Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

mind the walrus posted:

The older I get the less bullshit I tolerate in games, which sucks because games that want to be about "stories" and "atmosphere" mistake that for "slow constipated pooping."

Bitches look at Silent Hill-- you get one 2 minute cutscene then you're off to the races. Fatal Frame 2 as well. Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 3, and even Metal Gear Solid 2 all throw you right into the action relatively early before making you sit through their infamous lengthy bullshit.

So when I start up your game on a legit cool subject like, a woman unfairly confined to a sanitarium and I'm stuck reading flavor-text notes and wandering aimlessly for the first hour or so.... well gently caress that noise. Triply so if the game does that Half-Life thing where it locks you the gently caress in a room to listen to expository/plot movement dialogue. You pull that poo poo to me before I've been spooked or done something fun even once, I'm turning your game off.

Still better than that Amnesia/Outlast "ooh you're 100% powerless and a monster is stalking you" crap. Bitch I've got oil and fire on-hand if nothing else you're telling me I've got zero options?

I started playing Metal Gear Solid V THE BEST GAME YET IN THE SERIES yesterday

3 hours of cutscenes later I'm finally let loose upon the Afghan desert to kill guards, boy let me tell you that epic movie intro was worth it... NOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Doom 2016 is the best shooter since doom 2 though

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

thathonkey posted:

ive tried playing a bunch of games recently and the only ones ive managed to get into were gta v (beat it, played it again) and mgs v phantom pain (havent quite beaten it yet but kinda gave up).

everything else ... fallout 4, bloodborne, far cry 4 ... havent really done it for me I'm a huge prick

Give doom2016 a shot, I was in your situation and it solved all my problems

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Zzulu posted:

I don't play games as much either but I still like them if they're good.

Recent games I liked;

Overwatch was fun to play with goons. I'm bored of it now though probably wont return for a good while

DOOM was a great singleplayer shooter. I played on the hardest difficulty that was available for a first timer and the game felt challenging without feeling like BS. Most other FPS get this so wrong, theyre usually way too easy. DOOM just had straight up better gameplay than most other shooters i've played in years. Double jumping over a skeleton man with rocketlaunchers on his shoulders so you can chainsaw the summoner behind it beats "hide behind wall or box and shoot at braindead soldierguy until he falls over, repeat for an entire game" that other shooters offer up these days

Doom 2016 is cool as gently caress

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Celluloid Sam posted:

i like board games too and sometimes I play video game version of board games with my friends

Hey aren't you that goon who managed to have a baby now? Amazing!

• Locked thread