Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
no john you are the children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
video games are pretty bad lately. Go paint or play guitar or something

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Is adulting close to adultery?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
25 is the new 15

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Disagreed. There are some pretty fun games out there.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
The misses would like me to play Overwatch, and to some degree my brother tried to get me involved. I have about 2k hours into TF2, but OW doesn't appeal to me.

Every GTA I have played I can make it half way through before I realize ow much I hate GTA, so basically GTA 3,4 and 5.

There are a lot of RPG's I have tried out but I can't get past the intro without falling asleep.

I have FFXV on pre-order for PS4.

Hey what about good RPG's on the 3DS?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Are you in your 30s op? Your brain has probably finally finished maturing and your new worldview has opened your eyes to the fact that videogames are shallow entertainment suited for children or dim witted buffoons.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Are you in your 30s op? Your brain has probably finally finished maturing and your new worldview has opened your eyes to the fact that videogames are shallow entertainment suited for children or dim witted buffoons.

Well into it! I find what you're saying easy to believe given I can't a game that makes me want to play it.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

shoophobo posted:

"adulting" is a horrible word.
voted 1

Same. This thread is horrible too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Video games rule. Books are for dweebs.

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jebediah posted:

What's your theory behind loving games when you're younger and then not finding a single title in Steam's vast library that can hold your attention past the 2hour refund time limit at 25+ (for reference I am 35)? I would say it's "less time, adulting takes over blah blah" but I have more free time now that I ever have.

Maybe you shouldn't play bad games then.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

I don't play games as much either but I still like them if they're good.

Recent games I liked;

Overwatch was fun to play with goons. I'm bored of it now though probably wont return for a good while

DOOM was a great singleplayer shooter. I played on the hardest difficulty that was available for a first timer and the game felt challenging without feeling like BS. Most other FPS get this so wrong, theyre usually way too easy. DOOM just had straight up better gameplay than most other shooters i've played in years. Double jumping over a skeleton man with rocketlaunchers on his shoulders so you can chainsaw the summoner behind it beats "hide behind wall or box and shoot at braindead soldierguy until he falls over, repeat for an entire game" that other shooters offer up these days

Doom 2016 is cool as gently caress

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

op i got like two hours of sleep last night and today i hate EVERYTHING

so maybe try to sleep more and video games will be fun again

firebeats
May 8, 2016
quake is p good, op

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Jebediah posted:

Well into it! I find what you're saying easy to believe given I can't a game that makes me want to play it.

It happened to me too, just a natural part of life.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
gofd drat quake is good. somehow i got to tyool 2016 without ever playing quake 1 and hint: its still great

play w the soundtrack and without fancy graphics and poo poo. software rendering or bust pal

firebeats
May 8, 2016

nigga crab pollock posted:

gofd drat quake is good. somehow i got to tyool 2016 without ever playing quake 1 and hint: its still great

play w the soundtrack and without fancy graphics and poo poo. software rendering or bust pal

a good post

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!
I bought the new Star Wars Battlefront yesterday and now I hate videogames too

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

notZaar posted:

I don't think the issue is necessarily with the medium itself. The problem is that right now developers are almost exclusively catering to the needs of hyperactive gamers who want non-stop action and easy to comprehend plot points. I also thought that I had grown out of gaming but over time I've come to realize that it's actually the lack of mature, deep gaming experiences that's the problem. Thankfully we're seeing a resurgence of old school devs coming back to create the kinds of experiences that made gaming exciting in the first place.

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
there's also the fact that console ruined gaming

DadWilly
Jul 1, 2003

I bought doom 2016 what felt like a couple months ago and I only started playing a couple of days ago because i couldn't drum up the effort until then. Now I've played and only just got the chainsaw because I keep getting bored and turning it off.

I've been playing and appreciating games since I was 3 years old. It's my hobby. Now I think I'm dying.

What do I do if this doom fix hasn't worked?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

play a doom

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ColoradoCleric posted:

there's also the fact that console ruined gaming
imo the ps3/wii/360 generation was when video games became noticeably worse. all the mid-sized game companies were either bought out by bigger companies or went bankrupt, so everything became halo knockoffs

at least doom is trying to clean up the mess

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005
just play adult games, op, duh

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Safetyland posted:

I bought doom 2016 what felt like a couple months ago and I only started playing a couple of days ago because i couldn't drum up the effort until then. Now I've played and only just got the chainsaw because I keep getting bored and turning it off.

I've been playing and appreciating games since I was 3 years old. It's my hobby. Now I think I'm dying.

What do I do if this doom fix hasn't worked?

suck farts out of my gay rear end in a top hat

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Spidder posted:

just play adult games, op, duh

Taxes 2: the deduction adjustment.

Need for Speed Limit: petition the court council for better enforcement

Jury Duty Rebooted

firebeats
May 8, 2016

im gaye posted:

play a doom

another good post

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Jebediah posted:

The misses would like me to play Overwatch, and to some degree my brother tried to get me involved. I have about 2k hours into TF2, but OW doesn't appeal to me.

Every GTA I have played I can make it half way through before I realize ow much I hate GTA, so basically GTA 3,4 and 5.

There are a lot of RPG's I have tried out but I can't get past the intro without falling asleep.

I have FFXV on pre-order for PS4.

Hey what about good RPG's on the 3DS?

nice job not replying to my post you literal turd, if you don't like overwatch go check out the overwatch clone that just hit steam and is free

PALADINS

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like video games

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

good news it turns out ur brain doesn't finish maturing until you're 45! enjoy your games, children

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
They were good in the '80s when they were just a fun thing you did on the weekends sometimes and not a deeply committed lifestyle choice for hopeless human garbage.

See also: weed, anime.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Bimmi posted:

They were good in the '80s when they were just a fun thing you did on the weekends sometimes and not a deeply committed lifestyle choice for hopeless human garbage.

See also: weed, anime.

You being a teen in 1984 did not make balloon fight a fun or good game

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i like board games too and sometimes I play video game version of board games with my friends

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Celluloid Sam posted:

i like board games too and sometimes I play video game version of board games with my friends

Hey aren't you that goon who managed to have a baby now? Amazing!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Don Tacorleone posted:

Hey aren't you that goon who managed to have a baby now? Amazing!

yeah he's really cute

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

ikanreed posted:

You being a teen in 1984 did not make balloon fight a fun or good game

I will take your word that whatever the gently caress that is was not in fact fun or good, but the jig was up by 1984 anyhow.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
the last game system i owned was a ps2

Good Grief
Sep 18, 2016

by Smythe

redm posted:

the last game system i owned was a ps2

u should buy a new pc and make it good u loser

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i really liked silent hill 2, I bought a ps2 si I could play it. I had a recording studio in my basement and id chill in there with all the lights off and it was so dark and quiet and the game would scare the everfucking poo poo out of me

But silent hill 3 was not as good :(

Oh and Vice City, I def had fun with that for a while.

Haven't played any video games since then....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Grief
Sep 18, 2016

by Smythe
haha nooblet play midair with The Pumpkin King and I

• Locked thread