Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
TV show that made you lose the will to live
Kolchak: The night stalker
Orangutangs Report
Shoemakers Corner
Goku reads the Bible
Cheaters SVU
Donald Glover
Late Night w/ Seth Meyers
GOLDAR
View Results

• Locked thread
JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Gaunab posted:

Lol you watch ink master

i only watch it ironically :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Am I paying for the content or the access because if I'm paying for content why is there commercials but if I'm paying for access why is it an extra hundred over the cost of internet? Cable is nonsense.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If your living room doesn't look like this then I don't want to loving know you

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

mind the walrus posted:

lol what a square

KING OF GBS :fyadride:
"..and the kingin is good!"

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

BlueBlazer posted:

Kodi + tvaddons.fusion.ag + Exodus/Icefilms/1channel

gently caress everything free TV

i used tvaddons.ag config wizard for years but then i found http://wookiespmc.com/wookie-wizard/

check it.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 16, 2016

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
also if you have a roku you can't really do poo poo but there are a couple decent addons.

http://streamfree.tv/roku-channels/private/ccloud-tv-4763-thread.html

http://streamfree.tv/roku-channels/private/xtv-4727-thread.html

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

mind the walrus posted:

My living room looked that once, but only because I didn't have anywhere to put that futon mattress.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Denim Dude posted:

i used tvaddons.ag config wizard for years but then i found http://wookiespmc.com/

check it.

drat you, Roku!

BlueBlazer
Apr 1, 2010

Denim Dude posted:

i used tvaddons.ag config wizard for years but then i found http://wookiespmc.com/wookie-wizard/

check it.

Checked, legit. I jam my laptop in things and watch at other locations, always end up setting up nearbies pubbies with the kodi wizardry. Many less clicks, plus built in sports ball seems like a bonus as thats always comes with a disclaimer of it's live TV.

Punch it Chewy!

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree
personally i don't use their kodi download that is bundled with wookie, maybe im a masochist but i use these instructions, http://wookiespmc.com/how-to-install-wookie-wizard-any-kodi/

edit: "After a few seconds a notification will appear confirming that Wookie has been enabled successfully."

actually a few seconds can take like a minute or more, just wait it out until it says wookie plugin installed. then you can find it in your video addons and run it. i like retro wookie.

Denim Dude fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 16, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Frankenstyle posted:

I brok up with TV because it kept telling me to kill my wife.

Then I found out that fucker was also telling her to kill me.

Did she?

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer

Denim Dude posted:

personally i don't use their kodi download that is bundled with wookie, maybe im a masochist but i use these instructions, http://wookiespmc.com/how-to-install-wookie-wizard-any-kodi/

edit: "After a few seconds a notification will appear confirming that Wookie has been enabled successfully."

actually a few seconds can take like a minute or more, just wait it out until it says wookie plugin installed. then you can find it in your video addons and run it. i like retro wookie.

yeah the pre-installed one didnt work for me. the instructions didnt match and it wouldnt install.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I pay 110 dollars a month to watch baseball for 7 months, football for 5 months, and most importantly so my wife can watch all three versions the Bachelor (Bachelor, Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise). Oh yeah, we have DVR too. Other than that, we don't watch cable tv

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Eames36 posted:

because commercials suck and most of the content on TV is garbage

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

b-minus1 posted:

I pay 110 dollars a month to watch baseball for 7 months, football for 5 months, and most importantly so my wife can watch all three versions the Bachelor (Bachelor, Bachelorette and Bachelor in Paradise). Oh yeah, we have DVR too. Other than that, we don't watch cable tv

only fat women watch that dog poo poo

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Reckon I didn't watch tv for almost 4 years. Reckon I didn't miss anything either *spits sunflower seeds on carpet* :clint:

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
I bought a 65" TV with Ambilight 3 illumination system in May.

But I only watch it ironically!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There's tons of TVs at my job and I'll have to do my job around people watching CBS or NCIS or Blue Bloods or some Cooking Show or the occasional Survival Show. US culture is fuuuuuuuucked.

