Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
It's a much funnier, more clever take on hamlet than lion king imo. Yeah, I know. Controversial opinion alert. On a related note, I'm gay.

https://youtu.be/3vgwGpzPstM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
rave culture really warped some ppls brains with strobe lights so they find making good things bad funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPP-_FNJis

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I like She's the Man

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I think the Big Lebwoski is a good movie, I'll fight every single one of you pieces of poo poo if you disagree. :argh:

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

personable decorum posted:

rave culture really warped some ppls brains with strobe lights so they find making good things bad funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPP-_FNJis

I am so filled with regret that I clicked that. Thanks rear end in a top hat.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

mdm posted:

I like She's the Man

is fun its too bad u and drew never call me man wtf

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Kuato posted:

I think the Big Lebwoski is a good movie, I'll fight every single one of you pieces of poo poo if you disagree. :argh:

Is there a human being alive that hates the big lebowski? I doubt it.

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
ohh clock tower man so rear end in a top hat

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
scissorman

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Nathilus posted:

Is there a human being alive that hates the big lebowski? I doubt it.

not irl I don't think

But there was a funny running gag on that "preacher" show where this oirish vampire hates it and complains about it a lot and normally id be like "whaaaattttt????" But it's ok bc it's funny on this silly fuckin show

Also OP, rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead is very good, I'm a big fan. the antisemitism is problematic ofc but problems aren't inherently bad they can be good like that problem good will hunting solved that made his whole life better so who's to say antisemitism is not good??

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
u and i r from different families mine just deals with blood then crypto urs is crypto then blood u see?

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Gatekeeper posted:

not irl I don't think

But there was a funny running gag on that "preacher" show where this oirish vampire hates it and complains about it a lot and normally id be like "whaaaattttt????" But it's ok bc it's funny on this silly fuckin show

Also OP, rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead is very good, I'm a big fan. the antisemitism is problematic ofc but problems aren't inherently bad they can be good like that problem good will hunting solved that made his whole life better so who's to say antisemitism is not good??

Cassidy or w/e the bipire's name is, is a jerk anyway. Is the show any good? I like the comic.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Nathilus posted:

Cassidy or w/e the bipire's name is, is a jerk anyway. Is the show any good? I like the comic.

I never read the comic, and from what I've heard the show is VErY different from the comic, but yeah, heck yeah, it's good. The love interest character lady took a while to become a decent character but otherwise I think it's great, funny and violent and clever and some incredible performances. The dude who plays the preacher is great, the vampire is especially great, the guy who played rorschach plays the quincannon meat guy and he was phenomenal, the angel guys were brilliant, it's absolutely worth watching if you have a chance. One of the best new shows I've seen in a few years, like I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the next season

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
smuggling guns through police checkpoints

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Gatekeeper posted:

I never read the comic, and from what I've heard the show is VErY different from the comic, but yeah, heck yeah, it's good. The love interest character lady took a while to become a decent character but otherwise I think it's great, funny and violent and clever and some incredible performances. The dude who plays the preacher is great, the vampire is especially great, the guy who played rorschach plays the quincannon meat guy and he was phenomenal, the angel guys were brilliant, it's absolutely worth watching if you have a chance. One of the best new shows I've seen in a few years, like I'm honestly looking forward to seeing the next season

Well drat, that is pretty glowing. Gonna have to check it out.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

It has occasional slow parts that I'd imagine would have been frustrating watching week to week but if you're binging it, I bet you'll really enjoy it.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Gatekeeper posted:

It has occasional slow parts that I'd imagine would have been frustrating watching week to week but if you're binging it, I bet you'll really enjoy it.

I prefer binging shows anyway.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kuato posted:

Why don't you look in the mirror to see a REAL PIECE OF poo poo, dick?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i like this movie as well it's not too pretentious but it's also pretty insightful, also i'm gay so believe me

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

Don Tacorleone posted:

Why don't you look in the mirror to see a REAL PIECE OF poo poo, dick?

keep this behavior up and you'll be demoted to VP of my fan club, friend.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
the soundtrack sucks though

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Rosencrantz and Guidenstern are essentially Waiting for Godot "within un-, sub- or supernatural forces" of causality and somehow managed to not-quite-die in the end, thanks to the power of ART.

It's a great surreal and existential read and an excellent companion piece to Hamlet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
I'm listening

e: Thursday nights are really dull here on the forums

gnarlyhotep fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Sep 16, 2016

• Locked thread