in a row.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

-S- posted:

Tell me more

Miami won national titles out of the Big East.

Sounds made up nowadays

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

Sash! posted:

Miami won national titles out of the Big East.

Sounds made up nowadays

Title, iirc, right around the time the BCS formed. To say there hasn't been a p5 for the past 10-15 years is ludicrous

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
iirc Cincy came within that Texas field goal with one second on the clock against the Suh Huskers of playing in the BCS title game out of the Big East in whatever year that was

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

#picksoutforharambe

What a fuckin game

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 16, 2016

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
That was a really close blowout.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i wish Houston played texas

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Popy posted:

i wish Houston played texas

i dont

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

PostNouveau posted:

I found out the other day they still give out the crystal ball, but now it's branded with the pyramid scheme that sponsors the coaches polls.

Looks like poo poo

You misunderstand. The trophy gives you Diamond Footballtorius status so you already have a built in downline making money for you!

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Surely the final coach's poll will always have the playoff winner in the top spot? So yeah, take the crystal football, ditch the base, and set it on a velvet cushion next to your Dr. Pepper vagina fountain pen.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Apparently, my mom went to school with Rice's head coach. So that's neat.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Well, let's go Rice?

And I think I have to root for Arizona State? Is that how it works after a team beats you bad, you have to root for them to beat the next team just as bad?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Old girlfriends brother plays DT for rice, so I'm double down with the owls pulling the upset.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I actually don't remember the last time Rice hosted a major non-conference game at Rice Stadium (they usually move the Rice leg of the home-and-home or 2-and-1 to Reliant NRG).

Also Rice already lost pretty badly to Western Kentucky and Army so don't expect great things.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Incoherence posted:

I actually don't remember the last time Rice hosted a major non-conference game at Rice Stadium (they usually move the Rice leg of the home-and-home or 2-and-1 to Reliant NRG).

Also Rice already lost pretty badly to Western Kentucky and Army so don't expect great things.

WKU is good! Army is, um, less bad than usual?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Any chance the Arizona game might be better than this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
This doesn't look like a good game.

• Locked thread