Being able to watch football while I work can be kind-of cool. I pick whatever uniform is nicer and root for them all night, except for the Patriots which even I know deserve to be hated.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of stupid TV technology, anyone have one of these curved bad boys?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Eames36 posted:

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*

Eames36 posted:

DVR and Netflix.

I haven't watched an actual TV broadcast with commercials in like 10 years.

Wutang-Yutani CORP
Sep 25, 2005

CORPORATIONS
RULE
EVERYTHING
AROUND
ME

a bone to pick posted:

I think they have abandoned this stupid marketing ploy in favor of trying to push 4k (just as dumb). I guess when you can get a 1080p TV for a few hundred dollars, and it is actually a good deal for the consumer, it needs to be quickly replaced with a scheme to bilk them for more cash.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

4K is plummeting in price so it's nbd. 4K TVs probably help push down the cost of 4K monitors where it absolutely matters.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

Curved TVs are garbage and unless you're sitting face into it you have a miserable viewing experience, flat are far better to prevent distortion.

This is coming from a person with an OLED tv and having cut my cable before ever even starting, since I just pay for the highest speed connection for consistent 4k streaming in the boonies

It's a good thing though that most streaming services are still 1080 though since my chromecast doesn't cover it and my smart tv only has netflix/hulu/amazon video on it, and I want crunchyroll and hbo from my phone since its not on there

I also don't have a good PC that can output on it though for games yet and am waiting for the current cards to play 4k at 60 fps and high settings and not cost a loving arm and a leg

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Germstore posted:

4K is plummeting in price so it's nbd. 4K TVs probably help push down the cost of 4K monitors where it absolutely matters.

I didn't even really care about 4k when i bought the tv since I care more about the OLED picture (which is insane compared to my LED tv thats now in my bedroom), but yeah unless you're super close to it like I am its really not noticeable, I care more about monitors that can do it

Incidentally curved monitors are pretty great too since you're close enough the curve is immersive.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I also don't have a good PC that can output on it though for games yet and am waiting for the current cards to play 4k at 60 fps and high settings and not cost a loving arm and a leg

you're going to want to wait for the GTX 1080 to come down in price, I'm pretty sure its the only current card that can attain 4k 60fps

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQrySoKs0KI

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Sixfools posted:

Here in Canada you get your internet from one of the big 3 TV companies. This cord cutting business is just going to raise internet costs in the long run here.

except that i dont and i get unlimited usage for 30 bucks a month

harper put an end to bell's gougin days on the backhaul

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

There was a radio ad by comcast about how they were fastest, and I went to the website to see how they were spinning it because they absolutely are not the fastest in this area, and it was about how fast the cable box changes channels.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Germstore posted:

There was a radio ad by comcast about how they were fastest, and I went to the website to see how they were spinning it because they absolutely are not the fastest in this area, and it was about how fast the cable box changes channels.

i remember they say something like "internet and the fastest tv service" or some weasel wordy idiot way

i noticed the lmao marketting but never bothered looking into how they made tv "faster"

now i know! thanks

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I can watch the Murdoch Mysteries, Poirot, and Death in Paradise on my Sony Playstation 4 brand home computer system :shrug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's cool how old curved tvs were lovely when flat screens came out and now they're more expensive again now that its curved the other way. I can't wait until I can get a cone shaped screen. :shrug:

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pirate bay is easier and faster and 4tb hard drives are $100

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Denim Dude posted:

check it.

cool i was wondering how to make kodi look even more like a retarded 12 year old designed it

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont even own a cord

naem
May 29, 2011

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

It's cool how old curved tvs were lovely when flat screens came out and now they're more expensive again now that its curved the other way. I can't wait until I can get a cone shaped screen. :shrug:

I want my tv to be a cone of shame

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006
I suggest tree

William F Cuckley posted:

cool i was wondering how to make kodi look even more like a retarded 12 year old designed it

even more retarded? seems like you came in here with an opinion already. bet you're one of those plex weirdos.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
I DO have a tv but its just my monitor. :cool:

Cymoril
Jul 1, 2005

Kittens Warm the World
Dinosaur Gum
Cable is included in my rent, but I basically only use it to watch football.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

mind the walrus posted:

Why is your TV on its side

• Locked thread