Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TV show that made you lose the will to live
Kolchak: The night stalker
Orangutangs Report
Shoemakers Corner
Goku reads the Bible
Cheaters SVU
Donald Glover
Late Night w/ Seth Meyers
GOLDAR
View Results

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
TV is dumb as hell except for ink masters and the great bake-off but i can watch those on a computer.

why did you break up with TV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

because commercials suck and most of the content on TV is garbage

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
I know how to use the internet.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Eames36 posted:

TV is dumb as hell and this is the right place to yell about it

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
I don't even own a computer, popular stuff is garbage!!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

JiveHonky posted:

TV is dumb as hell except for ink masters and the great bake-off but i can watch those on a computer.

Because gently caress paying a licence.

jk jk, I have 2 tv's, they are both used as monitors though.
Plus, I'm not senile enough to want to watch adverts for crap 24/7.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

I know how to use the internet.

:hfive:

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i spent my money on weed and computers and i just never bought a tv when i moved out.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
I think we should use the term cord cutters for people who get a vasectomy or have their tubes tied.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

RVWinkle posted:

I think we should use the term cord cutters for people who get a vasectomy or have their tubes tied.

*shows you vasectomy scar* :respek:

great big cardboard tube
Sep 3, 2003

I like my TV for yidya games and Netflix and the occasional long YouTube video. gently caress paying for cable but the TV itself is my friend and I don't like you bad-mouthing it

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I brok up with TV because it kept telling me to kill my wife.

Then I found out that fucker was also telling her to kill me.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Seizure Robot posted:

I like my TV for yidya games and Netflix and the occasional long YouTube video. gently caress paying for cable but the TV itself is my friend and I don't like you bad-mouthing it

get rid of that tv and buy a nice scarf, you'll thank me later when jack frost is nipping at your nose

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Cable is almost worth it for all the Gordon Ramsay shows but you can find those online and he has a great youtube channel so there's no point having cable.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
my favorite channels are the ones that only broadcast commercials

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
I love the way they speed up the playback of movies slightly so that they can squeeze in another commercial break or two

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

olaf2022 posted:

I love the way they speed up the playback of movies slightly so that they can squeeze in another commercial break or two

i dont even own a TV

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Anytime I get to stay in a hotel I'm reminded why I cancelled cable.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Most of the stuff I want to watch is on Netflix and I have a paid VPN connection for torrents.

I don't give a poo poo if I'm stealing from the traditional movie and TV industries they're crooked as all hell.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this

JiveHonky posted:

I found alcohol

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Eames36 posted:

i dont own a tv i just pirate anything i wanna see

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Frankenstyle posted:

I brok up with TV because it kept telling me to kill my wife.

Then I found out that fucker was also telling her to kill me.

thats weird mine has jeopardy on it sometimes

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I use my TV pretty much exclusively as a PC monitor with a wireless keyboard/touchpad thing it's p cool

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Lol you watch ink master

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
tv isnt good and costs money

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010
Kodi + tvaddons.fusion.ag + Exodus/Icefilms/1channel

gently caress everything free TV

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

BlueBlazer posted:

Kodi + tvaddons.fusion.ag + Exodus/Icefilms/1channel

gently caress everything free TV

thanks, officer.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

garfield hentai posted:

I use my TV pretty much exclusively as a PC monitor with a wireless keyboard/touchpad thing it's p cool

Also best TV/CPU keyboard.

last time I changed the batteries was 4 years ago.

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Smash it Smash hit posted:

thanks, officer.

*salute*

watchin all my documentaries and lame rear end sports ball for years.

Sixfools
Aug 27, 2005

You be the Moon,
I'll be the Earth
And when we burst
Start over, oh, darling
Here in Canada you get your internet from one of the big 3 TV companies. This cord cutting business is just going to raise internet costs in the long run here.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I stopped caring about pop TV in my mid-20s and when it was time to downsize my belongings I had a TV that I rarely used except for the rare times I'd play old PS1 games. So I just got rid of the TV and found a plug to a monitor. Sure, you could argue that now I have netflix I've switched from one TV format to another except the $10~/month guarantees me freedom from bullshit car and pharmaceutical ads every 10 minutes.

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

BlueBlazer posted:

Also best TV/CPU keyboard.

last time I changed the batteries was 4 years ago.

While I love the form factor, mine is a huge piece of poo poo. Since day 1 it tracks so erratically I usually just karat browse around WebTV style when using it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I can't cut the cord because all of the streaming companies have terrible inline ads you can't skip and pirating stuff is :effort:

I just skip commercials on my dvr like an old person

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
http://movietv.to/session/login?return_url=/index

I do not know how this site is up, if its even legal, but you pay a monthly fee and have access to newly released movies, even ones still in theaters, in like 1080p quality. Also has a ton of TV shows.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
They should let us choose the channels we want if they want to keep customers ! When you go grocery shopping they don't force you to buy a bundle of goods if you just want to get bread and some eggs.

Jeremiah Flintwick
Jan 14, 2010

King of Kings Ozysandwich am I. If any want to know how great I am and where I lie, let him outdo me in my work.

The Management posted:

I can't cut the cord because all of the streaming companies have terrible inline ads you can't skip and pirating stuff is :effort:

I just skip commercials on my dvr like an old person

lmao have fun not having instant access to the entire film/tv output of the human race

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i cut all of my hidmi cables. i feel so free

take that, Big TV (i am speaking directly to my large tv, which is now furniture)

naem
May 29, 2011

reallivedinosaur posted:

tv isnt good and costs money

stabbing

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I only have directv because I split the bill with others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
My tv cost 5hundo it is big and nice

• Locked thread